Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I'm on route to Sheffield in very happy to see some snow it's very light but nice to see ha ha

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I read a Daily mirror and it says this March is the coldest March for 50 years since 1962. And It says it will stay cold until easter.

<<< OMG 666!! post. ohmy.png

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Its now my 667 post now. PHEW!! blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I read a Daily mirror and it says this March is the coldest March for 50 years since 1962. And It says it will stay cold until easter.

<<< OMG 666!! post.

Lol the snow Beast! :lol:

Posted

lots of upgrades even for sunny st Helens, but something is telling me to wait until this time tomorrow as it will all change to rain and wind, unless you are on a mountain. :)

Posted

I said last week I expected fun and games this week, but even I didn't expect things to be quite so cold and snowy. Some very low minima's and maximum daytime temps coupled with heavy falls of snow. What a month this is turning out to be, the Maunder Minimum is upon us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I am sure we will have epic snow fall and distruption as I am driving from Bacup to Somerset on Saturday morning first thing and will probably spend the entire weekend stuck on the motorway!!

Do worry Sf I'll look after your snow for you while your away.

Posted

Do worry Sf I'll look after your snow for you while your away.

Sods law isn't it, I planned this trip about 8 months ago! I will be here on Friday so may get to see it at least.

Please just make sure it's still here when I get back on Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Sods law isn't it, I planned this trip about 8 months ago! I will be here on Friday so may get to see it at least.

Please just make sure it's still here when I get back on Monday.

Unless there's a major backtrack in the models I'm sure it will be still on the ground unlike January when I went to London for the weekend and missed the largest fall of snow of the winter - up to now anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Away from the Liverpool area. Yes how many times have I heard that, and how many times has it unfortunately proved true. Some's up this march really. I won't therefor expect anything but rain from this event here, although i'll look at the uppers and post again. Is there really snow lying anywhere in the NW right now? And if yes then what is it's furthest western extent because it is hard to believe this county having such a different Microclimate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Is anyone else having problems with their tv (virgin) I have London news instead of look north? really wanted to watch the weather.search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well just looked at the uppers, and all I can say is it is a definite NO go for snow. The uppers are just not cold enough, I mean they're not even below -5 for god sake! Unless somehow the uppers, like the DAM lines, don't matter in this set-up then I don't see where all this snow is coming from apart from on the Pennines. Just my opinion.

Posted

UKMO 12z is fantastic for N England.

Is anyone else having problems with their tv (virgin) I have London news instead of look north? really wanted to watch the weather.search.gif

Strange really, my tv guide app says "London news" too...

Posted

Sorry I don't but it is probably deliberate to lull you into thinking that we are gonna get rain like London then when your not looking those Darn Sarf will be ordering their usual southerly correction and nicking all our snow.

Posted

Sorry I don't but it is probably deliberate to lull you into thinking that we are gonna get rain like London then when your not looking those Darn Sarf will be ordering their usual southerly correction and nicking all our snow.

rofl.gif so what are the chances for snow in Stockport?? Will I miss out like last time?

UKMO 12z is fantastic for N England.

Strange really, my tv guide app says "London news" too...

Phew not just me then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

ECM is an absolute ripper right the way through.

RE - lying snow - There was the tiniest little bit left on saddleworth moor when i last looked, since the first cold snap started in jan, there has been lying snow right on the highest peaks most of the time, i have had over 30 days of some form of lying snow this winter at 600ft.

Posted

rofl.gif so what are the chances for snow in Stockport?? Will I miss out like last time?

Phew not just me then

As it stands now you'll probably get a decent fall, possibly your heaviest of the winter but there's still at least 24 hours to go and to be honest,looking at the near perfect Synoptics earlier, there is only one way that this can go and that is downgrade.

As far as missing Di Oxberry's forecast - edges her bets was the easiest way to describe it. Some snow but to know how much and who gets it you need to watch tomorrow.

Posted

As it stands now you'll probably get a decent fall, possibly your heaviest of the winter but there's still at least 24 hours to go and to be honest,looking at the near perfect Synoptics earlier, there is only one way that this can go and that is downgrade.

As far as missing Di Oxberry's forecast - edges her bets was the easiest way to describe it. Some snow but to know how much and who gets it you need to watch tomorrow.

thank you so wait and see-again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Oh go on then..IF all goes to plan i would take a guess that the highest ground in the region could get up to 30cm from

this event,sweet spot on lower ground i would estimate around 15-20cm,of course it could all go belly up and we just see

a rain fest,all in all though on current outputs everything is going to plan for our region for once.

There i have just put the kiss of death on this event

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Oh go on then..IF all goes to plan i would take a guess that the highest ground in the region could get up to 30cm from

this event,sweet spot on lower ground i would estimate around 15-20cm,of course it could all go belly up and we just see

a rain fest,all in all though on current outputs everything is going to plan for our region for once.

There i have just put the kiss of death on this event

C.S

sounds good mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Manchester Airport according to one website i have just read is forecast light to moderate snow for a full

24hrs....Blimey i have never seen that in my life,mind boggling stuff

C.S