Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just had a moderate snow shower here, the radar does look a lot better than it did a few hours ago :) The current temp and dew point look good too, for now anyway. 0.8c here with a dew of -1.8c.

Posted

heavy snow now, settled everywhere, gonner let it build up before I go out probably arouind midnight.

strong breeze as well, so will be drifting higher up on the hill tops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Freezing rain/ice pellets near ashby de la zouch, just been outside and it looks wet but it is really crunchy

Posted

nothing yet in northampton

Light snizzle falling , i can hear it on the conservatory. heavier precip is just to our north around market harborough.

Posted

Freezing rain/ice pellets near ashby de la zouch, just been outside and it looks wet but it is really crunchy

It raining heavy now! Wife has gone to cinema to les mis I advise her not to go, but she had heard it was going to rain not snow! Need to find her source!

Posted

Thin covering in no time as someone else has said a gap of around 2hours possibly now though before some more arrives. Hopefully itl be snow then to :)

Yes it looks that way, hopefully the wife will back before it hits as I do think it will snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Heavy snow here :-)

Posted

Snow just started in Nottingham... Light.. Been some ice pellets... Heavier stuff close by.. Be interesting to see what happens as heavier stuff moves in... Real mix of reports coming in from the region

Posted

Well that was cutting it very fine ! just managed to get back from Sheffield over Fox House before the heavy snow arrived, very heavy now here, thank god im home and save ! time for a wee dram and a night of radar watching ! roads already covered here now.. Im expecting lot's of drifting later.

Temp -1.7c

Dp -2.6c

Wind chill -6.6c S/S/W Gusting 16mph

Glad you made it home safe and well, its horrendous out there !!

Posted

Ice pellets which have turned into sleety rain in Leicester as 15 mins ago.

Currently in gym with no windows and will be for the next hour or so - so pls post if heavy snow starts chucking it down so I can run out of gym and have a look! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Its white out there now! Reports on the West Mids and NW threads would indicate a lot more to come too.

Posted

Looks like the NAE was wrong again in a marginal set up. I spoke of this last night but got shot down in flames for it, the GFS has proven once again that it's the model to listen to in marginal set ups like this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Looks like the NAE was wrong again in a marginal set up. I spoke of this last night but got shot down in flames for it, the GFS has proven once again that it's the model to listen to in marginal set ups like this.

Well thats not true, because i've seen nothing but snow so far. GFS said just pure rain for everyone. That is not happening, we have reports of rain, sleet, and snow. Actually, pretty much what the NMM had forecast - NMM shows rain, sleet and snow too.

So if anything NMM is the one to listen too.

Posted

Quick question: For those who are getting Rain 9 or sleet) will this turn to snow, or will it reamin as rain/sleet ( taking what little snow cover there is away)

Posted

Well thats not true, because i've seen nothing but snow so far. GFS said just pure rain for everyone. That is not happening, we have reports of rain, sleet, and snow. Actually, pretty much what the NMM had forecast - NMM shows rain, sleet and snow too.

So if anything NMM is the one to listen too.

GFS currently has sleet down for Leicester/Nottingham and Derby for the moment, if you have the Net Weather precipitation overlay it shows that. NAE had us down for purely snow from start to finish with this band, GFS has it starting as sleet/snow for a start but turning to rain on the back edge.