Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 21/01/13 6z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

They can be quite erratic when updating, if you keep an eye on the bottom right of the chart, there is a bit in brackets (mon 12 + 30) if you watch for the first figure after the day that'll tell you what run it is.smile.png

Thanks. Every day is a school day as they say!! Apart from when its snowing biggrin.png

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Lucky, raining here in Cardiff mate!!!

Makes a nice change, usually it's rain here when it's snow in Cardiff.

Edit : it had stopped bit it's snowing again now, still light though.

Edited by Smartie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Thanks. Every day is a school day as they say!! Apart from when its snowing biggrin.png

It's taken me 5 years + to pick up on how to read the models, what run is what etc etc etc......... so much info available. I still learn things most days though. Wet bulb levels are new to me this year!!

Edited by chris55

Posted

Lamp-post watch confirms light snow falling. Looks like they're small flakes rather than the graupel of late.

Temp +0.7

Posted

Lamp-post watch confirms light snow falling. Looks like they're small flakes rather than the graupel of late.

Temp +0.7

The start of the great B channel Streamer, pffff i wish ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Temp +0.7

Yep snowing in Patchway now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

It's taken me 5 years + to pick up on how to read the models, what run is what etc etc etc......... so much info available. I still learn things most days though. Wet bulb levels are new to me this year!!

Wet bulb levels are new to me today!! Haha!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Very slight thaw for an hour or so today at home but now back below freezing. -0.5c drunk.gif

Lets hope we see an amber from the met later....? clapping.gif Oil for my heating "should" be delivered tuesday after 2 weeks without heating. I can tell you its been a testing time good.gif curent indoor temperature is 8.9c cold.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Very slight thaw for an hour or so today at home but now back below freezing. -0.5c drunk.gif

Lets hope we see an amber from the met later....? clapping.gif Oil for my heating "should" be delivered tuesday after 2 weeks without heating. I can tell you its been a testing time good.gif curent indoor temperature is 8.9c cold.gif

onionse, sounds chilly!!!!!!! You need to but an electric heater or something!!!!cold.gif

Posted

V light snow falling in SG. Looks more like 'snizzle', according to the lampost.

Looking on raintoday radar some of ths showers seem to be fizzling out as they reach land. But there are also some more beefy ones developing.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Shame.looks like rain tommorow for us on the coast.v cold today and yesterday....and hardly an ppn about...typical..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Light ice pellets here in Longwell Green.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

onionse, sounds chilly!!!!!!! You need to but an electric heater or something!!!!cold.gif

We have 4 going now and should bring main living areas up to around 14/15c by 9pm ish but can't leave on all day it just costs a fortune in electric (15/20 a day) I also have a 13tog duvet which means I feel nothing once in bed good.gif

Posted

Very chilly indeed! A weekend without heating was enough for me! You need to invest in a fire my friend!

Posted

Latest Radar, showers edging into Bristol area, also the front to the far south west is, I'm assuming, tomorrows potential.

hhh_zpsd9d68bc9.png

Posted

Wow, just watching the national news, Conset, in County Durham, is in the thick of it. Was watching BBC news channel this morning and the same guy is still reporting and he is covered in snow, just as he was this morning, with it still snowing heavily. Thats a lot of heavy snow in that region!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Wow, just watching the national news, Conset, in County Durham, is in the thick of it. Was watching BBC news channel this morning and the same guy is still reporting and he is covered in snow, just as he was this morning, with it still snowing heavily. Thats a lot of heavy snow in that region!!

yes I saw that too.. He looked like a snowman ! Snow looked incredible and relentless.

Posted

Wow, tomorrow looks completely unforecastable at the moment. We could have rain in Southampton, or snow, or sleet. Or nothing.

Nowcasting to the extreme...if it does Snow, it could be quite disruptive too. Weather is amazing sometimes, with this you've just got to sit back and wait to see what happens. Anything could happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

Yes, I watched the same. He was obviously told to stand there for a while to make the report more dramatic, but made me laugh! Some of those drifts looked amazing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Wish that was the site outside my window, I haven't seen that much snow here since Dec '81