Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 21/01/13 6z Onwards

Coast

Posted

As Ian says, the models have it a good go, but are miles out already, absolutely miles.

That band has some crazy rates moving into south Devon, and is moving at one hell of a pace. It will be up to Brizzle by 1:30am and of it remains strong there could be one big suprise for some come tomorrow morning.

Classic now say event.

Taunton in firing line for some heavy snow in just 10minutes, and could give inches within a few hours...Who would have thought that earlier...lets just hope the temps hold out

Posted

Ian's tweet did make me laugh. Poor sod. It must be v.frustrating for him.

I am in bed, is it worth getting up and going downstairs to look at the radar?

Can't you access from phone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Just started snowing\sleeting

where i am. bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

temps have really shot up as the front pushed in we were -5 now shot up to 1c rain has just started falling...

Cant believe you have thunder snow down there ooo what i would give for us to have a good thunder storm..

Sod the snow give me a good storm any day.

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ian's tweet did make me laugh. Poor sod. It must be v.frustrating for him.

I am in bed, is it worth getting up and going downstairs to look at the radar?

Oh yes certainly blum.gif

I wonder if this showery ppn is ahead of whats coming or if we could all find the event is pretty much over by dawn...? mega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Latest from Ian on twitter Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

W COUNTRY One last tweet: given showery precipitation is already nearly at Chard up to Taunton, frankly ANYTHING could now happen overnight! also followed by latest mod frames already some way off-base even at 00z. Nowcast gig all-round hereon in...tricky one for the Exeter folk.

No way how exciting folks don't you think?? The fact that the best of the best havent got a clue what's happening next leaves us wide open to anything from blizzards and a foot of snow , (I mean look at them reds in there imagine the settling rate?!). Or heavy rain and a thunderstorm !! Or thunder snow ?!!!

What a night lets get the bottles out ?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Latest from Ian on twitter Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

W COUNTRY One last tweet: given showery precipitation is already nearly at Chard up to Taunton, frankly ANYTHING could now happen overnight! also followed by latest mod frames already some way off-base even at 00z. Nowcast gig all-round hereon in...tricky one for the Exeter folk.

That screams a radar and nowcasting event :-)

Posted

What to do?????? go to bed for some beauty sleep (much needed I might add), or just stay up and add to the wrinkles and watch the fun and games???? BUT then if anything else happens tommorow night, will I be too tired?? oh decisions decisions decisions.

Posted

Oh yes certainly blum.gif

I wonder if this showery ppn is ahead of whats coming or if we could all find the event is pretty much over by dawn...? mega_shok.gif

I'm pretty sure the showery ppn we're seeing now is not the main event. This is the first band, but it's just moving much faster than expected (and more intense?)

But I'm not sure, maybe somebody else can enlighten us what the hell is going on lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

this isnt the main band of ppn though?

Do you think we'll get the thunder snow 124alex? where abouts in ilminster are you? I'm at H Rise

Posted

Had dinner at two bridges the other day, it was very nice!! Small world!! Starting to die out a bit here as well... So you live near the gorge then!! Awesome place. Just had lightening here!!

Lydford Gorge is literally my back garden and moorland my front garden, incredible place to live! And nothing better to explore it on horseback!! Is it still snowing down your way? Thunder has now stopped but snow still coming down heavily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

just let the cat out (did her ablutions and ran back in) and the cloud has rolled right over us now. Looking to the west the clouds have a pinky hue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Lydford Gorge is literally my back garden and moorland my front garden, incredible place to live! And nothing better to explore it on horseback!! Is it still snowing down your way? Thunder has now stopped but snow still coming down heavily.

You lucky person!! Still snowing here... Starting to get heavy again, think we are a bit east of you so hopefully we will get what you are getting soon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

All these reports of thunder and lightning, and the obvious bright echoes on the radar just shows how active this front/Low actually is.

Posted

dam my radar has just gone down.. Any of that PPN likely moving towards Barnstaple ??? or should I just call it a night?

help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'm pretty sure the showery ppn we're seeing now is not the main event. This is the first band, but it's just moving much faster than expected (and more intense?)

But I'm not sure, maybe somebody else can enlighten us what the hell is going on lol

I'm just nervous that if I go to bed I will miss the last event of the cold spell.... mega_shok.giffool.gif

Another thing I have been wondering is if this front is in fact just moving in much faster that may not bode well in relaity as we were expecting a slow gradual pivoting front which would last hours... Now it could steam through before we blink?