Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st March 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

In the last few years we've had decent springs but awful summers. Hopefully if this cold continues for a while our hot spell will be moved to later in the year during the summer. Wishfull thinking but i really need a hot sunny summer...

Edited by BarnetBlizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Hello all. I haven't been able to catch up over the past 48 hours or so, in fact the last time I looked this was mainly a midlands/northern event and south west if I remember rightly. I just looked at the snow risk and it says 95% for Brighton! Surely not? Has the snow really moved that far south?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Going to be a wash out here DP has risen to 0.1 temp is at 4

Posted

Hello all. I haven't been able to catch up over the past 48 hours or so, in fact the last time I looked this was mainly a midlands/northern event and south west if I remember rightly. I just looked at the snow risk and it says 95% for Brighton! Surely not? Has the snow really moved that far south?

No

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

My forecast.

Cold air is starting to establish itself over our region at the moment but it won't be cold enough for snow tonight for anyone South from Cambridge unless something dramatic happens which is unlikely.

Tonight we see the Atlantic trying to fight back, a band of rain, sleet and snow is working it's way up from the South-West and it's currently stationed across Central London where it's raining. This band of predominantly rainy weather will push North out of the way over night leading to no accumulation.

Friday remains cloudy with the odd chance of rain showers or longer spells of rain for a time. As the day goes on though, the cold really starts digging in turning that rain increasingly to snow. As this happens, another weather front pushes through the UK bumping into that cold air, and this is where my concern is.

This weather front is projected to get as far as Norfolk and then stall, this means that accumulations will get deeper and deeper before the band finally fizzles out to nothingness. Some areas to the North of this region e.g. Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire or Suffolk could see a lot of heavy snowfall in a 12 hour (or longer) period with depths of up to 15cm (6 inches). The band will dissipate around Saturday lunch time leaving a very raw day with maximums struggling to get above freezing.

post-15503-0-10466400-1363895721_thumb.j

My Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/LondonAndTheSouthEastWeather?bookmark_t=page

Posted

are we in for some fun or do we get the rain!!!,

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Here on the East Coast it looks as though we have dodged the bad weather bullet. I thought as much when I saw these seagulls messing about today in Cromer. Not a care in the world.

post-18422-0-18790300-1363896493_thumb.j

Posted

I'm not going to visit friends now, so hoping for a few cm's here. Shall await your summary with glaring eyes :-)

Probably a good plan looking at the most recent data

We will see what the 18z offers too, but Snowline Saturday at present still remains largely north of M4 (with M40 likely to be affected). Heaviest snow at the moment through Home Counties, running north of M4 corridor, around mid morning Saturday looking likely to see the heaviest of the snow in these areas

SK

Edited by snowking

Posted

My streetlamp bulb has blown, how bloody convenient!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Happy birthday Surrey smile.png

Happy birthday Kent, Jan we cant leave our own county out of the birthday celebrations, surely! (Dont you dare) wink.png

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Theres no doubt that if this was happening in mid january, this country would be seeing a state of emergency declared, Ice days look distinctly possible this coming weekend, and this is past the spring equinox now! This really is remarkable, we can't say we haven't got what we deserved after the easterly let down in December.

Was just thinking the same, even 4 weeks ago this would have had potential to deliver record snow for upland England.

An absolute classic this one, history tells us that these fronts/lows sliding down from the NW have dropped some good snowfalls in the past.

Posted

Still think this s all good news for the summer. This, in my very humble opinion, has been the most wintry winter in a long time preceded by a normal wet and windy autumn. Therefore, if my theory is correct, we will have a summer from days of old with hot, sunny spells followed by awesome thundery breakdowns then back to hot. Just a thought.. :D

Posted

Happy birthday Kent, Jan we cant leave our own county out of the birthday celebrations, surely! (Dont you dare) wink.png

Regards,

Tom.

How is the packing going Tom? That is the hardest job ever, and I'm sure you've found all of the accumulated trash. Good luck smile.png

Posted

i will be on later with a full update

feeling futher north of the area fri night sat

more south sunday lunchtime on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Noooooooo!

Lea just laughed out loud!

Edited by Floatylight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Still think this s all good news for the summer. This, in my very humble opinion, has been the most wintry winter in a long time preceded by a normal wet and windy autumn. Therefore, if my theory is correct, we will have a summer from days of old with hot, sunny spells followed by awesome thundery breakdowns then back to hot. Just a thought.. biggrin.png

Wouldn't that be nice!!

Back to the coming days.. I am still expecting there to be nothing of any note settling anywhere South of the very North of London... Another hour for the 18z to come out, but temps just don't look like having the chance to drop steeply enough for us in London and Southern counties and where will the heavier ppn eventually fall?

Would hate to see yet another miss by 10 miles, so I hope it all sinke slightly South in the next runs.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Noooooooo!

Lea just laughed out loud!

Lol, I opened my curtains to see just black, I WANT MY ORANGE GLOW BACK! :(

Posted

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=48.7025&lon=5.109090909090909&z=7&x=609&y=617&type=rain-snow-slee

looking at that might be interesting for us on the east side later in the night

Posted

I'm driving Essex-Huddersfield-Leeds-Essex tomorrow for work and after seeing the latest BBC forecast I'm pretty damn certain I'll see some snow, and more likely than, not lots of it!

M