Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 21st January 2103, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Is it just me or is the radar pepping up? Appears to be a lot of showers incoming? Dew point has just dropped below zero for the first time today. Let the dog out but his paw prints are still wet in the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Horrible here heavy sleet and slush like I predicted last night. Temp. +1.0C/+0.3C (+0.1C/hour). cray.gif

Posted

Whacky or what, no matter how heavy the snow has been this evening (and theres been a few belting showers) the moon has always been just about visible. Bit of drifting around midlothian, decent depths but fairly wet snow.

Although im sure Penicuik would have deep powdery stuff lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I know it's dark but the webcam shows how it is blowing around. Done that a lot today tho'. Heavy here at the moment.

http://www.fifeweath....php/weathercam

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Evening Jane.. enticing us weather fiends with saucy outfits and working radars..

post-7292-0-42088400-1358796473_thumb.jp

4 miles you say....

Careful I thought I had her in the bag the other night then she turned up at cheggers called janine....she's up to something :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Even though I know there's no chance of anything for us here I can't stop looking at the rain radar. Totally obsessed lol :)

Posted

Well it is snow that's falling in Aberdeen, not rain/sleet as predicted (unless that's down at the beach) but it's mainly light and sporadic. We need a spell of continous, heavier snow for any potential accumulation to develop - even then it might be too warm. 4 or 5 miles inland near Kingswells (140m asl), drifts were starting to build due to blowing snow off the fields today - I expect to see deep drifis here by tomorrow morning...

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Horrible here heavy sleet and slush like I predicted last night. Temp. +1.0C/+0.3C (+0.1C/hour). cray.gif

It's light buffety snow here at the mo. Still got a coating on the car and on my cleared paths from some that settled this evening. So margins must be a bit better than they were earlier? Just have to hope we get something heavier passing through.

Posted

Proper Dunblane report at last.

Lying snow from Plean N on the way home, snow on road in Dunblane only.

Been out for a clearing frenzy and wee walk in the snow. Seems to be an average of 10cm with some deeper drifts. A bit wet and heavy to scoop around but drying up now.

1cm in freshly cleared car park after 45 minutes.

post-8494-0-46791000-1358802761_thumb.jp

post-8494-0-20159800-1358802956_thumb.jp

post-8494-0-33532600-1358802793_thumb.jp

1 stripe = 45 minutes fall

2 stripe = 10 minutes fall

post-8494-0-90657500-1358802833_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Is it just me or is the radar pepping up? Appears to be a lot of showers incoming? Dew point has just dropped below zero for the first time today. Let the dog out but his paw prints are still wet in the snow.

Saw that too :D

Posted

This is getting silly now. The bands of precipitation are (still) lined up perfectly to miss Aberdeen - if it wasn't happening like it is I would have thought that it was almost impossible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Well it is snow that's falling in Aberdeen, not rain/sleet as predicted (unless that's down at the beach) but it's mainly light and sporadic. We need a spell of continous, heavier snow for any potential accumulation to develop - even then it might be too warm. 4 or 5 miles inland near Kingswells (140m asl), drifts were starting to build due to blowing snow off the fields today - I expect to see deep drifis here by tomorrow morning...

There are a few nice drifts around my house although it is not from any snow from today and certainly don't match anything down south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Even though I know there's no chance of anything for us here I can't stop looking at the rain radar. Totally obsessed lol smile.png

Radar watching is a Gateway drug, once you start viewing model runs that's you addicted, there's no way back.

Posted

Well it is snow that's falling in Aberdeen, not rain/sleet as predicted (unless that's down at the beach) but it's mainly light and sporadic. We need a spell of continuous heavier snow for any potential accumulation to develop - even then it might be too warm. 4 or 5 miles inland near Kingswells (140m asl), drifts were starting to build due to blowing snow off the fields today - I expect to see deep drifis here by tomorrow morning...

Hi everyone. Busy day not been online at all - boo to work. Just trying to catch up with events but seems some have done very well, some wondering what all the fuss is about (like me!). So any north easters fill me in on what me be in store here tonight tomorrow? I have looked at Met office forecast but none the wiser. I am guessing we are missing out on this event.

Currelty blowing snow but nothing accumulating. if anything then I think our cover from start of day has diminished!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

it is the local farmer with council supplied plough that keeps our road manageable but they don't grit so we have to wait until all the other roads have been done before they grit here.

Salting (gritting as called here often) is a crime as far as I'm concerned. Costs huge amounts of money, pollutes water courses and ruins cars rust-wise. Also is great at turning snowy roads into much more dangerous icy ones if the T is very low. They don't typically salt in countries which get snow regularly. Instead, they require you wear proper rubber for 3 months a year wink.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

It's still snowing - sticking to all surfaces and its lovely.

Posted

At this rate doc I will take any options going??tried a snow dance already but almost got blown over the gale force wind cutting me in half!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

too tired to post photos now but have had many snow showers - currently in NW sutherland. Epic day really, amazing how poorly prepared some folk are for a few inches of snow and 0C. classic today was big man's posh 4x4 getting stuck cos he had silly low-profile summer tyres. he pays me so didn't dare take video!

and it's really flipping windy tonight!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

This is getting silly now. The bands of precipitation are (still) lined up perfectly to miss Aberdeen - if it wasn't happening like it is I would have thought that it was almost impossible!

fed up looking at the radar now temp on way up too 1.2c but dp-2.2c dropping we must get hit eventually Edited by drm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Had an odd lull here in Edinburgh, heavy stuff over Midlothian, heavy stuff over East Lothian, heavy stuff over the Forth and heavy stuff coming up rapidly from Newcastle so it wasn't going to last long! Back on now.