Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z -------->

A.J

Posted

hi coast , does it look like we may get rain later although high up we are 4 miles inland from the sea, hoping not!!

BBC were going with sleet on the coastal sections, maybe snow further inland. GFS has a very slight and confined area after dark:

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

I think the rest of the week will be patchy, maybe restricted to light showers over East Kent?

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

BBC were going with sleet on the coastal sections, maybe snow further inland. GFS has a very slight and confined area after dark:

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

I think the rest of the week will be patchy, maybe restricted to light showers over East Kent?

thanks for your time , really appreciated.

Posted

thanks for your time , really appreciated.

No worries!! I think the worst problem today is the frozen slush and snow on side roads The ones on the Industrial Estate in Benny Hill are like an ice rink and a tonne+ of SAAB going sideways was fun!!

a054.gif

Posted

Light snow here at the Bank of England. Just threw a snowball outside the Bank, not often you can do that!

PS I'd add, thanks to Southeastern Trains. This morning my train ran on time leaving and arriving.

Akers where u travel in from???

Posted

That was weird - got off tube at Aldgate East to be met with a heavyish snow shower, but after walking approx 100 yards it suddenly stopped completely !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, warm dry Summers

yesterday evening between about 4pm and 6pm was awesome, got right in the thick of it with that heavier band of ppn, topped us up here very nicely, it added 4cm in 2 hours and we topped out with 12.5cm in snowy snodland. about 4 or 5 cm more than i was expecting and very happy i am today with it, get to stay home and read netweather forum all day instead of working lol!!

Posted

Well, got to work and back home again intact. Some stunning scenes out there, Narnia indeed!! Final measure of snow accumulation at 7:45am this morning was 8cms.

I'm happy with that. drinks.gifclapping.gifgood.gif

CD

Posted

Good morning all. Its nowhere near as cold as I thought it would be this morning, a slight thaw here overnight.

Its off to The Firehills later this morning for me !!.

yesterday evening between about 4pm and 6pm was awesome, got right in the thick of it with that heavier band of ppn, topped us up here very nicely, it added 4cm in 2 hours and we topped out with 12.5cm in snowy snodland. about 4 or 5 cm more than i was expecting and very happy i am today with it, get to stay home and read netweather forum all day instead of working lol!!

Can you put your location in your profile please Matteus? Cheers

Posted

Well official measurement in from Dartford is 10.6cm, temp -1.4 dew point -2, although I don't know how accurate this is as when I looked out the window the weather station is totally covered with snow and the cups and wind vain seems frozen in one place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Patchy snow remaining were its been gritted/salted, but where its been untouched there is about 5cms+. So my score from Littlehampton is a tale of starting off brightly getting some early goals (cms - centimetres not Craig Mackail-Smith!) but after a second half thaw and only a last minute couple of cms we get an official score of 5 centimetres.

Guest bjaykent

Well a fantastic snowy scene this morning in Gravesend, took my wife to the station this morning and the trains were running OK, took my daughter to school which was open, which means I can now make the most of the snow today with a nice walk later. I sense there might be a bit of forum fatigue this morning but what a great weekend. Thanks Netweather its been fun!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

Well No dripping here (Yet) , latest local forecast wasn't exactly helpful...

she said "Rain, Sleet or snow" likely this afternoon and then again tomorrow ...radar isn't really helping shed any light presently..and the NAE doesn't really help either.

GFS has us missing any Precipitation, with it running through the channel...and the Met Office text says sleet on the coast, but their updated map says, sleet, rain, and heavy snow.

So I think it's a case of watching the radar and then sticking my head out the window today....along the S.Coast anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

I think final measurement for me in Haywards Heath is 14cm. Kids are gutted as their schools are open!

post-13201-0-80382700-1358757847_thumb.j

Posted

Kids are gutted as their schools are open!

rofl.gif That's where they should be - they had a weekend of snow already!!!

Posted

worse than kids at school - ONE of mine has school, the other DOES NOT! #cruel

Looking ahead, I am flying at 7am out of heathrow wens to NYC and the met office has been alternating throwing up a light snow symbol for early wens am (3am-8am) and then removing it throughout the past few days. Anything I should keep my eye on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Had a snow shower in St Paul's about half an hour as I was walking into the office.

Posted

No escuse not to open the schools my daughters one is open found out it is not heath and safety it is they dont know if the teachers will turn up, everybody else has to struggle in or take a days holiday

Edited by BLUNT

Posted

Sky looks very snowy This morning

Another couple of cms would be nice

Going to be a long shot I think:

prectypeuktopo.png