Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

I think this may beat your best snowfall u had earlier in year MS!!

Thanks Steve. Could be messy

Posted

Good luck guys!!!

50cm in the sweet spot somewhere in the ENE of the country!

Steve

Steve, if you are still there, do you not expect it to be rain or sleet south of the border in the east?

Posted

I think this may beat your best snowfall u had earlier in year MS!!

Thanks Steve. Could be messy

Amazing to think this could be worse. The wind will be stronger for sure.

Posted

But that's always been the case sparky. Ireland as a whole was only ever getting rain. It's Northern Ireland especially east and northeast to get the worst.

Posted

Either there has been a dramatic turnaround for us or they are judging severity!! Maybe there is something in NIW taken away red warning!!

Posted

Friday has been changed to a amber.

Heavy rain will spread northwards across Northern Ireland on Thursday night, and will turn increasingly to snow later in the night and during Friday. Highest snow accumulations of 30 cm or more are likely to be across the hills of Antrim and Down, with strong to gale force southeasterly winds giving drifting and blizzard conditions. Accumulations of 10 cm or so are possible at low-level, though towards the east coast rain and sleet will be more prevalent, with a risk of localised flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

Well NI Facebook is pretty bleep for me. I'm in the far east of Donegal and it is in the yellow colour,not far from amber and red warnings. find it hard to believe strabane is in the red colouring and im close enough to it and im only expected to see 2-5cm

Posted

Well NI Facebook is pretty bleep for me. I'm in the far east of Donegal and it is in the yellow colour,not far from amber and red warnings. find it hard to believe strabane is in the red colouring and im close enough to it and im only expected to see 2-5cm

I see that hmm. I think the red warning is for the hills, probably not low ground

Posted

Well Beaufort I'm in the red warning zone (Strabane) in theory! With an amber warning from the Met office for snow and a forecast from the same Met office showing heavy rain! So I guess someone will get it right!! (it won't be sunny!!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

I was holding out for the warnings but not looking good for my area!! Will be ragin of I miss out again!!

Ronan

I'm on co down coast and I'm sure I will miss out so if its the case for u then join the club.

Inland areas have had not a bad year but coastal areas have been too marginal this winter and unfortunately have fallen on the wrong side of marginal each time.

Maybe next year !!

Posted

I'm holding out until the actual event as precip can be hard to forecast. What's more frustrating is that Strabane is only 20 mins away and NI weather have them under a red warning!

Posted

We're are guys getting this red warning on Northern Ireland weather facebook. I'm on main page and see nout!

Posted

To my untrained eye the front appears to be moving a little faster North Eastwards than projected. Already into Dublin. Dont want it here to early before the colder air undercuts.

Posted

To my untrained eye the front appears to be moving a little faster North Eastwards than projected. Already into Dublin. Dont want it here to early before the colder air undercuts.

I don't see the first pulse amounting to much to be honest.