Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

I think it is turning back to rain again : (

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

The wind has really picked up here now (RM10). Feels absolutely bitter..... Just seen a load of rabbits frantically digging. The snow must be on its way to SW Essex. ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Sleety / snow here (patio light watch started lol)

Posted

Is the radar working properly because I have ppn over me, yet there is absolutely NOTHING falling from the sky ????

you should be getting hit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

it's definitively sleeting here, I can hear the rain drops and see the drops hitting the puddles that are now amassing outside, we seem to have a bit of a weird situation here where the snow within the sleet is counter acting the rain.

so where we had patches of snow earlier....we still have them

where it had thawed...we have puddles.

a patch work quilt of slush I suspect ...going to take the dogs out for a quick wonder and take a look

Posted

Same here with the radar for a bit, it's where its falling but its not hitting the ground yet. It's coming.....

Really good feeling about this one, looking good for a nights worth of snow here if we're in the sweet spot..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning

Well the heavy snow gave a good covering about an hour ago , now it has just started to rain Extra hard just to piste me off

Posted

Just been driving home from work (Nr Reigate- I was watching radar so left work early!!)

Heavy snow started nr Dorking at 5.15, and snowing very heavy at home, here in Cranleigh (south of Guildford) . The roads not coping, already snow covered and traffic steadily slowing down, nearly a cm in 20 mins, looking good far a nice covering tonight, as long as it doesn't turn back to rain (like it has on the coast )

Enjoy :-)

Posted

Just been driving home from work (Nr Reigate- I was watching radar so left work early!!)

Heavy snow started nr Dorking at 5.15, and snowing very heavy at home, here in Cranleigh (south of Guildford) . The roads not coping, already snow covered and traffic steadily slowing down, nearly a cm in 20 mins, looking good far a nice covering tonight, as long as it doesn't turn back to rain (like it has on the coast )

Enjoy :-)

I just hope it gets heavier this way... Temp is dropping - 1.5c but dew point rising - -0.3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Meto have me done for Light Rain very soon then sleet bit later cray.gif