Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales (Cymru) Regional Discussion 7th Februaury 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

5c here, snow risk minimal for here and most of South Wales atm

Posted

no rain or snow so what happened? I thought rain or snow was supposed to be pulled back over wales to give either. looks very much like it has been dry all night. saying that it must be very very difficult to work out the exact track of rain/snow when it is rolling around like yest. I think the temps were to high for snow in this area anyway.i found yest quite interesting watching the radar. the way it swirls around and stays in one area for ages and not far away nothing at all. also after taking more interest this year in the weather there is no way would I want to be a forecaster trying to predict what is going to happen as it is ever so difficult as things change right upto the last min.

Posted

just saw countryfile from yest and they said about sw winds this week and mildish, just looked on model thread and looks like that's going to be correct. some charts way out in f1 looks like it could turn cold again but that is in la la land and cant take any notice of that. even though I think the real cold part of winter could be past as for snow hanging around thing could change as they have many times this winter.

Posted

This'll make you laugh un all - just turned up in my in box about 30 mins ago

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen & Wrexham valid from 0600 Sun 10 Feb to 0900 Mon 11 Feb

so it just didn't happen this time - snow is a hard one! - but freezing temps sort of ain't - i suppose i'd rather be warned than not

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Bar the odd wet snow event we'll have in March it's all over lads.

See you in November!!

Posted

Bar the odd wet snow event we'll have in March it's all over lads.

See you in November!!

I think i tend to agree,spring is knocking on the door and it will soon be time to get the mower out !!

Posted

Patchy dusting of snow here this morning, less than 50% cover. Looks like most precip stayed well East - snowing in London right now according to radar, surprised it's not the top news headline rofl.gif

Temp here is 0.7c up from a min of 0.4c about an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

A centimetre or so of snow this morning - more like frozen snizzle. Crikey, is it me or is METO going OTT with level 3 cold warning for East of England - temps will be near to freezing or just above, not the blinkin' antarctic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

This weather is so dull, drizzle again this morning

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A few blobs of sleet earlier. 3c DP 2c

S Wales could be hit by some rain, sleet or snow as this PPN is intensifying and moving west quite quickly. Keep an eye out! blum.gif

'Hit' is a little extreme I feel!

In any case it will soon veer off to the SW around the low.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Its heading wnw- ian Ferguson has just said.

I bow to his higher knowledge in that case...

Posted

I bow to his higher knowledge in that case...

from what im looking at it does seem to be going south of wales and if it does not change direction quick it will miss wales all together.

Posted

Bring on April, snow one week, 70f the next!

Posted

Looks like im right winter over mild weather coming in bring on spring now

foggy there seems to be quite a lot in the model thread who are saying the same, after today it looks like temps going to rise and by next week the charts are showing temps of plus 13 for us in the south, so this week and next week turning mild that be the 21st feb then so spring could very well be on its way. unless the outlook changes again ha ha, and it could well do by this afternoon if the models do they norm turn around. im the same could do with some sunshine now, with no rain until next oct.( no chance of that)

Posted

How/why on earth are so many people saying goodbye to winter in early February?

We may or may not see any more snow between now and next winter, but it's a little presumptuous to declare that winter is over on February 11th. Cold, snowy weather does happen in late February, March and even April. May I remind you all of April 1998, April 1999, March 2001, February 2003, March 2004 and March 2006. I even saw a few flakes of snow in April 2012!

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

Just a few days ago people were saying March was going to be very cold and snowy, but now winter is "over"? It's laughable how unreliable the longer range forecasts are! Don't bother getting caught up in them as they've rarely or never been right this winter..

Posted

How/why on earth are so many people saying goodbye to winter in early February?

We may or may not see any more snow between now and next winter, but it's a little presumptuous to declare that winter is over on February 11th. Cold, snowy weather does happen in late February, March and even April. May I remind you all of April 1998, April 1999, March 2001, February 2003, March 2004 and March 2006. I even saw a few flakes of snow in April 2012!

some people don't like winter half as much as summer so they want it to end quickly, and others like snow but to be honest I don't mind snow but not snow that comes and then melts in 1 hr making a slushy mess so as the temps are predicted to rise over the next 10 days it may to some make sence to prepare for spring. we all know snow can come in april but I think you will find that what people are talking about is deep cold with snow that hangs around. and if we are to believe the charts etc they do now show mild temps coming in. last summer to me wasn't summer it was like oct and nov with wind and rain. even though it was summer it didn't seem like it at all. so lots of people said what summer.