Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 09/02/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

First hints from UKMO of a change in wind direction by Friday switching round to a south westerly yes it would still be chilly but give it a few days and it would soon turn milder once the colder air gets shifted away

UW144-21.GIF?09-17

Posted

#MowbrayOut is doing the rounds from some very angry boro fans tonight patience is running out from fans now

Mogga's interview summed things up tonight "it is what it is"

A very very honest interview to Woodgate "Players aren't willing to get stuck in" He made Made no excuses for the defeat

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Damp and cold out there tonight currently 2.8c and steady whether we get much snow during the 36 hours remains to be seen its just a case of what precipitation comes off the north sea for this region

Posted

#MowbrayOut is doing the rounds from some very angry boro fans tonight patience is running out from fans now

Mogga's interview summed things up tonight "it is what it is"

A very very honest interview to Woodgate "Players aren't willing to get stuck in" He made Made no excuses for the defeat

Gavin, why are you and the other Middlesbrough fans posting about football in here? I quite frankly could not care less about Middlesbrough, if I did I would visit the Boro forum, so please vent them in there instead of here. Yes this thread is not the busiest of the regional threads but its off topic posts nonetheless.

Looking at the forecasts, the suggestion does appear that Lincolnshire will be more harder hit than say up here(I'm assuming that where the trough is hitting) but as others have said, its normally down to watching the radar so BBC graphics, GFS/NAE PPN charts go out of the window really.

I'll also be curious too see how low the temps will be tomorrow, the air is pretty darn cold and the North Sea is now at its coldest point now so if there is a good amount of showers then I will imagine the temp will really struggle to rise above freezing and I imagine dew points will be pretty low as it an easterly so it won't surprise me if we do see any snowfall settling at lower levels even during day light hours if there is showers around which looks pretty likely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

If those charts that Gavin posted came off, there's a good chance that we'd find ourselves with mostly cloudy conditions with the odd brighter interval and the odd bit of drizzle, while hearing reports of people sunbathing in clear blue skies and temperatures of 19C in the south-east.. If the high was further to the north-east it would be a different story though. Not that it's particularly likely to come off- most model projections are suggesting changeable with temperatures slowly returning to normal.

Regarding convection I expect a fair number of snow showers about tomorrow, though not particularly heavy, and then probably drying up around Monday lunchtime/early afternoon as the cap on convection becomes more extensive and lower down. We may get a feed of snow showers returning early on Tuesday when the wind backs north to north-easterly.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

NMM is cold. At least the coldest upper air temps I've ever seen for our region since I became truly interested in meteorology 3 years ago, and potentially the coldest since 2005, if not further back...

Sub -6c 850s from 11pm tonight for all of our region.

Sub -8c 850s from 3am tomorrow.

Sub -10c 850s from 7am tomorrow.

Sub -12c 850s from 11am tomorrow.

Sub -14c 850s from 1am Monday.

-15c's then closing in, the run ends at 12pm Monday with -14c 850s across the region.

Posted

watching the weather station temp graph with interest,as soon as it starts to drop away i'm on it lol. steady at 1.5c with a 1.2c dp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

No sign of the colder air arriving yet. Its been 2.5C here since I woke up this morning. GFS shows the colder air coming in after 9pm. This is when I expect shower activity to commence......

Posted

Much colder upper air and sub-zero dewpoint's spreading in from the East around midnight.

After that it just gets colder...

Posted

Tomorrow evening and into early Monday could be our best shot at some heavier snow during day light hours a mix of sunshine and snow showers seems likely especially in the afternoon

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Hi folks. I hope all is good ooop north! What are your current temps and dps? Are temps starting to drop off yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Hi folks. I hope all is good ooop north! What are your current temps and dps? Are temps starting to drop off yet?

Not yet.....

Posted

Temperature is 1.1c with a dewpoint of 0.3 here,so heading in the right direction.

Posted

Nothing yet, dry and cold with the wind increasing

Air temp 3.0°C

Dew point 2.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

temp 2.5 dp 0.6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Nothing yet, dry and cold with the wind increasing

Air temp 3.0°C

Dew point 2.1°C

were you getting that info from gavin the dp seems a little high

Posted

yip dropping now 1.0c DP 0.6.trend -0.6c/hr

Edited by peterf

Posted

were you getting that info from gavin the dp seems a little high

I checked it against the Newton Aycliffe one and thats around the same as well

Newton Aycliffe

Air Temp 3.1°C

Dew Point: 2.1 °C

Pierremont, Darlington

Air temp now 2.9°C

Dew point now 1.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Cheers guys. Seems that the temps are dropping off nicely.

To compare, I still have a temp of 6.9ºC and dewpoint of 5.6ºC.

Posted

Posted

Gavin - don't you think the time has come to buy your own weather station?

Posted

kind of defeats the object Gav don't you think?

even a thermometer and a barometer out the poundshop would be a start for ya own location.

all temps and DP holding steady here.

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F