Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Ha ha. Warning for Northern Ireland even above 200 metres now gone. So to think Fridays event will come off at this stAge is very wishful thinking! They got Tuesday warning completely wrong 12 hrs out!! They really are diabolical to be honest.

Posted

Ive been out most of this evening in and around Ballyclare, lugging staging and 15ft book flats about (dont ask!).

The temp has been ranging from 1-2-3 degrees. It has also been tryingto snow on and off throughout.

After it being such a wet aul day it has certainly been drying up and it makes me wonder if we are getting the drying before the snow?

I dont expect much from this week but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a bit of a covering in the morning.

Does anyone else remember St. Patricks Day about 2002 ish when it was totally abnormally warm? I remember being out in student land in Belfast (Holy land area), and us students lifting out the sofas from the houses onto the street and basking in warm sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Had some sleet here but looks like it wants to snow! As do I . :p

Posted

Well as iv said. It's comical. Talking bout heavy snow on thurs- fri too so u can be sure that wont happen either! Just go the opposite of what is forecast.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Snow days now into double figures this winter .. 2 .. Snow still falling .. but now thawing

Posted

Is that sarcasm MS ! Or is that what fathoms a warning from met nowadays! A few flakes of snow!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A few cm of snow here which was a surprise and still snowing , i only got up a while ago but looking at the radar its seems to half started around half 6. Temp 1.0c

Posted

Sarcasm Neiller.

Overnight runs put Northern Ireland in prime position for later in the week as the Atlantic engages the cold air.

Still subject to change of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

Well, I must confess that as Pope Francis gets installed .. my snow has Peter'ed out ..

Posted

Lets hope so MS but I don't think we will get it. I think the cold will be pushed away from us resulting in rain/sleet but I hope I'm wrong.

Posted

And just by magic met office have heavy rain warning for us thurs and fri! U can guarantee northern England and Scotland get snow. Never had faith in it happening.