Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Hi John. Thankyou for all your input on here. I don't normally post that often but have felt I need to tonight. You're work on this forum is an inspiration to me and I think to many others that do not post that often. Thank you John and chin up mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

hi chris

thanks

its true its better to keep busy at present

and the support on here at present has brought a few tears to my eyes

in a nice way as it shows there is still a decent amount of people around still

next few days will be very tough but i know it will get easier

just so you know my father passed away with a big heart attack and i was

with him at the time

i tried cpr and the paramedics did as well

when he got to hospital in resasitation they could only get a weak

heart beat so me and my other half sat there with him while he died

my father was my dad and my best friend and i will miss him so much

sorry for cluttering the thread but thought it would be nice for everyone to know

the funeral will be sometime next week and hopefully things will get easier with time

john x

hi.gif

Hi John, I was sorry to learn about your loss and want to express my deepest sympathies to you and your family, may god bless you and comfort you in your hour of grief.

Best wishes mate.

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

from the 22nd

gfs main run goes to a warm outlier rofl.gif

20th-23rd looking cold

these look dry but ignore that

time to try to sleep now

again thankyou all your great people

goodnight all lazy.gif

Posted

hi chris

thanks

with him at the time

sorry for cluttering the thread but thought it would be nice for everyone to know

the funeral will be sometime next week and hopefully things will get easier with time

john x

My prayers are with you and your family right now.

With my sincere regards, Yamkin

Guest bjaykent

Prospects for Thames streamers later in the week?

I think you will certainly be adding to the stats at the bottom of your page (Hmm looks like it needs updating before next week!) and I have a feeling looking in deep into FI we might experience the very rare (certainly for me), snow in four consecutive months!smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

I think you will certainly be adding to the stats at the bottom of your page (Hmm looks like it needs updating before next week!) and I have a feeling looking in deep into FI we might experience the very rare (certainly for me), snow in four consecutive months!smile.png

Very good point. Here in mid Essex, I had 5cm's of snow in December, 7cm in January and 9cm last week. So clearly the trend means my next fall will be 11cms! (or maybe double or quits at 22cm)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

a certain possable,occur.However the ever craved T,S, is a nowcast situ due to its very nature.theres certainly lots on the table,and if you have a sweet tooth,your sugar rush im sure will be fullfilled...

a certain possable,occur.However the ever craved T,S, is a nowcast situ due to its very nature.theres certainly lots on the table,and if you have a sweet tooth,your sugar rush im sure will be fullfilled...

possible...

Posted

hi chris

thanks

with him at the time

john x

I know how hard it is to talk about it but you have made a good start with your post,I am glad that you was with him it must of made it a little easier not that you will have noticed but later looking back it might.The funeral being quite quick will be a little blessing as it is only after that that things start getting a little easier. Look after yourself. Chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well what is on the table now, Regarding an Easterly is probably the Winters last true kiss for us in the this thread. By the looks of the Models there will be no 1 week wonder and then back to Mild. As for snow events well a Murr Streamer could well just turn up. Time for fun.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

I would just like to say what a lovely bunch you guys are on here .My mum is still very very poorly .I would just like also to express my deepest sympathy to you John & i hope you find some comfort in the days ahead from all the messages on here. Im on here because im trying to keep my mind occupied otherwise i might go mad . In bad times its so lovely to know that people care .It just makes you realise ,you have to make every day count . Life can be so tough ! On a happier note its nice to hear that a little baby is on the way soon for our other friend on here ! God bless each & everyone of you .Your all lovely .sorry to be ot xx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just catching up with this thread. Firstly, if you're still about John, really brave of you to come on-line and I know you must feel desolate right now but you have a lot of friends on here and its early yet ,I know but things will improve.

Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful memories of your father, so hold those close to you.

Lost my mother 8 and a half years ago but like you with your dad, have some wonderful memories of her.

Locals where she lived still talk of the "Italian lady" that would shop in Waitrose 3 times a day, mostly for her cats!

Take care and stay strong John, I'll be thinking of you in downtown Croydon tomorrow.

Very best wishes,

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Lollypop,

Very best wishes to you and your family and hope mum makes a speedy recovery.

Tom.

