Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion - January 21st 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

starting to get heavy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Coming down heavy in darlo now

Looking at the radar Northumberland is in for another pasting today theirs a host of showers heading up that way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

winter wonderland wasnt expecting this non stop since 6.30am n getting heavier

Posted

winter wonderland wasnt expecting this non stop since 6.30am n getting heavier

Enjoy it while it lasts, this looks to be it's swan song :). Must admit, I was surprised at the amount we got in Darlo, we were very lucky with what was quite a narrow band of showers hitting us dead on. Have to agree it was nice to have the main roads clear leaving work at 8 though, makes admiring the snowy scenes far more bearable when you're not having to drive at a snail's pace!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Had enough of this now..! Snow by night, sleet by day. If it remained snow it wouldn't be so bad and I'd thought we'd have at least 7-8"of crisp snow but the cold rain/sleet just washes it away leaving an awful slushy mess..Hoping for a Nor'easterly in Feb as these often bring clean fresh snow with cold but sunny days in between, not grey,dull leaden skies like Sou'easterlies and easterlies do..

Edited by NL

Posted

Had enough of this now..! Snow by night, sleet by day. If it remained snow it wouldn't be so bad and I'd thought we'd have at least 7-8"of crisp snow but the cold rain/sleet just washes it away leaving an awful slushy mess..Hoping for a Nor'easterly in Feb as these often bring clean fresh snow with cold but sunny days in between, not grey,dull leaden skies like Sou'easterlies and easterlies do..

To be fair, I think this is still part of the front from yesterday so grey skies are to be expected and also unfortunately because the flow will be coming off the sea again, it will increase how marginal it will be.

Looks like very light snow around here, but there is no real flake form though so its hard too tell if it is a little sleety or not. Shame there is no heavier PPN around as there be less mixing compared to yesterday as there is much less wind around.

Posted

Turning brighter here in darlo now the temperature is up to 2.5°C with the dew point at -0.4°C both continue to rise

Posted

Anything interesting heading for Teesside?

Looking at the radar no the showers have just about fizzled (you may see something within the next 45 minutes) but thats about it

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Well I know its warming up but this is wrong surely?!

12:07 it was 2.7°C

12:12 it is 5.6°C

12:17 it's at 6.7°C

http://www.wundergro...p?ID=ICOUNTYD18

Could the station be south facing indoors do you think? as the sun is beaming down now on south facing windows

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

major thaw taking place

Well I know its warming up but this is wrong surely?!

12:07 it was 2.7°C

12:12 it is 5.6°C

12:16 it's at 6.7°C

http://www.wundergro...p?ID=ICOUNTYD18

dunno mate all of a sudden we are having a massive thaw

Posted

major thaw taking place

dunno mate all of a sudden we are having a massive thaw

Yeah its turned very mild out there in the sun now just goes to show the strength it has now

Something is deffo wrong with that station I think its upto 7.7c now, I know its warm out there but theirs no way we can jump nearly 5c in 13 minutes

Edited by Gavin.