Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

I'm still not convinced MS. I really hope your right but more twists and turns to come I think. I think high ground may do well but low levels more rain/sleet. There may be a snow warning but I think come the time it will be removed or just rain/sleet falling. Met check just issued red high risk for Northern Ireland but don't mention any snow just heavy rain more so in republic. Total confusing still reigns!

Posted

Well, it is the middle of March so higher altitude areas will be even more favoured as ever. But i would say there are more positives than negatives at the moment.

Higher eastern areas such as Carryduff presently favoured. ;-).

Posted

Metoffice warnings updated. Snow warnings out for NI for Thurs, Fri & Sat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Precipitation charts looking very good for Thu/Fri/Sat in regards to some lamppost watching, so all eyes on deck. Still time for things to change and more people (or indeed less) get in on the action. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the risk to Northern Ireland in the MoD thread amongst their "correction and here and here being plastered" discussions. Or am I surprised? acute.gif

Posted

Good call MS. However we have seen these warnings being replaced by rain on numerous occasions and I just hope this comes off. Looks like some heavy prolonged snow away from coastal fringes!! Could be the best of the winter

Posted

Why would you be surprised Watcher! We are never mentioned so let's hope this comes off and we can finally have the snow we have been waiting for since Septembet! Lol

Posted

Bbc National weather had snow only for the north of Northern Ireland on fri but most of Northern Ireland on sat. However no attention should be given to their snow graphics! Looks good for some though.

Posted

And local newsline has snow fri and rain sat! Who actually advises these people considering they are completely different! U couldn't plan anything. So it's going to rain or snow!! I could tell u that!

Posted

Have noticed that the Met haven't updated their Regional forecasts. They normally do this before the 12z rolls out! The suspense is killing me waiting in the 12z! Lol! Surely if it keeps with the trend then Friday is more or less nailed on??

Posted

Seems to be edging north again. Guys this is by no means a done deal for snow! Long way to go yet before we know snow will fall from sky rather than rain!

Posted

A very small edge North though Neiller for NI. Pretty happy with the 12s.

It is clear that Its going to be a wintry mix across the North.

Posted

That's my worry. A wintry mix snd not snow, so the met warning of 10 cms or more is way of the mark I think. Only my opinion of course.