Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 21/01/13 6z Onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

That new netweather screenshot now looks like a shotgun(thickened up a bit) not revolver or jetwash

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

A question for you clever folk....just checked the forecast for here and from tomorrow night at 9pm, all the way through to Wed 6am, it's saying moderate sleet. But, the temperature range is forecast to be -0.9c to -2.4c, the dew temp range is -1.6c to -3.1 so how would it be sleet?????

on them forecast id say very unlikely to be sleet but that could change at anytime depending on the progress of the low pressure id say the futher north it travels the more likely it will mix out turning from snow to sleet and very possibly rain.

same goes for here in sunny costa del portsmouth lol although not tropical right now.

Posted

That new netweather screenshot now looks like a shotgun(thickened up a bit) not revolver or jetwash

:good: sawn-off, must be a bank job!!!

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

AWD, you bloody tease you!!! But wouldn`t that be nice if that came off for that length of time Hee Hee.

Coast, lol.m Hope devon and Cornwall get some to.

Posted

Maybe a 'blend' of NAE and gfs will be the more likely outcome tomorrow and into wednesday morning.

As i've said a few times on here lately dont rule out the GFS at short timescale, even against NAE.

Guess this is why Ian said earlier nothing's certain yet re tomorrow.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

This is why, for southern counties, it is more marginal re rain/sleet/snow (at least to start of with anyway);

post-12721-0-81550100-1358783793_thumb.jpost-12721-0-31479100-1358783877_thumb.j

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

This is why, for southern counties, it is more marginal re rain/sleet/snow (at least to start of with anyway);

post-12721-0-81550100-1358783793_thumb.j

200 should be fine away from really low ground mate

Posted

200 should be fine away from really low ground mate

I'm referring more to Devon, lowland Southern Somerset and southern coastal areas.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I'm confused....hubby works for Mendip DC, they've all just been sent an email telling them to take work home tonight, to work from home tomorrow, as more snow is forecast - they follow advice from METO.

Tonight? Really?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

I'm referring more to Devon, lowland Southern Somerset and southern coastal areas.

oh ok. Mmmm yh not sure about 300. Maybe snow over 100asl?

Posted

I'm confused....hubby works for Mendip DC, they've all just been sent an email telling them to take work home tonight, to work from home tomorrow, as more snow is forecast - they follow advice from METO.

Tonight? Really?

I thought the weather was showing a change to sleet/snow for SW for early tomorrow morning and through the whole of Tuesday, while AWD's pretty pink pictures are for Wednesday - might get two bites of the cherry??? I know our school is looking at being shut tomorrow already.

Posted

Tonight? Really?

Can't see anything tonight. But the Mendips do look just as much at risk as everywhere else, maybe more so with elevation, through tomorrow.

Edited by AWD

Posted

Coast, lol.m Hope devon and Cornwall get some to.

Oh believe me, I hope the whole South of England gets covered, but there are so many differing views and models even at this late stage. Watch that radar and the skies folks!

Posted

I find it amusing that people consider the current temperatures to be important regarding what happens tomorrow.

The temperature has risen due to the first decent sunshine since last Wednesday and that means clearer sky than we've had

since the snow fell on Friday which will in turn lead to a likely colder night tonight.

The next issue is actually going to be ice very soon, some snow has melted and formed surface water on pavements and more importantly

roads after dripping/running off of verges and that will freeze quickly this evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

AWD, is there much chance of the ppn building in the bristol channel getting as far as the west country? Will it even fall as snow if it did?

Currently light rain in Frenchay with fast thaw at presenthelp.gif

Posted

I thought the weather was showing a change to sleet/snow for SW for early tomorrow morning and through the whole of Tuesday, while AWD's pretty pink pictures are for Wednesday - might get two bites of the cherry??? I know our school is looking at being shut tomorrow already.

Remember, my pretty pink pictures are one forecast from one model. Could, and is likely to be somewhat different to that in detail, that just shows the possible trend, ie stalling occlusion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thank you MK, me old cupcake. angel.gif

I'm so going to make you pay for that Mr ...just you wait until the next meet up blum.gif lol

Posted

Currently light rain in Frenchay with fast thaw at presenthelp.gif

It's coming off the channel so the air will be modified.

Posted

OK, so arrived in Manchester airport this morning in a snowfest, taking me an hour to cover 5miles in the traffic.

Arriving at Southampton airport tomorrow night to what...........(that is the question)

Posted

Arriving at Southampton airport tomorrow night to what...........(that is the question)

Customs and duty-free? unknw.gif

Posted

Temperature is 2.5C here & stayed above freezing last night, no sunshine here & it was raining lightly earlier bad.gif