Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 21st January 2103, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted

Given up on this spell to be honest, will just enjoy the craic in here and grit ma teeth when viewing pictures. blum.gif

The 'cold' spell has been fine but the snow has been so frustrating considering how everywhere else has had a great time. Let's hope the breakdown brings a frontal snowfall - a bit like the 2nd December earlier this winter - and after that I'm counting on February to deliver. If it fails.........

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Says it all really!!!!!!!!

post-2849-0-26124900-1358790750_thumb.jp

we need that though to dry things out before anything else falls well we do at mine anyway

Posted

we need that though to dry things out before anything else falls well we do at mine anyway

LOL. Knowing our luck it will dry out, get colder but that telephone boxin snow shield will torture us all again. Just seen BBC News reporter in County Durham, boy aren't we missing out.

Posted

LOL. Knowing our luck it will dry out, get colder but that telephone boxin snow shield will torture us all again. Just seen BBC News reporter in County Durham, boy aren't we missing out.

i know plus looking at the radar the intensity of the ppn seems to have gone down over the last hour

Posted

Crazy drifting snow on A947 between Newmachar and Oldmeldrum. Different world to Aberdeen!

Posted

It's now beyond a joke. Time to move to Tomintoul.

i wish i was still staying in dunfermline should never have started going out with a falkirk girl should have known better lol

got to look a little on the bright side though used to stay in glasgow aswell that was even worse for snow lol

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Beeb forecast shows this keeping going until tomorrow morning. We will be utterly buried. Drifts are huge.will get photos once we can get out without risking a wet camera. Can't post them up yet anyway lol

Posted

Beeb forecast shows this keeping going until tomorrow morning. We will be utterly buried. Drifts are huge.will get photos once we can get out without risking a wet camera. Can't post them up yet anyway lol

How much snow have you got already. It has been a very impressive spell of the Borders so far.

Posted

Must have been very wet stuff most of the day. Just in and the wet surfaces are turning white. Extremely windy with heavy wet snow blowing through. A mile down the road towards the coast has nothing lying. The back of Dundee is very being effected by heavy, drifting snow.

AWT...I dunno what is level snow and what is a drift. Front grass is two foot deep in places but that is a drift coming from next door. They must have three foot drift almost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

No need, SS and Catch can build some extra rooms and we can make winter B&B bookings. I'd expect Kilters discount would apply, weekend package including breakfast, lunch, supper, off road driving coming in at a very reasonable price. In fact I'm not sure we'd want to offend them with silly talk about money changing hands!

It's now beyond a joke. Time to move to Tomintoul.

You're living the dream Catch, living the dream !

AWT...I dunno what is level snow and what is a drift. Front grass is two foot deep in places but that is a drift coming from next door. They must have three foot drift almost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snow back on here, proper snow, a mix of the fine stuff and the bigger flakes and lying nicely at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Must have been very wet stuff most of the day. Just in and the wet surfaces are turning white. Extremely windy with heavy wet snow blowing through. A mile down the road towards the coast has nothing lying. The back of Dundee is very being effected by heavy, drifting snow.

Yes. The youngest's footie training just been cancelled as has the oldest's Zumba. Here snow when heavier but back to sleet when lighter. A good bit lying now up towards auchterhouse I am told

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Well despite the wife saying it was lying it was not .....it was snowing and ground was white so assumed lying she says....was not amused

However last 30 mins has seen a quality proper blizzard all of a sudden sticking to everything and the orange glow is here!! Lorenzo u are a genius....a wee bit late but it happened ....tailing off now but proved how things can change

Now after do the bed time with kids and don't look out for an hour will it be sleet on my return lol

Posted

Yes. The youngest's footie training just been cancelled as has the oldest's Zumba. Here snow when heavier but back to sleet when lighter. A good bit lying now up towards auchterhouse I am told

It wet but ill take it !!

LS, are you in Fife or Edinburgh ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Ach , it's no her fault, she needs to go on the training courses first.

She can start off with Lampost Watching Module 1 and progress from there!

I expect Catch and SS will add these training packages as a feature of their Borders Winter Wonderland weekend packages...

Well despite the wife saying it was lying it was not .....it was snowing and ground was white so assumed lying she says....was not amused

However last 30 mins has seen a quality proper blizzard all of a sudden sticking to everything and the orange glow is here!! Lorenzo u are a genius....a wee bit late but it happened ....tailing off now but proved how things can change

Now after do the bed time with kids and don't look out for an hour will it be sleet on my return lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It wet but ill take it !!

LS, are you in Fife or Edinburgh ?

Edinburgh, though by looking at the New Inn camera my other part of the world is getting a bit of a pasting now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

At least today I found out that my fiesta is 100% useless in the smallest amounts of snow.

Ya dancer! Quality.

Still snawin here. Another inch or so covering the road after the last plough earlier. Will need tae take a ruler tae the picnic bench, but will leave that for the morn.

0.2 C and falling.

Posted

Snowing again here and accumulating nicely. Amazing the difference 80m in height makes sometimes. A different world compared to the Gyle earlier.

Posted

Still snowing here as well, pretty much all day so far. It's sticking and drifting here and the road is much worse than it was only an hour ago.

Posted

Snowing again here and accumulating nicely. Amazing the difference 80m in height makes sometimes. A different world compared to the Gyle earlier.

Same story here. All day we had green and yellow echoes over us with almost no accumulation but now it's a completely different story.

Posted

Edinburgh, though by looking at the New Inn camera my other part of the world is getting a bit of a pasting now too.

Do you see much movement of the front tonight? Things look likely to remain as they are at present, with some Northerly movement.