Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter Model Discussion 18Z 3/2/13 onwards.

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1201.gif

As I said earlier, the key feature is the Baltic LP. ECM has this less intense and further south than GFS. This enables a more significant block to build over Scandinavia. The impact of this on the rest of the run I don't know.

It's not for me to say but I would have thought such a system would be better modelled by the European than by the American models.

Posted

You find me a chart from the ecm where it has CONSISTENTLY toned down the potential & i will say i am wrong.

Each run will show a diffrence however the fact is the ecm thus far has been solid with a cold e~ne pattern to happen in the coming days.

So are you telling me that the 'boom' posts on Saturday for day 7 ECM are showing the same for today for the same day.

Of course it's been toned down!

Of course the ECM has kept the cold pattern, that I am not arguing I'm just simply stating a fact that its been watered down!

Edited by Dexter29

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

You find me a chart from the ecm where it has CONSISTENTLY toned down the potential & i will say i am wrong.

Each run will show a diffrence however the fact is the ecm thus far has been solid with a cold e~ne pattern to happen in the coming days.

If you are talking about conditions IYBY then likely they would appear the same. If you are talking about the overall blocking pattern and longer term prospects then things have certainly changed. It would just end up an argument of semantics eventually but for me it is clear the ECM charts of the 2nd showed a much more secure cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Heavy snow for many!!............BOOM (lol)

ECM1-144.GIF?04-0

Edited by chris55

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Here's the ECM at T144; slightly further East, but still good.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=144&mode=1&map=0&archive=0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Well the slider is still sliding nicely ECM1-144.GIF?04-0

People need to re-asses their expectations.

Posted

Goldilocks runs from the models today, to far east - GFS (to hot) to far west - GEM (to cold, but know snow) ECM - just right!

Wetter version,

Recm1441.gif

Edited by chris55

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

As for FI, we are talking about the period that makes or breaks the cold spell which is now 120 and was 168, hardly FI. Here are comparison charts but you are free to disagree,. I won't post on this again because it doesn't really matter and I am sure we both want the same end result.

ECH1-168.GIF?00ECH1-120.GIF?04-0

Edited by shuggee

Posted

Am certainly glad the ECM is sticking to its guns, not a done deal though, however, that and the thoughts about early Feb on the video link have made me more optimistic.

Posted

Although this slider looks a dead cert now we are not going to nail down it's exact track for a few days yet, and it will make all the difference regarding a snow event on Sunday, which is where my interest is firmly placed at the moment.

Posted

Well ECM sticking to it's guns in the semi-reliable, a shadow easterly at day 7. Atlantic back at T192 ?

Great with the slider but still too flat behind? Could be. We need that second ridge and then it is boom time.

Edited by Mucka

Posted

Decent uppers on the ECM 168 as well, after the snow comes the deeper cold, perfect.

ECM0-168.GIF?04-0

Posted

It would be good to see but i'll wait for the Meto to jump aboard the snowtrain before raising my expectations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

ECM1-168.GIF?04-0]

Real strong heights NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

So, the idea of the theme of consistency of the non consensus solution remains alive and well with the ECM tonightsmile.png

Posted

now in the 'purely entertainment value' section of the run, note the little shortwave dropped into ne finland, lets see if the flow can advect it our way or if it will just stick there and prevent the russian ridge extending further west on this run.