Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 03/02/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A quick question, where's all this wind come from on Tuesday? I though it was only meant to be gusty with the showers, but I'm being predicted gusts of 55mph on Tuesday?

Roger J Smith is responsible, ask him. rofl.gif If he pulls this off, I'll have what Roger's having. good.gif Then again, perhaps I could claim some responsible, thanks largely to my analysis of the GFS on the 30th January.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

AWD, I think we are long overdue one, so maybe this year will produce it. smile.png

I don't mind delaying the baby plants orders another couple of weeks for a channle low clapping.gifair_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Interesting FAX charts for midweek;

post-12721-0-27585100-1359922191_thumb.jpost-12721-0-48784500-1359922184_thumb.j

Troughs moving south in a north/north westerly airflow, sub 528DAM air. Difficult at this stage to say where will see rain or snow as things like Dewpoints and WBFL will be crucial, especially in any warm sectors mixed into the flow, but the above charts do show PPN about our region.

Well spotted AWD. Timing will also be crucial as to what the embedded troughs deliver as they pass over our house roofs. I alluded to this fact in my post from earlier, which you may not have seen. good.gif

http://forum.netweat...z/#entry2582642

FWIW, those Fax Charts are surely an.........................................................................

post-7183-0-15995500-1359932841_thumb.jp

h010.gif

Posted

And just as they say in the advert. Can he ( the low) upgrade? ..

I must have read your mind, not I am actually confessing to that but take a look at my post above, as I honestly hadn't read yours right then.

I'll make a bold prediction as of now, some folk are about to witness one of the most memorable weeks of winter weather yet. good.gif

Come back next Sunday and see if this post was worthwhile.

I confirm that I have not been drinking either, as under such circumstances I have been known to confess to all manner of unrelated things.

Time for a lie down and ready myself for a week of weather madness. nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Why is everyone getting excited for? I saw weather fir week ahead and yes it'll be cold and windy with some odd light flurries for some probable in the east of the southwest as usual but nothing out of the ordinary...

Sorry I am quite new to this even 'precipitation type' in the GEFS doesn't show any snow fir southwest....just everywhere pretty much but here....if im missing anything let me know because so far this winter for my part in Devonthis winter has been ordinary and a let down for me asi love out of the ordinary weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Here on the coast, I'm not getting excited either. However, the netweather forecast for Tuesday shows two-thirds of our region - "south-west and central southern england" under snowfall. I shall enjoy everybody's excitement vicariously drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Here on the coast, I'm not getting excited either. However, the netweather forecast for Tuesday shows two-thirds of our region - "south-west and central southern england" under snowfall. I shall enjoy everybody's excitement vicariously drinks.gif

Ah I must have missed that, maybe it'll upgraded to include us too?

Posted

Erm, don't get too excited as it seems if anything does get to you it may be 'blink and it's gone'

post-6667-0-83124600-1359963323_thumb.pn

30_34.gif

30_20.gif

The hi-res charts are really having none of it, only GFS showing something transitory

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

dunno about you lot but weekend might get interesting... I will be keeping a eye on developments over the coming days with the slider.

Posted

Wet slush in the rush hour?

uksnowrisk.png

Posted

Morning all.

Met office app still says yes this morning. good.gif

light or heavy snow 3am until 3pm... Bank! should start to see those temperatures drop this afternoon. drinks.gif

Posted

light or heavy snow 3am until 3pm... Bank! should start to see those temperatures drop this afternoon. drinks.gif

They need to drop quite some way as the temps and dewpoints are still way up there. Anything that falls won't stay around for long I think?

Posted

They need to drop quite some way as the temps and dewpoints are still way up there. Anything that falls won't stay around for long I think?

They will fall through the day I expect and more tonight although it could be hit and miss as to who if or when see any laying snow. I would be happy even if it was a morning of temporary brief coverings which thaw between showers which I have a feeling is quite possible above around 100m at least if we get heavy or prolonged showers?

Posted

They will fall through the day I expect and more tonight although it could be hit and miss as to who if or when see any laying snow. I would be happy even if it was a morning of temporary brief coverings which thaw between showers which I have a feeling is quite possible above around 100m at least if we get heavy or prolonged showers?

Well fingers crossed you for you guys, I think you have a slightly better chance than us further to the East, but I don't think it's going to be a memorable event if it does lay for a short while :good:

Posted

Just to halt any confusion, which I suspect was partly caused by my posting last evening, I am expecting a very active week in terms of the weather.good.gif

Of course, I cannot place said action over each and everyone's heads in here but I advise folk to follow some of my previous postings and those which showed Fax Charts, NMM output and the like.

This week will be memorable for very windy weather, sharp Temperature falls, Hail, Thunder, Rain, Sleet and Snow. I am confident that some of the Snow will lie/lay/pitch on occasions. air_kiss.gif

What else could anyone possibly want in one week of weather. acute.gif

Posted

Just for your information here is an updated meto app for tuesday...

No rain at all in that clapping.gif

post-8911-0-64318400-1359971344_thumb.pn

Posted

Just to halt any confusion, which I suspect was partly caused by my posting last evening, I am expecting a very active week in terms of the weather.good.gif

Of course, I cannot place said action over each and everyone's heads in here but I advise folk to follow some of my previous postings and those which showed Fax Charts, NMM output and the like.

This week will be memorable for very windy weather, sharp Temperature falls, Hail, Thunder, Rain, Sleet and Snow. I am confident that some of the Snow will lie/lay/pitch on occasions. air_kiss.gif

What else could anyone possibly want in one week of weather. acute.gif

EDIT: By the way, I am confident that next weekend will throw some sort of event at us as well, so all in all, everything but the kitchen sink is likely.

Posted

Currently the snow line is South of Edinburgh and there is sleetiness showing up in the showers in the North of England. As I stated before, we don't particularly want these disturbances in the flow turning up too early, so the proper radar watching needs to take place well after dark. Everyone's Temperatures however will start nosediving from Mid Afternoon onwards if not before.

Currently 8.4c AT, 4.4c DP, 5 min avg windspeed of 5mph NNW, 1014.1mb rapidly rising Barometer, in Newbury, Berkshire.

Posted

06z GFS still has something for a brief time tomorrow morning - it has been consistent with this for a few runs now:

24_34.gif

30_34.gif

24_20.gif

30_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Morning!

Currently 9.3°C with sunny spells here.

I've got my weather data now running updates every one minute through 'Hicharts' http://www.wareham-w...timeCumulus.htm

Certainly going to be a mixed bag this week, i always find these scenarios fun. smile.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I don't really know what to think about our area , the NAE isn't really showing much other than rain/sleet for most of our area , Gives most of the Snow to Wales.. It look's Cold enough on the chart's and we should see a rapid drop in temps as we enter early afternoon ... It will be Now Casting for sure ... The main Snow risk on the NAE is the North Devon Coast around lunchtime tomorrow. With temps currently around 9c I would imagine due points will take a while to drop , so I would expect it will be at least the early hours of the morning before we see anything wintry here . Even Met Office forecast is saying rain , sleet and hill snow .. Sorry I can't be more positive ... let's hope we get upgrades later.

Posted

The met office have a ice warning from wintry showers of sleet and snow but somerset and bristol is in some strange hole! lazy.gif

Now casting I think but lets hope we get a last min upgrade. good.gif

Posted

I am confident that some of the Snow will lie/lay/pitch on occasions. air_kiss.gif

It might even settle!

tongue.png