Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Sunday 20th >>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just spotted this posted up. Snow and Booze are an unhealthy combination, please beware the beer goggles around attractive looking snow creations...

post-7292-0-40021200-1358701925_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Aye.

And they Norwegians have me doon for another 48 hours ae snaw:

http://www.yr.no/pla...and/Galashiels/

And they ken aboot snaw. I mean how often does it snaw in Devon compared tae say Oslo, Bergen or Tromso?

Nuff said.wink.png

norway-flag-waving-emoticon.gif

T = -0.4 C, DP = -1.7 C. Very light snaw showers and snizzle at times.

i'm liking that over night they have the winds just going south of an easterly should aid in a forth streamer set up

think i should have said just north of easterly there or maybe i was right anyway still the right direction for feeding some showers my way through the forth

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

The Beeb have finally put us in central under heavy snow from around 7pm tonight. That's the first time in a long time there's been 2 snowflakes on their graphic.

My bunions are telling me tonight and tomorrow are going to be special.

And bunions, smelly though they are, never lie.

Posted

Meanwhile, adventures of the boozed up general public aside, this will save you a visit to the Model thread.. it reads like this..

post-7292-0-94631500-1358702549_thumb.gipost-7292-0-69594700-1358702615_thumb.pn

Posted

Latest BBC forecast with Alex Deakin looked good, he stated that there would be "a lot of snow, even at low levels in Eastern Scotland".

Edited by Sawel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Edinburgh ATC say recent snow is now rain. So those uppers may be infiltrating already.

Edited by BurntFishTrousers

Posted

looking forward to tomorrow, I moved from the isle of wight to the outskirts of dundee a couple of months ago and this by far looks like the best chance for snowmageddon since moving here. bring it on good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Edinburgh ATC say recent snow is now rain. So those uppers may be infiltrating already.

I think the report is automated....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Hello all! Hope everyone has been busy sledging, building snowmen and snowladies (we also tried a snowdog and snowcat this weekend) and snowball fighting all weekend!

Ended up visiting the folks up in Kingussie and enjoying the snaw! Have to say that from Perth all the way to Blair Atholl along the A9 there were was pretty much a marginal difference in total snowfall amount. I was expecting it to be deeper further up than Perth, but actually it wasn't. Both yesterday and today it was lightly snowing at Drumochter, but when is it not?! Took a wee ramble up Creag Bheag and then swore at the top upon realising I had forgot my phone! So, sadly no pics but the view was glorious and lots of lovely very deep snow on the way up.

Edited by over_the_rainbow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Theres been wee snaw here in Leith ... about 1 tiny flake per cubic metre ... cannae tell it apart fae rain,would need an electron microscope.

Dew points at airport -2c so nae worries - many many hours to go. Its what happens when the main band gets here that will dictate all.

I think the report is automated....

Posted

It's a bit bizarre on the latest BBC forecast there is no precipitation over Edinburgh and the central belt at 8am, it just seems to miss the area and move into Fife and central Scotland!! Any ideas??

prob cos they think it wont get past the hills

Posted

Ligjt snow here

The models dont make much of the snow for here tomorrow, I'll expect nae snow but hope for a dumping!

Posted

in a case like this expect nothing, anything is a bonus, good luck to everyone in the coming 24 hours, hope you all get what you wish for.

radar is a waste of time with so many echoes on it, so stick your head out the window/door see whats happening and enjoy.

Posted

Ligjt snow here

The models dont make much of the snow for here tomorrow, I'll expect nae snow but hope for a dumping!

Ignore them models Ross, they are at it, have faith in the yr.no , then if that looks kack revert to the models.. smile.png

Transport Scotland all over it... http://www.twitlonger.com/show/kp32eg

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Hello all! Hope everyone has been busy sledging, building snowmen and snowladies (we also tried a snowdog and snowcat this weekend) and snowball fighting all weekend!

lol. It's been impossible to do anything with a covering of snow flakes on roof tops. But if tonight delivers then inbetween my studying for prelims then I'll sure be out and about making the most of the snow. BBC has no snow for Glasgow but there are lots of conflicting forecasts so I think it will come down to nowcasting - unfortuantly there is fine line between snowmageddon, a covering and nothing west of Falkirk. Hopefully the latter is the end result but I'm certain that some of you in the east could have a spectacular event and please upload your pics if you are lucky enough to get absolutely pasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Unsure if I should expect snow or a sleetfest tonight/tomorrow morning. Suppose it all comes down to nowcasting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Edit: fine light snaw in Leith the noo.

Everything getting a fresh but fine dusting here.

Edit: off again

Edited by by-tor

Posted

we're bount to get a pasting u should see the snow falling in london on the football the now and on the radar they only ment to be having light stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just having a proper snow shower now. Good size flakes too which makes a difference to the graupel and hail that has been in the showers today.