Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 13th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just edited my previous post to you. You will like the comments good.gif

Nice.

Lots of dripping going on and big clumps falling off cars, so hoping for a top-up to last us through to nightfall.

Currently in a drizzle pulse, temp holding at 2.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Southampton, Isle of Wight & Portsmouth

Further heavy showery rain may cause some further localised surface water flooding through the middle part of Sunday into the evening period. The public should be aware of possible hazards while traveling.

Issued at:

1100 on Sun 17 Mar 2013

Valid from:

1300 on Sun 17 Mar 2013

Valid to:

1900 on Sun 17 Mar 2013

There has been a fair amount of rain and sleet, with some issues already reported. Showers should ease later today.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=07A38F13-910E-3571-5C13-77FBC9F843A9_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=136

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I would think that elevation is also playing a part in the reports of snow as here in Kempston we have had just showers of very heavy rain through the morning.

I notice from the web cam in Oxford that they have deployed workmen with snow shovels to clear the pathsbiggrin.png

More heavy wet snow here. It has settled everywhere but its now slush, bet those council people are on double time as well !!

I can see BBC oxford this evening with 'slush' in the back ground as they interview a council spokesmen and the comment 'council coping this time'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Massive flakes again! It's like a foam party falling from the sky! wowwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

2.7c is still cold enough for snow. Even 6c is still cold enough for snow too. It depends on the upper cold feed which can be as cold as 0c for snow to fall. The intensity of the ppn is in play here contributing to the cooling effect.

PS......According to the radar, you will have a brief clear period for approx 15-30 mins and then pulses of heavy ppn will batter Oxford with snow. Expect big snowflakes biggrin.png

Any for us up high in Wycombe

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Despite the relatively high temperatures it doesn't seem to have stopped it snowing. Minimum temp was 1.8C this morning.

(Location - 2/3 miles south of Oxford)

In the UK snow can fall with a temp as high as 4-5C, though that's if the dew point is well below freezing. Theoretically snow could fall at temps even higher than this - though the dew point would have to be ridiculously low, say below -20C (very dry air) - which only tends to occur in continental interiors rather than the UK.

Posted

Any for us up high in Wycombe

ppn is coming your way. Intensity of ppn will also add to the cooling effect. Enjoy your wintry ppn biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Im never quite sure what thread i fit into being directly in CS England, as the MO keep my region under the 'South East' - so i post in both SW and SE thread.. hope you dont mind acute.gif

Anyhow, PPN just reached my region, temp has dropped 0.6 degrees in last ten minutes currently at 6.4, DP 3.5 and apparant temp at 4.5. Not expecting anything wintry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Temps dropping about 2C with these showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Bit of the `ol electrical activity going down just over the channel,will we get a bit of it in Kent later?

post-17057-0-94277800-1363529908_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Hi Guys

Has anyone got a link to a good (Free) snow/rain radar ?

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ - For rain radar - you can pay to get precipitation type aswell

Or even better use the netweather radar, £3.49 (i think) for a month of precipitation type or free for just preciptation location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Gone from 7.2C to 5.4C just now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

post-13201-0-62438100-1363532909_thumb.p

Mainly dull and rainy but have seen a couple of beautiful double rainbows. This was taken from my back door on my phone camera, so quality isn't great but hope you can see the double rainbow.

Posted

Hi, this one covers snow and rain and is free!

http://www.meteorada...rain-snow-sleet

thanks for that looks like there some interesting stuff heading our way soon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ - For rain radar - you can pay to get precipitation type aswell

Or even better use the netweather radar, £3.49 (i think) for a month of precipitation type or free for just preciptation location.

I pay for the raintoday to see rain/sleet/snow , didnt even know netweather had one. Big let down today as it showed rain in my area when we had heavy lying snow. Looking out of the window still the best.

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php

gotta go out so will not post the ecm coming soon

link above if you want to post any

look at ukmo

at 120

UW120-21.GIF?17-17

has everything further south

and at 144

UW144-21.GIF?17-17

got a feeling a warm up is on ho;d

if the uppers are there that would be heavy .... rofl.gif

channel low

reckon ecm will be fun

back later with the fax charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

awful weather, showers! dry.png

Its not the best is it? However, (assuming you don't mind some more snow) this might cheer you upohmy.pngwink.png

UN144-21.GIF?17-17

Amazing chart for the second half of March

Edited by Tamara Road

Guest bjaykent

Its not the best is it? However, (assuming you don't mind some more snow) this might cheer you upohmy.pngwink.png

UN144-21.GIF?17-17

Amazing chart for the second half of March

Pretty boring really (not) yet another channel low LOL, certainly a shift south, what will ECM come up with?

Posted

looks like their some nasty looking showers coming from France for Suffolk later

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi SL

It's awful isn't it? But a phobia is an irrational fear. People tell me not to be so silly, but it can't be helped.

Yep I close all of my blinds during the day, and have to put the light on at night. It's not nice blush.png

I'm the same as you and SL and Tom. I used to like storms actually till about four/five years ago. But having had two very unpleasant and scary experiences with them in fairly quick succession, I now hate themsad.pngdoh.gif . During the day isn't so bad because I escape to the shopsblum.gif , or I may have work to do anyway which means other people are around and I am distracted. But the only antidotes I have at night time are earplugs...and plenty of wine!laugh.pngwink.png That is the worst time when it is dark and there is no escape from themsmile.png

uff - actually on this subject there have been a rash of sferics on the French coast and it seems (so far) that the only thing stopping them is the channel...

http://www.meteox.co...&soort=satradar

Edited by Tamara Road