Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 21/03/13 09z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I saw the bbc24 live forecast with Thomas (can't spell his last name!) and it was good to see him finally acknowledge it to be snowing over the south midlands , and said nothing about it turning to rain ! So I feel once its stalls then it will stay there, I don't mind a break tomorrow afternoon , avoid any sleety mix that will encourage any thawing snow , then we can look south and watch another potent feature come over us tomorrow night !! What a truely remarkable march this is . . . . I have a feeling tomorrow evening/night will be snowier in general with less a far let marginal element to it ! The graphics for tomorrow night look mouth watering

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

on the walk home it fely really bitter.

As opposed to lager or scotch. laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

I saw the bbc24 live forecast with Thomas (can't spell his last name!) and it was good to see him finally acknowledge it to be snowing over the south midlands , and said nothing about it turning to rain ! So I feel once its stalls then it will stay there, I don't mind a break tomorrow afternoon , avoid any sleety mix that will encourage any thawing snow , then we can look south and watch another potent feature come over us tomorrow night !! What a truely remarkable march this is . . . . I have a feeling tomorrow evening/night will be snowier in general with less a far let marginal element to it ! The graphics for tomorrow night look mouth watering

Its already mouth watering here. Not a hint of rain or sleet. Pure, fairly dry snow all things considered. Fairly dry ground too, and the snow is just edging into Leicestershire with a tonne more to come and from reports from you guys south of me some of this precip is quite heavy. I'm telling you, Met Offices yellow warning is pathetic, not so much in predicted levels but more so the extent of the warning.

edit:

Nope, take it back, MetO just updated extent of Yellow warning to something much more reasonable.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Wow, it's right on my doorstep. Millions of smaller 5p size flakes, blowing all over the place, very strong winds. Excellent. And this is just the start.

Snow also seems quite dry, surprisingly.

Countesthorpe, about 3 miles south of Wigston.

Oh not far away then!!next door neighbours!!but really on a serious note things could get really bad in the next couple of hours!!ive just checked the radar and the precipitation is really organising itself towards the south and west of us!!and if you believe the nae then this first band doesnt stop or clear away from us because the second band just joins it tomorrow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Snow's anything but dry here- couldn't get any more wet without it turning to rain. Sfc obs showing temp. of 1C and dewpoint at 0C. That's on the border of marginal.

The weather on news 24 said it will get snowier as the night goes on !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Oh not far away then!!next door neighbours!!but really on a serious note things could get really bad in the next couple of hours!!ive just checked the radar and the precipitation is really organising itself towards the south and west of us!!and if you believe the nae then this first band doesnt stop or clear away from us because the second band just joins it tomorrow!!

Yep. Though the green more intense stuff on the radar is dieing out just 10 miles south west of here, could of guessed that would happen hehe. I think it'll make it here eventually, and when it does.. lots of snow!

Issue at the moment is it's blowing horizontally. It's going to settle more on the side of things than the actual ground blum.gif

Edited by kmanmx

Posted

Light snow here now. Meant to be heading up to a stag do in York tomorrow, been looking forward to it for yonks. Hope the snow isn't too disruptive to prevent travelling up. Not coming back until Sunday, and the forecast is worse here on Saturday than up there.

Posted

It's very wet snow here too, but I remember January's snow beginning with hours of wet stuff on the Thursday night that gave only a small covering, before the fun began in the early hours of Friday...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Snow's anything but dry here- couldn't get any more wet without it turning to rain. Sfc obs showing temp. of 1C and dewpoint at 0C. That's on the border of marginal.

Strange!!!!! its been chucking it down here and your not a million miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

And slightly further south we have sleet and rain. Not even a hint of settling snow.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nope. Should stay as snow until late morning at the earliest. If not forever.

Doubtful, ECM has the 850 0c over Notts 1200 Friday suggests rain or sleet much of central and south-west Midlands around midday tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Still sleety stuff here just another 30/40 miles north me thinks

Posted

well the place to be tonight is the midlands net wather forum, just read most of the posts from 7.30 to now,

some posts were just just great, "OMG look at NAE " I DID and it showed 8 levels of pink form here, got to be over 50cms.

this just started as snow here, dry as bone, blowing around, where are fellow Derbyshire posters, early night looking forward to tommorrow morings snow feast.

there could be seroius snow depths here, villages cut off. may be on the verge of a red warning for Peak District.

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif Sometimes you need a good old ramp.

Posted

It's very much snowing here too - heavily. But because it isn't particularly cold or dry at the surface, the snow is having some difficulty accumulating, despite its intensity.

It's wet snow falling onto a not-so-cold ground, basically.

Yea think that is the problem here, everywhere is white but it doesn't seem to be getting any deeper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

This heavy sleet not good for my snow man built on sunday amazing i wonder if it will last the week

It's very much snowing here too - heavily. But because it isn't particularly cold or dry at the surface, the snow is having some difficulty accumulating, despite its intensity.

Yes, I'm in south west birmingham, and its settling on cars, pavements, lawns etc, but not really on the roads, and not accumulating very fast. We have gone through a light patch though. Hoping it will pick up again and temps will drop a tad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Rain, Thunder, Lightning

It's been snowing here as well since about 10.30pm. It's starting to accumulate albeit slowly. I'd say we've got light-moderate snow but it's fine grains. That said I've got about 1cm on the car and it's starting to stick to pavements and minor roads. It's still quite wet here too on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Temp hovering around 0 here, currently 0.1oC, dewpoint's at -1.0oC, we have 3.5 cm of lying snow, just went out to measure it.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

well the place to be tonight is the midlands net wather forum, just read most of the posts from 7.30 to now,

some posts were just just great, "OMG look at NAE " I DID and it showed 8 levels of pink form here, got to be over 50cms.

this just started as snow here, dry as bone, blowing around, where are fellow Derbyshire posters, early night looking forward to tommorrow morings snow feast.

there could be seroius snow depths here, villages cut off. may be on the verge of a red warning for Peak District.

help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif Sometimes you need a good old ramp.

Nothing here for me yet, hopefully things will pick up soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Ground temps aren't so good at the moment but the way its falling im sure that will change.