Posted

I would just like to say what a lovely bunch you guys are on here .My mum is still very very poorly .I would just like also to express my deepest sympathy to you John & i hope you find some comfort in the days ahead from all the messages on here. Im on here because im trying to keep my mind occupied otherwise i might go mad . In bad times its so lovely to know that people care .It just makes you realise ,you have to make every day count . Life can be so tough ! On a happier note its nice to hear that a little baby is on the way soon for our other friend on here ! God bless each & everyone of you .Your all lovely .sorry to be ot xx

Thinking of you Xxxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

Lollypop,

Very best wishes to you and your family and hope mum makes a speedy recovery.

Tom.

Thank you Tom .Im sure i can speak for John as well ,but this potentially snowy spell is helping to keep my mind occupied at this moment in time !It looks like winter is going to go out with a bang & then it will surely be roll on spring ? but ,the way we are going this winter ........snowy easter bunny anyone ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

Just got in after a looooooooong night, and i am proud to announce my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, we have named him Noah, 8lb on the nose, she had a tough time as baby decided to wrap the cord around himself a couple of times, so forceps were needed, then she had to have a bit of minor surgery, but everyone is ok now, and i got to spend 1 1/2 hours with my newborn just me and him :)

time to catch some ZZZzzzzzzz's now, hope everyone has a great weekend, and that those in mourning and sorrow, find some peace and comfort, hopefully my good news will help them to feel a bit better :)

Posted

John, unfortunately I have never meet you, but about 15 years ago my father died and two weeks later my big brother also died, I stared into the darkness, but the love of my kids and wife pulled me through, these 2 events changed my whole outlook on life, I now fully embrace it and enjoy every moment. I now can remember the good time, it take time but you'll get there.

Lollipop good luck, hope everything goes well and your mother makes a full recovery.

Leemondo, congratulations enjoy the moment, and enjoy the rest of your new family life together. Cherish all the little steps as your little boy progresses, try not to miss his first steps etc, unfortunately I did with my 3 as sport and especially work ruled my life until those fateful few weeks 15 years ago, you know what missing those magic moment are something money cannot get back.

Bring on the snow :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
Guest archiesmummy

Congratulations and hello to little Noah!

Hope your mum gets better soon lollipop such a worrying time for you and John I have pm you but you know we are all here for you.

So many ups and downs through life and its all about finding the strength to deal with whatever we have thrown at us.

Have a good weekend everyone x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

CONGRATULATIONS Leemondo on the safe arrival of your new baby Noah. You may have to remind him, when he's older, that he experienced his first snowfall within a week a being born (hopefully).

All the best to your wife too, who sounds like she was put through a tough time. I do sympathise, a forceps delivery isn't pleasant.

So, new babies and potential for cold and snow on the horizon, I think that calls for a weekend tipple. Cheers to you all, have a good one x

Posted

Morning all.

Well all of life played out in this thread and it's nice to know that there is camaraderie and support no matter what the circumstances. I know we have a common bond in our love of weather, but I think that there are times like this when you can see what a great bunch of people we have on Netweather and I'm very proud to be associated with you.

I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of sun this morning, come on, I'm up and about so you should be too!!!

post-6667-0-57210400-1361003471.gif

Posted

Just got in after a looooooooong night, and i am proud to announce my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, we have named him Noah, 8lb on the nose, she had a tough time as baby decided to wrap the cord around himself a couple of times, so forceps were needed, then she had to have a bit of minor surgery, but everyone is ok now, and i got to spend 1 1/2 hours with my newborn just me and him :)

time to catch some ZZZzzzzzzz's now, hope everyone has a great weekend, and that those in mourning and sorrow, find some peace and comfort, hopefully my good news will help them to feel a bit better :)

All of life is on this forum. Rothar mor an t-saol as we say in Ireland (the great circle of life). Many congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your baby Noah. Beautiful name! Wishing you every health & happiness xx

Posted

If things turn out like some of the current model output for the end of next week we could potentially see a snow event covering quite a long period. It looks to be a bit more to the East on this mornings GFS, but that will chop and change. The main thing is that this has been showing for quite a few runs and across a few different models.

150_20.gif

Data only out to Saturday midnight currently, but its still going strong in the SE:

192_20.gif

Edited by Coast