IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Wow went to bed and just woke up the snowfall is looking great so far

Impressive here on the glen

Posted

Is the trend for it to keep pushing North and sending up to the N/E or is it looking like the pivot will send it Eastwards? Bit of Noob here.

On the radar, the track of the precipitation looks to be heading more inland than just sliding up the east coast as forecast. It looks like the pivot is further south and the low is struggling with the block meaning that we could see some significant snowfall East Yorks/North Lincs. Very difficult to say where for sure but something to keep an eye on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Back to rain and sleet here on the coast. Driveway is still clear and I think we've lost some accumulation so far due to a thaw. I guess we had it good earlier in the week but I was hoping we'd be on the right side of marginal here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Really heavy snów leeds aint seen snów as heavy as this in a while well happy lol :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

What i find puzzling is earlier on, we had bright echoes on the radar yet nothing but grains falling.. less bright echoes now and its hammering it down. Very odd. The pivot has helped us a lot, just need that band south of us to hold firm.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

On the radar, the track of the precipitation looks to be heading more inland than just sliding up the east coast as forecast. It looks like the pivot is further south and the low is struggling with the block meaning that we could see some significant snowfall East Yorks/North Lincs. Very difficult to say where for sure but something to keep an eye on.

good.gif Thanks PP, looking good for Yorkshire.

Posted
  • Location: Dalton/Thrybergh - Rotherham - South Yorkshire. Check my profile for assistance with legal solutions, family support and academic solutions.
  • Weather Preferences: Live to see snow. Hate summer, LOVE winter
  • Location: Dalton/Thrybergh - Rotherham - South Yorkshire. Check my profile for assistance with legal solutions, family support and academic solutions.

Just watched a taxi try and get up our hill. Wheels spinning like mad,engine sounding like it was about to blow up lol, but going knowhere. After sliding sideways and ending at an angle on the kerb, he gave it up and slid/reversed backwards down the road. I guess I won't be moving the car anytime soon lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Off to bed now. The heaviest stuff is creeping very close to Sandhutton now- should be upon me within 20 minutes- but so far, just light-moderate sleety snow and if anything a slight thaw of existing cover, though the temperature (1.4C, down from 1.7C) is heading slowly in the right direction. I have a nagging feeling that I'll wake up to slush and ice and aggregate depths no higher than I've had today, but reports from within the heavier precipitation suggest that things could turn around.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

Moderate snow now and it's great to see the temp going below freezing again, after a few days of temps around 2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Just been out again, still really heavy, -0.8C, a tad over 5.5cm of fresh so far and quite blustery out there, feels a lot colder.

Gritters have hammered the main road and the ploughs even been over it but they're losing the battle as it covers again within minutes.

As i type its picked up and even 2010 didn't get this heavy, i'm literally watching it pile up on the wheelie bin. Still twinkle snow again, its

weird, just sparkles like its full of glitter.

WOWZERS, this is EPIC.

Posted

Heavy snow in Barnsley amazing will take pics in morning

Don't take too much of it, it needs to pass over Tarn to get here.

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

tomorrows rush hour will be v interesting !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

A few images of my garden and street in scunny north lincs.

f0x5iq.jpg

2e30rjk.jpg

3448l6e.jpg

m9ty6r.jpg

To be honest scunny has only really had one ten minute spell of very heavy snow with BIG flakes the rest has been smallish flakes at a varied speed been blown around in the blustery wind.

Edited by Lincstim

Posted

Really don't wanna sleep lol it's amazing out there

This storm really will be remembered, what makes it much better is its been a long time coming, after being spoilt in 2009 and the epic 2010,

i was expecting the same last winter but apart from a quick fumble in feb she failed to deliver. Then this year we started out with the Easterly

chance that failed on us at the last minute and we jumped on the zonal train so even the biggest optimist must of been doubting.

For me thats why the last 10days or so have been pretty special, winters here.

Posted

look whats brewing just off the humber in the north sea!!!!!!!! if that moves east then BIG BOOM!

Posted

I agree this will be remembered set to continue for another 8 hours at least wouldn't be surprised to have foot of snow by 9am

Craigers stop lol I need to sleep but I can't now lol what's this boom lol if it effects south yorks I'm happy lol