Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Sunday 20th >>

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

You have to laugh - metoffice (automated) forecast has Embra down for snaw virtually all the way until end of Thursday night.

Absurd. I really wonder why do the bother with these, an utter joke !

just ruined my confidence in this event...you want models agreement but never METO agreement :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Hello all! Hope everyone has been busy sledging, building snowmen and snowladies (we also tried a snowdog and snowcat this weekend) and snowball fighting all weekend!

Ended up visiting the folks up in Kingussie and enjoying the snaw! Have to say that from Perth all the way to Blair Atholl along the A9 there were was pretty much a marginal difference in total snowfall amount. I was expecting it to be deeper further up than Perth, but actually it wasn't. Both yesterday and today it was lightly snowing at Drumochter, but when is it not?! Took a wee ramble up Creag Bheag and then swore at the top upon realising I had forgot my phone! So, sadly no pics but the view was glorious and lots of lovely very deep snow on the way up.

Yes even the temperature didn't differ much the length of the road. Coldest between Dalnamein and Dalnaspidal at -1C. I was very surprised.

You should have dropped into the Pharmacy yesterday OTR and said hello! hi.gif

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

i hope the snow is heavier later cant be doing with all this shnizzle crap that keeps falling out the sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Yes even the temperature didn't differ much the length of the road. Coldest between Dalnamein and Dalnaspidal at -1C. I was very surprised.

You should have dropped into the Pharmacy yesterday OTR and said hello! hi.gif

Ha! I didn't realise you'd gone in the end. Might have been a bit odd popping me head round giving it "yoohoo! Highland Snow in here? Tell him it's OTR!". rofl.gif

So, what do the Perthonians think our prospects will be? Yr.No is going with it turning sleety/rain for part of tomorrow and MetO has it as snow all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

And finally, a special Weather Advisory for our southern cousins and the EBC BBC. Bless.

post-736-0-12512500-1358708587_thumb.png

Posted

Dunno OTR.... I'd like to think we'll be snowy all the way through, but knowing my luck it'll probably rain instead :(

Let's not even go there lol

Tim

Posted

Ha! I didn't realise you'd gone in the end. Might have been a bit odd popping me head round giving it "yoohoo! Highland Snow in here? Tell him it's OTR!". rofl.gif

So, what do the Perthonians think our prospects will be? Yr.No is going with it turning sleety/rain for part of tomorrow and MetO has it as snow all day.

I'd be surprised if you didn't receive a decent fall of snow tomorrow.

Posted

Showers all up the east coast look like they are pepping up :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Hope it Snows, charts, apps & Meto say Snow

Edited by Allyw12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Hope it Snow, but really not sure sad.png

I'm assuming yr.no factors very heavily in the wind speed and direction as they have snow for Liberton pretty much all day tomorrow. I reckon you'll be fine, the key thing is that if it starts as snow this evening and we get a good headstart on the accumulations it's far less likely to turn to rain, especially given that the uppers are basically good rather than us having surface cold and trying to swim against the tide.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Lol, broke the front in halflaugh.png

What does this chart show?

Edited by Allyw12

Posted

Good god-if that hits us they'll be digging us out for the next 2 years.

That'll keep Cameron happy in 2014....

post-10485-0-23742700-1358710418_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Believe me OTR I am such a character, nothing would surprise either Staff or Patients. (I worked there for a full year three years back travelling up and down every day so the Locals know me very well!)

Current conditions +1.3C/-1.4C with little change for the past three hours so I wonder how well snow would accumulate with that 2 metre temperature which I think will rise further as the precipitation starts but may then fall if its becomes heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Still flurrying away here. Would be happier if the temps dropped below 1.1c though as that's where they have been sitting all day here. Dewpoint fine at -2.8c wind E veering ENE at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

The radar is showing some very strange things for the front down south, seems to be glitching a bit.