North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Snow warning seems to be very good or us all with a possible amber warning too !!!!! Fingers crossed and here's hoping it doesn't end up a damp squib !!

Posted

If you want to have digs at eachother then this, or any other thread on here isn't the place for it - I'd strongly recommend those involved stop now, particularly those who have already had more than one issue on the forum over the last couple of months if they want to continue posting.

Posted

BBC national weather forecast just now looked good for the region smile.png

*edit* If you like snow that is!

Edited by Brass_Monkeys

Posted

One thing is for sure and that is that some region of the UK is going to get an absolute and memorable pasting on Friday/ Saturday- fingers crossed its us as I haven't had snow depths above 15cm since the 5th January 2010- totally different set up but a very memorable day of whiteout conditions 25cm exactly I think I remember measuring from that day alone. biggrin.png

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

That weather warning looks nice, especially compared with yesterdays! Could we have enough to attempt a 6-ball snowman this time - 'Mr Leany' (born 5th Jan 2010, decapitated 10th Jan, finally all melted 21st Jan) was 7 foot tall and has yet to be beaten, even by this years Snow Zombie, Mrs Leany and Snow Dog! ;)

Posted

That weather warning looks nice, especially compared with yesterdays! Could we have enough to attempt a 6-ball snowman this time - 'Mr Leany' (born 5th Jan 2010, decapitated 10th Jan, finally all melted 21st Jan) was 7 foot tall and has yet to be beaten, even by this years Snow Zombie, Mrs Leany and Snow Dog! tease.gif

Here's with fingers crossed as we look (at the moment anyway) to be in the sweet spot - although I do think the worst of the conditions will be over higher ground we could see 10-15cm at least - a highly impressive snow depth for our lowland neck of the woods in Jan/ Feb let alone March!! good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold please!

If it could wait til about 3pm on friday, that'd be good for me. Gotta do a presentation for uni haha

Posted

BBC regional weather forecasts forecasting heavy and disrutptive snow on Friday as far north as Yorkshire so many in the North West should be in for a decent spell of snow Friday into Saturday if everything goes to plan.

Posted

Got to be in Buxton friday morning so looks like that's going to be a fun few hours, GFS progging 15cm here in the peaks from Friday afternoon onwards into the early weekend.

Posted

NAE 12z precip accum totals are out up to lunchtime Friday. Looks to me like its steady as she goes up to now, with good progression of the front and associated rain/sleet/snow (delete as you see fit)

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201303201200&VAR=rsum&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Posted

I've got a girls night out on Friday - just over a mile walk so that'd be OK if there was any snow, but I don't fancy the uphill return journey after a few glasses of wine!!! And the thermals and snowboots look is so last year, daaahling! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees, thunderstorms and heavy snow

Sleet for Wirral for the most part I expect.

Posted

I am sure we will have epic snow fall and distruption as I am driving from Bacup to Somerset on Saturday morning first thing and will probably spend the entire weekend stuck on the motorway!!

Posted

NAE snow/rain charts out for Friday. More rain in the mix now for those further s & w according to this model.

http://www.weatheron...=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=weas&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Alot can and will change - seems to be bringing the warmer air further N ?

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted

NAE snow/rain charts out for Friday. More rain in the mix now for those further s & w according to this model.

Alot can and will change - seems to be bringing the warmer air further N ?

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=taup&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Dew points still sub 0 for most of the region by 12z Friday............ Should still be snow away from the Liverpool area.

A shift north!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Matt hugo just compared fridays low to an equivilant severe winter storm on twitter

Posted

I found a better Tweet:

MattHugo81

Also noteworthy on that image is the amount of precip evident for Fri/Sat. Increasing Risk NW England will be hit hard by Heavy Snow.

I have bolded the words that matter to us.