Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 16z ----->

A.J

Posted

Where the heck are the leicester folk its absolutely chucking it!!heaviest of the cold spell so far

I know!! - looked out the window and couldn't quite believe it. The road got completely covered within about 10 minutes!

Edited by SL7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yep :D It's snowing well again! Looking at the radar it looks like we've got very lucky, a moderate band of snow is moving W/NW over Leicester.

Posted

Jeeeeeez! I can't remember the last time I saw snow this heavy, it's literally coming down in 50p size flakes!!

Posted

Where the heck are the leicester folk its absolutely chucking it!!heaviest of the cold spell so far

Everyone is looking out the window at the heavy snow good.gif

Posted

Can't believe how jammy we were with that heavy shower. According to the Net Weather radar, the heavy blob that came over Leicester was only around 6-8 miles wide and gave us a direct hit! Just nipped up the shop and the road is covered now, it was soaked earlier. Looks to be a fresh 2cm just from that shower. Could be a bit more lighter stuff coming over the next hour or 2, fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

It's not been that heavy for me. I'd describe it as steady, 5p sized flakes coming down moderately. Certainly not 50p flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Jeeeeeez! I can't remember the last time I saw snow this heavy, it's literally coming down in 50p size flakes!!

Has to be heaviest I have seen in 30+ yrs didnt last long but settled everywhere.

Posted

Can't believe how jammy we were with that heavy shower. According to the Net Weather radar, the heavy blob that came over Leicester was only around 6-8 miles wide and gave us a direct hit! Just nipped up the shop and the road is covered now, it was soaked earlier. Looks to be a fresh 2cm just from that shower. Could be a bit more lighter stuff coming over the next hour or 2, fingers crossed!

I can't believe it either! If we had that quality for over 12 hours haha! I don't think anybody would be leaving the house!

1.5cm i just measured haha! in the space of 45 minutes! hopefully light stuff for the next 1-2 hours could have a nice unexpected 3cm!

Edited by lesta_snow

Posted

How am I the only person to not have this really heavy snow :( just moderate for me. sorry.gif

Posted

How am I the only person to not have this really heavy snow sad.png just moderate for me. sorry.gif

You must have been on the bottom edge of the heavy part. It was very localized, Countesthorpe is about 8 miles South of Leicester isn't it? The main heavyness was over Leicester City itself.

Lesta Snow... It's coming down quite fast again! It went really light a minute ago but now it's started up again laugh.png

Posted

How am I the only person to not have this really heavy snow sad.png just moderate for me. sorry.gif

I think by looking at the radar it hit the centre and just to the west of Leicester! Very intense!

You must have been on the bottom edge of the heavy part. It was very localized, Countesthorpe is about 8 miles South of Leicester isn't it? The main heavyness was over Leicester City itself.

Lesta Snow... It's coming down quite fast again! It went really light a minute ago but now it's started up again laugh.png

I love this haha! Unexpected snowfall and the fact it's this heavy!

Posted

Yeah that must be the case.

Meh, I'll make do with moderate. 5p sized flakes coming down at a good pace, certainly enough to settle reasonably. I saw some really heavy stuff for about 1km coming back on the M1, but it was all over in about 60 seconds.

edit:

According to radar, plenty more coming right in our direction :D a few more centimeters maybe ?

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

I think by looking at the radar it hit the centre and just to the west of Leicester! Very intense!

I love this haha! Unexpected snowfall and the fact it's this heavy!

If you've typed in your post code you'll see how localized it really is! It's been stuck over my postcode LE36SH for about 40 mins now! Luckily for us it's really slow moving as well.

Posted

Yeah that must be the case.

Meh, I'll make do with moderate. 5p sized flakes coming down at a good pace, certainly enough to settle reasonably. I saw some really heavy stuff for about 1km coming back on the M1, but it was all over in about 60 seconds.

edit:

According to radar, plenty more coming right in our direction biggrin.png a few more centimeters maybe ?

Possibly! It's a very strange band of showers. It keeps switching between intensifying and dying down. It's very slow moving as well, the heavy blob that just left Leicester, pepped up about 5-10 miles South East of us. These showers will be localized but I wouldn't rule out a few lucky areas seeing a fresh 3cm tonight. We have around 2cm fresh snow here near Western Park, a few more showers and we will reach 3cm of fresh stuff!

Posted

Like being in a different country living by j23 M1...been thawing here all day everywhere wet and dripping.

Still +0.4c here...must be the Hills of the Charnwood Forest keeping the Snow showers away.

Just checked with a mate in Mountsorrel it`s -0.1 c there and in Coalville it`s -1.1c there yet i`m above freezing here !!??

Edited by roymeboy

Posted

Like being in a different country living by j23 M1...been thawing here all day everywhere wet and dripping.

Still +0.4c here...must be the Hills of the Charnwood Forest keeping the Snow showers away.

Just checked with a mate in Mountsorrel it`s -0.1 c there and in Coalville it`s -1.1c there yet i`m above freezing here !!??

Maybe your thermometer is out by half a degree, then saying that if it's been melting all day then probably not. Just unlucky I guess. Move 2 miles towards the centre of leicester and you'd be fine haha!

Posted

Kmanmx, you should be getting pounded right now, radar has a bright echo over your area.

Yep, it does. But im not blum.gif nothing falling.

edit:

Just started snowing lightly.. nothing heavy.

Edited by kmanmx