Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincs Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

look on the radar and you will see an arc forming from the north sea moving back in land!!!on meteoradar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

look whats brewing just off the humber in the north sea!!!!!!!! if that moves east then BIG BOOM!

That will end up in North Yorkshire/Moors. South Yorkshire seems to be the pivot point at the moment. The main event will pull north in the next hours i suspect leaving us with light flurries.

Edited by Mark Griffin

Posted

The really heavy snow is shortly going to move towards the north east.they look like taking a severe hammering with all the massive convection in the north sea heading north east!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

I really do hope this does keep going for north linc to the times the bbc and METO have predicted

Also looking at bbc weather chance of another bit of snow tonigh!!

Any chance that convection will come straight in up the Humber giving scunny another top up ;)

Edited by Lincstim

Posted

pity the wind coudnt have swung around to an easterly or north easterly,wed be snow bound!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

pity the wind coudnt have swung around to an easterly or north easterly,wed be snow bound!!!

Watching the bbc weather bit a go shows it becoming a strong easterly once this front moves further up! I think that's why the snow continues in this area of the region (north lincs) even though that front is further north.

Posted

I think that's about it for Sheffield/Barnsley area, light stuff to come but i don't see anything else heavy from it, unless something really freaky occurs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

Three hours ago was thinking it was not doing much here, but this light snow drizzle does pack a punch after coming down hour after hour, my local hilly road is now not passable as I've just saw someone change their mind at the top and spend two minutes retreating a car length. yr.no showing it ends here about six am so more fresh snowman material to be had good.gif

Posted

I think that's about it for Sheffield/Barnsley area, light stuff to come but i don't see anything else heavy from it, unless something really freaky occurs.

Well I tweeted the met office and asked for conditions at 6am for Barnsley and they said heavy snow clearing away slowly later in day

Posted

w1358734181.gif

look at the winds and tell me why there will be no more development? just got very heavy in doncaster. easy 6cm here now!

Posted

Well I tweeted the met office and asked for conditions at 6am for Barnsley and they said heavy snow clearing away slowly later in day

Is that an automated response from them or someone on the other end? no doubt we will get snow for a good few hours, but it will be light as all the main energy has passed us now. We shall see

Posted

id agree,things moving north east and leaving us in lighter precipitation ete

Posted

id agree,things moving north east and leaving us in lighter precipitation ete

Have you checked the wash area? heavy ppn developing for south yorkshire!

Posted

Its a fascinating system this one.. lots of different nuances and changes. The wind would have to change pretty quick to drag anything else in.

Posted

w1358734181.gif

look at the winds and tell me why there will be no more development? just got very heavy in doncaster. easy 6cm here now!

if thats a link i can load it??

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

The front over the N/S near the humber stretches out to Bremen in N Germany.

Posted

Have you checked the wash area? heavy ppn developing for south yorkshire!

it will push north east id say,hope im wrong tho Edited by swfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

This is EPIC, the last gritter went past 30mins ago, a car has just crawled past and from its tracks i can see theres at least an

inch on the road again already. The wheelie bin looks like it got a beenbag chair on top and its absolutely hammering it down.

I'll be happy if it stops now but i want to see what its like if it does stay like this until morning.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate snow still falling here, has been since 7pm, around 30cm lying snow now.

Posted

Moderate snow still falling here, has been since 7pm, around 30cm lying snow now.

A foot of snow?thats over an inch an hour!!!!!

Posted

A foot of snow?thats over an inch an hour!!!!!

I had a head start with around 20cm already lying, all the lanes are completely blocked here.

Temp -1.6c

Wind Chill -2.6c

Dew Point -2.4c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Still very heavy snow in my area and no sign of it easing wind has picked up again and temp falling -1

its that fine snow here in sheff.very windy tho