Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 24th January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted

Told u ronan. As I said this morning I don't think we will be affected as much as said if at all. Keys hope it moves south again by 10.15 tonight. Another shift north which is highly likely could change that warning back to rain!! That's my hunch in afraid. Love to be wrong as I want snow as much as anyone if its a possibility.

Posted

The 12z ECM in a few minutes will give us an idea from the top model and the 18z NAE.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

ECM further north as well. Any more movement north in the next couple of runs and our snow warning will return to its initial posting!! Rain!!! Have had a bad feeling bout this since they issued the snow warning!

Posted

Sorry it's actually a bit more south. This is all getting to me. I'm away for a run to clear my head then having a sailor jerry !!

Posted

Neiller I reckon you need a few Prozac!! Lol! Getting within the reliable timeframe now so i reckon we are in for a proper winter storm! (even though it's Spring) All forecasters are now talking about Blizzards, drifting and power cuts! If this comes off then it will be worth the long wait from September!!

Posted

Love the fact you offset the Sailor Jerry with as run Neiller!

Bit to much vanilla for me. Morgans spiced all the way.

Things are looking real good and if it does all go the way of the Y-Front, at least we will get some nasty stormy weather!

Coal in.... Check!

Turf in ..... Check!!

Candles in ..... Check!

Drink in ........ Check Check Check!

Bring it on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Haha, would be funny if it was snowing on Easter :p, or maybe not for all those egg rollers out there :(... Has it ever snowed on Easter before?

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

Alright peepsdrinks.gif

Right own up who stole spring and replaced it with winter, I want the spring back by Monday or you all will be given detentionmad.gif

Until I get my share of snow there will be no spring ..O.K. ..!!!

Edited by be cause

Posted

Long way to go to see if it will fall as the white stuff. We may just miss out by a whisker or get nailed!

Posted

Haha, would be funny if it was snowing on Easter blum.gif, or maybe not for all those egg rollers out there sad.png... Has it ever snowed on Easter before?

Indeed it has - sure Christy Moore wrote a song about it - "oh the easter snow it has faded away"

Altogether now

Posted

This is looking very good for us folks!! Things a bit further south again or am I wrong? Can't wait for Friday now!

PS It all comes back south of Saturday again!!

Edited by ronan

Posted

Epic 18z NAE, has parts of eastern NI under 20-30cm's of snow!!, although Fergieweather is saying to ignore it!

The GFS 18z is also decent but gets a bit marginal particularly for low lying areas.

Still in the game with 24 hours to go.

Posted

The Met Office will have their biggest forecast headache for Northern Ireland as the occlusion is moving North across us and pivoting at the same time. Depending on how far North it gets and where the pivot point is can make all the difference between a once in a decade snowfest or a slush fest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

Epic 18z NAE, has parts of eastern NI under 20-30cm's of snow!!, although Fergieweather is saying to ignore it!

The GFS 18z is also decent but gets a bit marginal particularly for low lying areas.

Still in the game with 24 hours to go.

How is Eastern Donegal/West Tyrone looking? I can't check charts atm driving. Cheers

Posted

Could be good out that direction Beaufort although the larger precipitation totals are towards the East. Should see some decent snowfall totals from the 18z NAE though.

Just had another look and I've probably underplayed the snow chances for Tyrone/Donegall. Looks extremely good.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

The East has done brilliantly compared to over here this year. We haven't had any half decent falls yet. I'd be happy with a couple of inches. Thanks

Posted

Well Cecilia Daly has been allowed to get off the fence. The graphics showed a snow fest for most of NI and she used the phrase for Friday " a hazardous day".

Posted

I will get a bit more confident if things are the same in 12 hrs. Until then I'm still not convinced as I think it's on a knife- edge still. My gut tells me quite a few may be disappointed in the morning! But I'm hoping for snowmaggedan!