Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The Medway snow shield is activated!

Oh god please dont...not again :( LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Snowing in Walton-On-Thames light-increasing steady. The snow is widespread and appears to be expanding into Kent, it is likely to hang around overnight.

Heres a radar screen snap at 545pm

post-11361-0-17104900-1358877907_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Last METO radar grab, shows ppn losing intensity and breaking up a bit.

Tom.

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Raining hard now on the downs near Brighton

Posted

Looking at radar grabs/ppn forecasts for OUR region, would think that area/triangle between Basingstoke/Bracknell/Guildford should do pretty well perhaps 10 cms+ possible and further south on Hants/Sussex border.

Not expecting much here in S.E.London, could squeeze a reasonable covering I suppose.

Regards,

Tom.

It's difficult being right in the middle of two regions :p

Posted

Heathrow reporting a rather balmy, 3c with DP of -2c

It can snow at 6c if the other conditions are favourable (Eg Dewpoint, Uppers, Wet Bulb, Evaporative Cooling etc etc)

Dont let the temperature worry you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Raining hard now on the downs near Brighton

Interesing because it's still snowing here, sleety at times though.

Posted

Looking at radar grabs/ppn forecasts for OUR region, would think that area/triangle between Basingstoke/Bracknell/Guildford should do pretty well perhaps 10 cms+ possible and further south on Hants/Sussex border.

Not expecting much here in S.E.London, could squeeze a reasonable covering I suppose.

Regards,

Tom.

Well I'm in Guildford right now so I'll keep you upto date, I'm not sure temp profiles are actually that great for loads of snow, with the airflow the way it is we'll get slightly moderated airflow, so we'll be more marginal than places say to the north or south.

We will see though, some places will probably do quite well on this band though, especally as the parent low does appear to be a decent way NE of where it was forecasted to be looking at the radar (probably 50-60 miles further NE/ENE.

The closer to the coast you go, the more marginal this becomes, say is true the closer you get to the Thames Estuary/London center.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer

Very light snow in Peckham Rye SE15

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

well i have to say that this cold spell has been very good, ok not the usual 1 massive snow event where we can get 9"+, but really cant remember the last time we had 3 decent snow events in under a week, loving it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Snowing in Walton-On-Thames light-increasing steady. The snow is widespread and appears to be expanding into Kent, it is likely to hang around overnight.

Heres a radar screen snap at 545pm

post-11361-0-17104900-1358877907_thumb.g

I don't like there projected maps though, it would show never reaching here :(http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=map

Posted

Well I'm in Guildford right now so I'll keep you upto date, I'm not sure temp profiles are actually that great for loads of snow, with the airflow the way it is we'll get slightly moderated airflow, so we'll be more marginal than places say to the north or south.

We will see though, some places will probably do quite well on this band though, especally as the parent low does appear to be a decent way NE of where it was forecasted to be looking at the radar (probably 50-60 miles further NE/ENE.

The closer to the coast you go, the more marginal this becomes, say is true the closer you get to the Thames Estuary/London center.

I'm slap bang in the middle of that triangle mentioned. It's coming down very heavy, settling well. Seems quite wet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

For crying out loud, wish it would make up it's mind...back to heavy snow, which is now settling on the slush ...couldn't make this up

Edited by EML Network

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers and cold snowy winters

I don't like there projected maps though, it would show never reaching here sad.pnghttp://www.metoffice...recast/?tab=map

I'd ignore that tbh - think it hasn't been updated since 3PM - the five-day forecast which was updated at 5PM is showing something different.