Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st March 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

1 cm for London

And with that enough to bring the whole of the transport network to a standstill lol

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Blimey, I have just noticed I have made it past the 3000 post mark... about 2,500 of those were pre-2012 so at least I have curbed my waffling habit! gathering.giflaugh.png

And if banter was included you would be up to 10,000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

gonna do an update tomorrow morning

struggling with computer at present

link for fax charts

http://www.weatherch...rg/ukmomslp.htm

http://www.meteociel...ech=6&archive=0

and for ukmo

got sleet here in the heavier bursts at present

Sleet really, I haven't been looking lol, can hear all the rain drops.

Posted

And if banter was included you would be up to 10,000

Back in the day Andy - R.I.P banter 2005 - 2007 cray.gif

Posted

Back in the day Andy - R.I.P banter 2005 - 2007 cray.gif

Happy days though? Was so much fun! Feel a bit lost in there now

Anyway back to the weather, still no bloody light so have not got a clue!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Icy sleety snowy whatever the hell you'd call it is falling here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Blimey, I have just noticed I have made it past the 3000 post mark... about 2,500 of those were pre-2012 so at least I have curbed my waffling habit! gathering.giflaugh.png

Others of us never get past itrolleyes.gif The waffling I mean doh.gif

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

After the Daily Express issued their front page headline for tomorrow, 1000's flocked to netweather to find out more, hence the server overload laugh.png

36 HOURS OF SNOW CHAOS ON THE WAY help.gif

post-2721-0-05526900-1363908392_thumb.pn

Could this be the first Daily weather prediction that has more then 10% truth ?? Heavy sleet here and windy

Do you know what? I love snow, but I yearn for warm, balmy days.

Ihope you all get what you wish for smile.png

Sun starts heading south again in just over 12 weeks cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Snowing lightly here, must be on the very southern border for snow.

Posted

All snow here over the border into East Northamptonshire - and its light so far, so not relying on heavier bursts to turn it into proper snow. Bodes well, despite the fact I could well do without it tomorrow as travelling up to York.

Posted

Others of us never get passed itrolleyes.gif The waffling I mean doh.gif

I do still have my moments...! It is a hard habit to break help.gif

As for the weather - from an IMBY prospective, I would actually rather be IMBY with lovely warm spring sunshine, hearing the first buzz of the bumblebee, tidying the garden, potting colourful plants... and watching Mr Raven sweat getting the hump cutting the grass for the first time in about 6 months! laugh.png

Posted

Well, I am watching this cold period extend in fascination, and I do adore snow anyway, so no surprises therewink.pngair_kiss.gif When (when?) the warmer weather comes though, I really hope that it does come with sunshine and not more wet weather. The early memory of the month with that beautiful sunshine was a very pleasant one even though my favourite memory of the month was easily the powdery drifting snow of just a week later. So when the change comes, then I hope that it is to one of fair weather and not atlantic rain. Pretty please?smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking at the way its likely to snow 36hrs+, this could be like the son of 'snowstorm Nemo'. with very strong winds and just shy of 2 foot falling in the midlands, this could lead up to some very severe snowdrifts indeed. 2013 has got to be one of the best years i have ever witnessed for snow so far, unfortunately I was about 9 months shy of being here for the Feb 1991 blizzard!

Posted

I'm definitely past it. Quiet life please with no stress and no absurd weather outlooks ..................(guess I'm buggered there then) laugh.png

#

lol! Janlaugh.png

Put it this way - I would NOT be wanting 40 cm of wet plastering snow cutting off my electricity supply - which is a high risk that some parts of the warned areas in the country are facing over the next day or twosad.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Ok, Snow Depth Cup 4th Rnd Draw again, have included some friendlies but mixed them up a bit from this morning.

Just missing an opponent for Chris Mantle of West Ipswich, first to post, gets the match!

Will prob. decide later on today, when to take final measurement, if any! whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v.Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER)

Addington (Sur) (SNOWBOB) v.Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS)

N.W.Kent ? (KENTSPUR) v.Swanley (K) (SNOWBLUES)

N.W.Kent (LAUREN) v.Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN)

Folkestone (LOTTIEKENT) v. Rochester (K) (STEVIERAY1)

3rd Rnd REPLAYS

Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER) v. Wimbledon (L) (LONDON SNOW)

Ongar (E) (JO S) v. Bushey (H) (SVALIJI)

S.W.London (FLUID DYNAMIC) v. Northwood (L) (BLUEBREEZER54)

FRIENDLIES

Sawbridgeworth (H) (HAMMER) v. Kempston (Beds) (CHRIS MANTLE)

Headington (Ox) (MARK NEAL) v. High Wycombe (Bucks) (KATIE COURT)

West Ipswich (Suf) (CHRIS101) v. Bromley (K) (JAN_BROMLEY)

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes

Yellow Warning of Snow for East of England :

Peterborough

An area of rain and sleet moving from the south later on Thursday and during Friday will turn increasingly to snow as it does so. Some heavy and persistent snowfall is likely to develop across many areas, with 5-10 cm of snow in some parts, and locally more than 15 cm over high ground. Taking into account the strong winds, some atrocious conditions with drifting and blizzards are expected for many upland areas in particular. The public should be aware of the potential for significant disruption, particularly to transport and to power supplies.

This is a further update of the warning first issued on Tuesday, nudging the southern boundary south to include a little more of Wales, the Cotswold and north Chiltern areas. Amber warnings are also being issued to reflect the increased risk of disruption in parts of Northern Ireland, the Midlands, North Wales and northern England on Friday.

Issued at:

2324 on Thu 21 Mar 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

An active frontal system will push northwards during Thursday, increasingly coming into contact with the block of unusually cold air in place across central and northern Britain, the North Sea and Scandinavia. The front will then become slow-moving during Friday, potentially affecting a broad swathe of central Britain for some 24 to 36 hours.

During this period, a combination of strong winds and persistent snow looks like leading to some particularly wintry weather - especially for so late in the season. There remain some uncertainties at this stage in exactly where the worst of the snow will be, and in some low-lying areas the rain-snow balance is not yet clear-cut, which means that further refinements to the warning area are likely.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=DC993385-BF54-583B-256B-827C84AD4D74_7_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1363910400

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Best of luck to those in the west of the region tonight. Hope to hear of some respectable accumulations in the morning :)

Posted

So, it looks like another one of those nail biting skin of your pants type weather events again then. How many of those have we had in the last few months ?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote "Very quickly, tip for you storm freaks, Spanish Plume would you believe (4.10 Wolves)"

Well true to form Spanish Plume didnt perform at Wolverhampton of course, never see him that far west!

A little studying of the form-book would've revealed of course, that he is far better suited to the Low Countries!

Just as well then that I backed him in the 4.30 at Ostend, where he indeed won turning cartwheels!

Meanwhile, you storm freaks need one of these fellas, to enhance your "Spanish Plumes"

And dont knock our Katie, shes a Welling girl, I believe! Put this up your UKMO, Mr.Hammond! wink.png

Kate+Bush+kb+PNG.png

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

What is it like for you lot at the minute - especially folks in north Beds, north Bucks and west/north Cambs. Here we have moderate snow but nothing settling yet though the thermometer is on a strong downward trend +1.4C with a +0.2C dewpoint.