Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted

Of course not im just saying as it's the latest to be updated, those expecting a blizzard fest will be bitterly dissapointed.

The NAE has even warmer upper temps of +2 850hPa!!

http://expert-images...012600_2418.gif

Anyway it's still been the best spell of weather snow wise in quite some time here, and of course there's still February to go aswell yet which hopefully has some more wintry treats up it's sleeve.

oh no i dont really think we will get anything tommorow if im honest, maybe 2 hours of snow before rain, just thought you were basing that assumption on the gfs alone, yes think there is still a twist in the storyline of winter 2013

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Realistically in brum I think we'll see a mild breakdown - and I hope it's that way. We've had a great snow week - maybe not dramatic cold temps but falling snow every day and impressive snow depths. Lets wash all the ice away and wait for the cold reload in February!!

Posted

At least the cold spell is ending with a good cold night. Currently at -8.9C, best this year.

Edited by picog

Posted

Keep the faith people :) this time tommorow the site will be in meltdown with 10 inches of snow ;)

Posted

Somebody shoot me. I was hoping for a dumping of snow and now all I will be doing is listening to drip drip drip. Argggh why can't it just snow for a couple of days . please I just want some 50p flakes please.

could still happen, i dont reckon so though, think weve had our fair share here though, lets let the NW have a turn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or hot

I'm still really new to this but what's that forming over the west of Ireland on the radar? Surely that's far too early for this front coming in? And wouldn't it very quickly turn to snow considering the cold temps tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Somebody shoot me. I was hoping for a dumping of snow and now all I will be doing is listening to drip drip drip. Argggh why can't it just snow for a couple of days . please I just want some 50p flakes please.

No one from the West Midlands region has any right to complain after the week youve had!

All good things must come to an end!

Posted

No one from the West Midlands region has any right to complain after the week youve had!

All good things must come to an end!

Oi! You've had your allotted flake for Falmouth. Now clear off & finish that pasty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oi! You've had your allotted flake for Falmouth. Now clear off & finish that pasty!

I will thank you. :lol:

Posted

I'm still really new to this but what's that forming over the west of Ireland on the radar? Surely that's far too early for this front coming in? And wouldn't it very quickly turn to snow considering the cold temps tonight?

Nope its all on time thus far, it will be arriving into west Wales by sunrise.

In the meantime finally a clear-ish night here allowing the coldest night of this spell to date, currently -4.2c.

Posted

You do realise flakes that size ONLY come from marginal set ups, right? Snowfall with perfect conditions is comprised of much smaller, drier flakes. Large flakes are formed by partially melted flakes joining together, thus being slightly (or in some cases, particularly) wet in nature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

NAE upgraded for our region! Snow lasting longer and not followed by much rain! Well that's how I see it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Definitely been some sort of upgrade this morning - the Netweaather 10 day forecast even upped the snow risk chance from 20% yesterday night to 50% for here today. :)

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Upgrade!!! Wasnt expecting that! Ironbride was down for sleet n rain on meto site now only snow and heavy snow !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Yes meto site forecasts snow only for me also, looks like a potentially similiar event to last feb when I think we saw about 3 inches of snow here, which then melted fairly quickly the following day. Hopefully get a final chance for some sledging with the family tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Is the front coming in faster than forecast because it's coming at 100 mph on the radar images. Is it due to slow down?

Posted

Warnings will probably be updated later today

also not how the ppn acc has almost halfed over the midland on the latest NAE, this is a good thing. It falls more in the line with the other models giving it a more plausable look

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

i just hope it doesnt settle on roads, my bike was stuck at work for a week...........................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

right, big call to make. head on the 19.22 from new street to norwich tonight? what would other people do?

Can't you catch an earlier train any snow should have arrived in brum by then n may be causing problems if u do get on then the snow will be chasing you

Posted

its due to arrive earlier now brumsnows. serendipity it is tempting but if i get stuck in somewhere like peterborough or ely it'll be a pretty bleak sort of night to say the least. plus ill lose 30 quid if its not delayed

Edited by azores92