Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 22/01/13 23z ------>

A.J

Posted

Probably a last update on this spell from me now the end is in sight

A slow start compared to most

Friday was decent but again others did better

Sunday finally saw it become our turn! :D although we saw a thaw by Sunday night I had and extra 6/7 cm's on top of Friday's giving 10/12 cm. We never get that in Shrewsbury!! :D

Highest drift in garden at 1 foot

A lovely surprise snowfall last night adding another 2/3 cm!!

What's been annoying has been the thaw that's taken place on a few days during the height of the day

I'd say the highest level depth I could find in my garden now would be 12-15 cm so happy!

We always seem to cope really well with the snow here, main roads always fine, estate roads are now clear, all pavements have maybe 1cm, some still untouched have alot more

Biggest dissapointment is lack of cold! I'll never forget the 2 foot icycles of Dec 2010.

Don't think we've got below -3 this cold spell :/

That will probably change tonight or tomorrow though!

A very respectable snowy spell but not at 09/10/11 levels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or hot

If December 2010 was the Olympics then this has been a infant school sports day!

And January 2010 was much, much, much, much better than this pathetic pretend cold spell.

In Evesham .....

Completely agree, it's been very disappointing and frustrating at times. Also annoying when little rissington is only 19 miles away but led the nation with 30cm yesterday.

Posted

heavy now yay, got radders' big flakes!

Heaviest we've had in this spell of cold. I'm going to miss the near constant snow, although we've not had huge accumulations it hasn't not been snowing much at all since last Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Heaviest we've had in this spell of cold. I'm going to miss the near constant snow, although we've not had huge accumulations it hasn't not been snowing much at all since last Thursday.

Yeah, exactly what I think, snow virtually all day, fri sun mon and wed, tonights heavy snow showers around W Midlands got to say unforecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

These are like Thames Estuary streamers. They keep popping up off the Kent coast and heading straight for us. More to come methinks.

Posted

Hammering down here! Proper dumping and the heaviest snow I have seen this cold spell. I reckon lots more showers tonight but not been picked up by BBC or MO!

Posted

I've had at least 8-10 inches of dry snow in my garden for the whole week with hardly any sign of a thaw. In 2010 this area had 2-3 inches max.

Just shows how different it's been within the same area. All the snow here has been wet and the max depth was ~3-4" on Friday - much less in my garden though.

On the other hand, looks like some light snow creeping over the Cotswolds towards Evesham, so may get another dusting tonight. Can't complain about the frequency fo snow fall :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Very heavy snow here where has that come from ??

Posted

Bloke next door off to steal more grit from the bin at the end of the close, every time the heavens open he's off to grit his drive. He is becoming seriously anal, thank the lord he's not living in Scandinavia the poor thing would have have been sectioned by now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Bloke next door off to steal more grit from the bin at the end of the close, every time the heavens open he's off to grit his drive. He is becoming seriously anal, thank the lord he's not living in Scandinavia the poor thing would have have been sectioned by now!

Yeah what is it about snow that makes people act like complete knobs?

Posted

Stonepine isnt it? still snowing but not as heavy

Posted

Yeah what is it about snow that makes people act like complete knobs?

God only knows, he really is bad. He's an abysmal driver so I think that is part of his worry that he won't get back on the drive again, however he must have used a good amount from the bin.

Stonepine isnt it? still snowing but not as heavy

Yeah, that's the one. It's given a good covering though in this last half hour or so.

Posted

Just been out to the shops, still dumping here. One inch on my car roof out of 35 mins of snow!

The showers coming in are shifting direction to more East to West direction now so hoping to cop for some of those over Leicester now!

Posted

Bearing, Don't think I know him, may have seen him in car without realising, snowing lightly, more showers coming, seems weird snow showers from SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
Posted · Hidden by WalsallWeather, January 23, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by WalsallWeather, January 23, 2013 - No reason given

Today has been brilliant! It was snowing lightly this morning at 5am, with a slight covering on cars. By 8am the snow had become heavy and by half 9 in the morning it was sticking. We've virtually had heavy snow all day here since. Fantastic. As a 21 year old it's some of the most consistently heavy snow I have seen. It's died off now but we'll hopefully have one or two more showers.

Posted

Typical after heading WNW for the past 2 hours towards us the snow showers took a last minute NW turn to make the heavy stuff dodge us by 2 miles,

clipping the lighter edge of it at the mo, large flakes at least.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Typical after heading WNW for the past 2 hours towards us the snow showers took a last minute NW turn to dodge us by 5 miles and fizzle out on the southern edge that

was gonna clip us :lol:

Have you got the heavy snow in your part of Telford?