Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Heavy snow on my journey fro Leicester to Hartshill. Roads completely covered again. I love driving in the snow! More to come by the looks of the radar

Posted

I still think 2010 was better, lying snow for far longer, and on Christmas Day of course :-)

If December 2010 was the Olympics then this has been a infant school sports day!

And January 2010 was much, much, much, much better than this pathetic pretend cold spell.

In Evesham .....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

If December 2010 was the Olympics then this has been a infant school sports day!

And January 2010 was much, much, much, much better than this pathetic pretend cold spell.

In Evesham .....

It was deffo colder in 2010 but this spell has been far better for snowfall IMO.

Posted

Makes me sound bad! But living next to a main road, in the lowest area around here and just metres from a power station leads to this place always being worst off.

It's still been a brilliant week, but it could've been so much better.

The mad thing is that within probably half of a mile from you they had good snow. Altitude has a lot to answer for...

Posted

It was deffo colder in 2010 but this spell has been far better for snowfall IMO.

I had more snowfall on the 6th Jan 2010 than the whole of Jan 2012. And it wasn't thawing five minutes later, either!

There's been more days of snowfall, but what use is slushy wet snow that falls, half covers the ground, then melts again? I'd rather one decent fall that freezes.

Edited by Essan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I can't get excited by Friday if it is then going to rain and go away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Snowing lightly here, adding a fresh dusting to cleared surfaces. Just seen a report from Walsall on Midlands Today and there were quite big flakes coming down there.

Posted

I can't get excited by Friday if it is then going to rain and go away.

I always call it 'safe snow' the stuff that doesn't melt for a couple of days, the sort that lets you pretend you're living in Russia or something.

Transient snow events that turn to rain just make me feel sad for what could have been :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I always call it 'safe snow' the stuff that doesn't melt for a couple of days, the sort that lets you pretend you're living in Russia or something.

Transient snow events that turn to rain just make me feel sad for what could have been :-(

transient snow events I class as miles better than nothing depending on timing, useless if its starts snowing at say 1am, and turned to rain by 5am

07 Jan '11 was good 3cms snow from 8-11am, then rain

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

It would be good if it all falls as snow n then slowly thaws over the weekend! It's the dreaded rain that will be the party pooper! Snowing here again, 25cms at least in my back garden lol! Pretty impressive really.

Posted

This cold spell has been brilliant for where i am. Not had snow as deep since 90-91. I have a 5 year old daughter and to see here enjoying herself in her first ever proper snow has made it even more worthwhile.So when it does turn milder i want be complaining because as much as i love snow ive had great satisfaction from this spell.

Yep, it's been confirmed that we've had the deepest snowpack in Coventry this January in 22 years (since March 1991 to be exact): http://twitter.com/bablakewx

Posted

Heavy snow here, the heaviest i've seen from this cold spell.

Posted

I had more snowfall on the 6th Jan 2010 than the whole of Jan 2012. And it wasn't thawing five minutes later, either!

There's been more days of snowfall, but what use is slushy wet snow that falls, half covers the ground, then melts again? I'd rather one decent fall that freezes.

I've had at least 8-10 inches of dry snow in my garden for the whole week with hardly any sign of a thaw. In 2010 this area had 2-3 inches max.

Posted

The Birmingham shower is edging ever closer, hopefully it takes more of a westerly track and doesn't fizzle out, got a few flakes swirling around at the moment that's about it.