Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Another front similar to last night coming in if only the temps could stay at 1/2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

We had 5 and a half " last night but it looks like there was a freeze overnight as there was a layer of ice on top. Jacknifed lorries all over st helens and a crash between a lorry and a plough. All busses were suspended and train overhead lines have come down too. The beeb have no coverage of it though compared to last week wen london was buried. This wont be here by the end of the day as the sun is out now and temps are rising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Looks like Pineapple Express is coming up especially next few days. Many Pineapple Express events follow or occur simultaneously with major arctic troughs in the Northwestern United States, often leading to major snow-melt flooding with warm, tropical rains falling on frozen, snow laden ground

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

Just finished the old thread, how do you lot stay up so late!!

Took the dog out earlier, can't believe how much snow there is!!!! Only trouble is, all I could hear was the drip, drip drip sound!

Oh no, I think it's raining!! bad.gif

Think it's stopped?!

Edited by SummerNSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
Posted

BBC actually showing us the M6 motorway gridlock. What a surprise!

Why don't they showed it last night? I never know. maybe they don't care about us enjoying the snow. so they dicided to show to us in the morning. Stupid Southerners!!rofl.gif

i thought bbc news is now based in salford !

Posted

Best snow breakdown of a cold spell for a long time.

Yep, best one I've seen too. 6-7 hours of steady snowfall with no sign of rain before it finished. Most end up with a little sleet on leading edge quickly followed by rain. It does have the defeatist look of not taking too long to turn to slush so I'll soon be out enjoying the scenery while I can

Posted

Ended up with 6 inches here, melting now, temp 2.3C and sunny.

Such a shame this wasn't last week, what a waste of all this snow. Can't complain though, was better than a night of heavy rain.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Well we've woken to it still here, although ice or something fell on top as it's very crispy! 2-3 inches all around - everything well covered from where we made the snowman/dog at 8pm. But we're off out soon as there's a steady 'drip drip' from the trees...!

Posted

Well i was not on here lastnight as i was playing out with my kids i was sledging down our street.

Well i might as well as i had no satalite signal on my tv since 6.30 lastnight.

Posted

Oo oh suns out drip drip time.

Just had a hail shower just before that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Many

i thought bbc news is now based in salford !

That's BBC Sport in Salford, News is still at Television Centre in London as far as I know.

Still an inch or two on the ground this morning and a lot of sheet ice making paths a bit dicey. Will see how long it hangs around for until the rain comes and properly finishes it off. A very good cold spell and the best snow in Chester/Wirral by my reckoning since the blizzard of early Feb 2010 (deep snow, sheet ice everywhere and a 3.5 hours journey home from Bromborough!).

Sounds like a nightmare for those stuck on the M6 last night, glad they were able to find some shelter at Chorley services though.

Edited by Chris W

Posted

Staggering home along the snow-covered A6 last night, was quite surprised to see quite a few 2WD cars out and about in the conditions given I was wearing hiking boots and even they were tough going, still 2 or so inches of snow lying here (not including drifting.) Hopefully the City v Stoke game will still go ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

WOW, some amazing snowfall rates for some of you guys last night, epic stuff. It looks like most have now seen some decent snowfall of one type or another out of this spell now, good stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Blumming lethal out there, someone did say it would make the news in the morning! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21209619

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Wow what a night. Just saw BBC news coverage of the M6 witht an MP talking about playing snowballs on the motorway near Wigan. So the NW finally exists does it BBC? Got relatives in Wigan and Horwich - wish we'd been there last night! Roll on a Greeny High in Feb now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Wow what a night. Just saw BBC news coverage of the M6 witht an MP talking about playing snowballs on the motorway near Wigan. So the NW finally exists does it BBC? Got relatives in Wigan and Horwich - wish we'd been there last night! Roll on a Greeny High in Feb now!

Lol they were also building snowmen on the M6 http://news.sky.com/story/1043086/weather-snow-storm-brings-m6-to-standstill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Lol they were also building snowmen on the M6 http://news.sky.com/...6-to-standstill

Yes - Northbound -v- Southbound snowball fight.... :)

Mountain Rescue out on the M6 to help a diabetic motorist stranded last night.

Posted

I managed to get out of my road this morning to work. As a field engineer i travel to various places in the north west and beyond. At the moment of typing im in middleton and im stuck. Going home in a bit now if i can get on the main road that is.

Posted

Been for a walk and taken pictures - it can go now so I can get on - we have so much snow on the ground its difficult to walk

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17459-rossendale-valley/

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/image/17458-bankside/