Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st March 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Beautiful day in Cromer today. View from the Bella Vista restaurant.

Looks like you had a topsy turvy day :)

Posted

Gary, that looks fab. It's been so long since I've seen a clear blue sky. Ilong for that. Did it feel spring-like?

Yes it did. And the great news is we look like missing the bad weather this weekend.

Posted

Even if it doesn`t happen, I have really grown to love the pinks in this image.

13032312_2112.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

13032312_2112.gif

Just over 2hrs until the 18z will be released.... :)

Posted

Just over 2hrs until the 18z will be released.... smile.png

Mark, as you well know, the 18z could show snowmageddon only for it to be sleet on the day. Trying to keep the excitement subdued. I am getting sick of this cold but if it means snow then fantasmo.

Yes, no idea why photos go like that from your phone on here.

Hold phone horizontal not vertical, well it`s like that for my Galaxy SII. Instagram soon taught me that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

BBC have me down for 6-7 hours of heavy snowfall on Friday night, tehehehehehehee I'm a little boy again.

Posted

Bizare isn't it. Winds from the same direction for three day, but three different weather types. One day of sea fog, another grey day with snizzle then a perfect clear day with the cloud never reaching the coast and only forming in land

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

13032312_2112.gif

liking that very much at the mo' (-:

temps etc dropping here:

@ 5.40pm = +3.5c, dp+0.7c

@7.10pm = +3.0c, dp-0.7c (negative dp !)

cloud cover and wind picking up.

Really not sure what to make of the sat and radar.

Will the slowly approaching front raise the temps as it has done further south or as night progresses will the wet stuff get icy?

post-884-0-21196900-1363892811_thumb.jpg

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb?ir=true

& for a bit of hope for some, similar to post above:

http://www.meteorada...uk/forecastloop

not rated by many as v-accurate but it is interesting to see just one of the many projections. The output from the models and faxes later will no doubt be very interesting.

BUT the radar and warnings from the met o will be our friends this weekend as things will rapidly change as t=zero approaches. IMBY nightmareshok.gif Personally I wouldn't want to venture north of Luton this weekend. Rather stay here safe and enjoy what might happen biggrin.png

Remarkable synoptics for the end of March !!

& from earlier thread… best get prepared:

http://forum.netweat...20#entry2651845

WARNING contains tupperware! and a small bird for scale & cutenessdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Looks like some of the South East may miss out on snowmeggeden this weekend,esp those South of London where we can look forward to cold rain!!Think Bedfordshire,North Oxfordshire,Norfolk ,cambridgeshire may get hit Friday night and Saturday.Midlands Northwards can expect 20-40cm of snow,esp hillier ground so good luck to them as they have missed out a bit on last few snow events when South East has got hit so good luck to them.Next week looks mainly cold and dry looking at latest ECM with possibility of a few snow flurries.When will this winter end??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Theres no doubt that if this was happening in mid january, this country would be seeing a state of emergency declared, Ice days look distinctly possible this coming weekend, and this is past the spring equinox now! This really is remarkable, we can't say we haven't got what we deserved after the easterly let down in December.

Posted

Am i watching it correctly?

the precip is turning supposedly sleety to the south of London, on the current system??? Could this be an immediate upgrade??? Steve M help??

Temps still going down and the wind is howling from a direct easterly.

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

2°C Feels Like: -3° Wind Chill: -3° Ceiling: 2700 Heat Index: 2° Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: -2° Wind: 15mph Humidity: 75% Direction: 100°E

Wind picking up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Looks like some of the South East may miss out on snowmeggeden this weekend,esp those South of London where we can look forward to cold rain!!Think Bedfordshire,North Oxfordshire,Norfolk ,cambridgeshire may get hit Friday night and Saturday.Midlands Northwards can expect 20-40cm of snow,esp hillier ground so good luck to them as they have missed out a bit on last few snow events when South East has got hit so good luck to them.Next week looks mainly cold and dry looking at latest ECM with possibility of a few snow flurries.When will this winter end??

I think that there are good provisional indications from the models this evening that we might see more than snow flurries next week with sunshine by day, very cold uppers and quite low heights as well which would all promote some quite strong convection I would think from both the North Sea and also developing inland from the surface heating during the day.

So snow probably struggling to settle by day, but accumulations occuring at night. Thundersnow quite possible I would think on current suggestions. Then, the ECM hints at another round of frontal sleet/snow from the south west as we approach Easter timesmile.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Awaiting the hi res ECM precip charts, but the preliminary look I've just taken paint a similar story to this morning - and that includes the precip returning from the SE overnight Saturday into Sunday, so that's potentially one to watch (as I say, just awaiting the hi res ECM to firm up on this)

Light snow into EA tomorrow AM, mix of rain/sleet/snow PM, then overnight Friday into Saturday some heavier snowfall, more especially north of the Thames - the Home Counties at present look best placed, we could see one or two locations topping 10cm here by the end of play Saturday looking at some of the WRF outputs I've seen thus far

More detailed report to come circa 10pm

SK

Edited by snowking

Posted

Awaiting the hi res ECM precip charts, but the preliminary look I've just taken paint a similar story to this morning - and that includes the precip returning from the SE overnight Saturday into Sunday, so that's potentially one to watch (as I say, just awaiting the hi res ECM to firm up on this)

Light snow into EA tomorrow AM, mix of rain/sleet/snow PM, then overnight Friday into Saturday some heavier snowfall, more especially north of the Thames - the Home Counties at present look best placed, we could see one or two locations topping 10cm here by the end of play Saturday looking at some of the WRF outputs I've seen thus far

More detailed report to come circa 10pm

SK

I think we may do OK SK! Polish that shovel?

Posted

I think we may do OK SK! Polish that shovel?

At present Stu, from what I've seen, we are in pretty prime position as far as this region goes. Whether that proves the reality or not we shall have to see but the latest projections certainly looking to produce around 5-10cms for North Essex/Herts

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

SK , which of those 8 home counties though?! :p

350px-Home_Counties_%281889_county_borders%29.svg.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Just popped over to ask how South East is looking over the weekend? I'm driving down to Haslemere, Surrey for work then onwards down to Hastings, that's if I can get out of the West Midlands. Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

At present Stu, from what I've seen, we are in pretty prime position as far as this region goes. Whether that proves the reality or not we shall have to see but the latest projections certainly looking to produce around 5-10cms for North Essex/Herts

SK

I'm not going to visit friends now, so hoping for a few cm's here. Shall await your summary with glaring eyes :-)

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

Crap b day weather today lol!

Happy Birthday!

Posted

SK

Well Kris, that is just dandy.