Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 11/03/13 13z---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I'm dreaming of a white Easter..... Place your bets! It could happen at this rate!

I've been saying that for weeks. Admittedly my hunch is based on nowt scientific or meteorological; my Mum's birthday was 28th March, more often than not, when that happened to be Easter she got snow on her birthday, if it wasn't Easter, she didn't get snow. I'm reckoning on no real Spring weather until the end of the first week of April - hope I'm wrong.

I must be one of the few then that works outside but loves crisp cold days although would be nicer to see some snow. I love warm and sunny too but if thats not on offer id rather cold and snowy thanks. good.gif

No such thing as bad weather just badly dressed people blum.gifblum.gif

I can wrap up warm and water proof but it doesn't help the soil dry out or warm up tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

I must be one of the few then that works outside but loves crisp cold days although would be nicer to see some snow. I love warm and sunny too but if thats not on offer id rather cold and snowy thanks. good.gif

No such thing as bad weather just badly dressed people blum.gifblum.gif

Nothing lovely stood on top of Farmborough church removing one of the pinnacles on Monday morning at 8am!! Coldest day of my life!

Edited by Aceman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Plenty of sun on Thursday...

Twitter Updates: www.twitter.com/kernowweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Good morning all. A ground frost here this morning and cooler than yesterday but clear blue skies.

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Oooooo! Beautiful sunshine with a hard frost at -7c here in Henley this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Yes, that was a hard frost! -4.6 here in Wells. Beautiful day though, didn't count on having to defrost the car!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Beautiful blue sky and hard frost. Just gorgeous :) Thats is the weather and me :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Lovely hard frost this morning -6.2c and keeping my ground temperature nice and low ready for snowmagedon rofl.gifgood.gif

Yes monday was a little harsh outside I did suffer that one even with my 7 layers on including my ski base layers tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Hello all!

I'm visiting from the SE thread. We're heading down to Devon, near Seaton at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone had a long range forecast of what we can expect?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snow lying on Roughtor and Camelford this morning.....it wasn't forecast as far as I'm aware?! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Ahhhh glorious sunshine. We got down to -6.5c last night but it did look very pretty this morning. Now up to 4.7c. We had a cracking hail shower late yesterday afternoon that turned everything white. There was still lots of lying hail on the ground this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Beautiful warm sunshine in Cornwall this morning. Temp may only be 6c but the sun has good strength now and with little wind it feels very pleasant, explified by the fact the UV index is now 3 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Lovely day here in Plymouth. As its a bit quieter what is everyone's view on the regional forum, its a great resource for now-cast situations, keeping in contact and advising people in time of dangerous weather. However could the region be split as the area is large and diverse. May be the split can be from Dorset westwards up to somerset. Sure the good folk of wiltshire Gloucestershire Hampshire and the like would like a more local space....or may be everyone likes to know what is going on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Lovely day here in Plymouth. As its a bit quieter what is everyone's view on the regional forum, its a great resource for now-cast situations, keeping in contact and advising people in time of dangerous weather. However could the region be split as the area is large and diverse. May be the split can be from Dorset westwards up to somerset. Sure the good folk of wiltshire Gloucestershire Hampshire and the like would like a more local space....or may be everyone likes to know what is going on.

I think there is an argument for splitting the forum as the far southwest can sometimes have its own microclimate. On the other hand we have some great expertise in those locations which comes in handy when we want to know what is coming and when.

So in short, I don't have an answer for that!! Perhaps the most useless post I have ever written!!

Posted

This morning's -5.2c in Warminster was the lowest temperature since February 2012.

Superb day and warm enough in the lounge to have shorts on, I was out working in Winsley (between Bradford On Avon and Bath) this morning

and to feel the change in temperature between 08.00-10.00 was interesting and enjoyable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I think there is an argument for splitting the forum as the far southwest can sometimes have its own microclimate. On the other hand we have some great expertise in those locations which comes in handy when we want to know what is coming and when.

So in short, I don't have an answer for that!! Perhaps the most useless post I have ever written!!

Some say the sum is greater than the parts I guess! Almost brought a house in Dousland last week it fell through so my quest for living on a snowy hill continues!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

I'm all for a split.........as long as Fergie continues to post! Wouldnt want to lose his v informative posts.

Posted

However could the region be split as the area is large and diverse. .

We have tried it with the SE/EA thread on occasions when there is a lot of a particular type of weather imminent (snow mainly) in one part of the region more than the other. But the general consensus now is that the members know and rely on each others knowledge, expertise, observations and camaraderie to keep conversation and information flowing.

Additionally we have a great team of regional hosts looking after things, but it's not an infinite resource and adding more areas does dilute the effectiveness and smooth running of things a little bit. I guess it can always be looked at should the need (or overwhelming response) be to split the region, but we don't currently have a multitude of requests and we should be heading into a slightly quieter season soon if the cold and snow have done their worst - but then again, watch this space!!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No, the regional thread won't be split at this juncture......It's possible during deep winter cold & snowy spells (if we ever get one!) that the regional threads could be split into smaller geographical areas, but it would depend on 1) members wanting it, & 2) whether there would be enough post traffic to warrant it.......There was a seperate Central Southern thread a few winters ago, but to be fair, it was very quiet.....apart from the tumbleweed blowing around!