Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Totally a non event here. Even if it turns to snow in a minute... We are halfway through the band and it's moving East at a rapid rate, huge let down IMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Continuous moderate-heavy snow here. Temp' is -1.3c.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A515, A53, A628, A57, A537 all closed now due to snow. Looks like the Peak District is taking a hammering. With several hours of snow still to come I now wonder if I will get to go up there tomorrow for my hike/photography session that I had planned?

Good luck getting up here in the morning C !, some of the heavy'est snow i have seen, falling nearly an inch per hour atm..

Temp -1.2c

Dp -1.8c

Wind Chill -4.8c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Totally a non event here. Even if it turns to snow in a minute... We are halfway through the band and it's moving East at a rapid rate, huge let down IMO.

Have you noticed that whenever it's the heaviest precip it's always just slightly on the wrong side of marginal and turns to rain.. never do we get really heavy snow and end up under 1 foot of the stuff. Sods law.

Posted

A515, A53, A628, A57, A537 all closed now due to snow. Looks like the Peak District is taking a hammering. With several hours of snow still to come I now wonder if I will get to go up there tomorrow for my hike/photography session that I had planned?

tell me about, and shout it from the roof tops, it is hammering it down still, I,m on the edge of Peak Distrcit and its mega, always is in this type of frontal episode.

still below freezing, sat watching silent wittness with all lights off and curtian open, and guess what, a lampost outside the front garden.

get in there.

going back to tv back in a bit

good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Good luck getting up here in the morning C !, some of the heavy'est snow i have seen, falling nearly an inch per hour atm..

Its heavy enough down here, although probably got about 3cm now after 2 hours so not as heavy. Was planning on going up around Buxton but may have to give up that idea and head for somewhere closer to here, but still high up.

Posted

Oh well i dunno why but i really dont care maybe because of the fact that the midlands has seen the most snow in quite a few years compared to other places!!cant really complain!!had we not seen any snow at all i would probably be crying like a little baby ryt now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

have to admit Super Cell you will need a four track to get into Peak Distric tblum.gif

Yes, i think you are right. My only hope is they plough the roads in the morning purely so I can get through lol.

Posted

If this is really going to work we need some heavier precipitation, but its all snow here so far. Nice snow on the existing lot, patchy on the cleared areas.

Posted

I knew the Beeb had called this wrong, had a feeling they would. I've seen them give us heavy snow in set ups like this about 3 times in the past and it's ended up being rain/sleet. It's happened once again. Crap event, end of.

the beeb underplayed sundays event and got egg on their face, so today they overplay it but joe public won't care, only us lot will slag them off

Posted

Yes, i think you are right. My only hope is they plough the roads in the morning purely so I can get through lol.

yep were measuring snow in good old fashioned inches now, maybe 4 or 5 at present, forget your euro cms.

help.gif

Posted

If this is really going to work we need some heavier precipitation, but its all snow here so far. Nice snow on the existing lot, patchy on the cleared areas.

Nothing here, plain rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

i love the snow too much i guess. i just want this all to be over now. the mild and rain is coming in regardless whatever it does tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

just plain rain here not even sleet, what a disappointment. especially as we had kept the snow cover for over a week. bring on the spring now...i'm bored with all this anticipation and working myself up for nothing

Posted

yep were measuring snow in good old fashioned inches now, maybe 4 or 5 at present, forget your euro cms.

help.gif

inches? we had some snow last week ( friday) but since then there has been nothing to top it up for the last 7 days, and a steady thaw.

forget inches, round my neck of the woods the snow depth has been measured in milimetres.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

OMG, snow flakes have just entered a new phase, resemble fully formed snowballs.

So?dry.png

*Is jealous as f**k*

wallbash.gif I knew I shouldn't have got excited by the beebs ramping earlier, should have trusted my own instinct and what I said last night.

Posted

Oh well i dunno why but i really dont care maybe because of the fact that the midlands has seen the most snow in quite a few years compared to other places!!cant really complain!!had we not seen any snow at all i would probably be crying like a little baby ryt now!!

I was down in central London Weds/Thurs this week. Even on Wednesday morning from about Cricklewood southwards there was little in the way of lying snow. I'd rather wallow in my snow knowing it is going to be there for a considerable length of time than be gone the next day irrespective of whether London had 2 more inches in one particular event. And multiple events top it up. Was quite strange to be walking around in a snow free environment... had to put my hiking boots on to walk to the taxi office at 6am Weds morning in Rushden, then change into smart shoes with no grip in Westminster. And do vice versa last night when I got back.

Not so flaky outside now. Think this could be a crock of sh*t.