Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st March 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Hi Jan,

Yes were on schedule thanks, having a night off, got in late from work but it was my daughters' day off, so she managed to get quite a bit done. She made up for copping out early the other night, as I said, purposely dropped an old TV on her toe and faked bleeding from under the nail, by squirting tomato puree on it! Anything to get out of a bit of work, lightweight she is!

But where were you Nurse Jan, hope you'll respond a bit quicker if we have a family emergency, in Chislehurst! wink.png

Yes 29 years of accumulated rubbish and then some! Will be great to be back on the right side of the border and get rid of that SE tag! To keep it weather related, will be nice to get some chunkier snow depths as well and some nice trips with my two, up to Chislehurst ponds, for a spot of lunch with the ducks.

Regards,

Tom.

Poor Hayley Tom, that soo hurts dropping stuff on your toe. I lived in Jay Gardens, just off of where you are moving to, 20 years ago . Such a lovely area.

Posted

We will get snow, for once I don't want it to snow on Saturday, got something more important lined up. So we will get a dumping rofl.gif

We won't get snow because I'm doing an electrical re-wiring job in Wroxham on Saturday night. It will be cold and clear. I need the money.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Its directly from the gfs model......

Which is useless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I think the grown up, and sensible thing to do in here is to wish all the members of Netweather who happen to be living in the areas that will be getting snowed in all the luck in the world, and also let them know that we in the South-East, and East Anglia will be out working harder than ever to help reduce the UK's budget deficit, so allowing those poor snowed in citizens the ability to pick up their benefits on time.

Hey that's rather rude, I'd say a lot of the people that will get snowed in by this snow, whether it's in the midlands or further south or were ever gets the sweet spot, for most it won't be there own fault they can't get to work.

Posted

According to Rain Today radar, the band should reach me around 10.30pm tonight. And It shows it grey, which I think is sleet. Also known as sitting on the fence...lol

Posted

Its directly from the gfs model......

Ignore it, it quite often shows ridic outputs, I've been due 50cm plus regularly according to it, it's useless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote. "some nice trips with my two, up to Chislehurst ponds, for a spot of lunch with the ducks".

Actually, could kill 2 ducks with 1 stone, so to speak!

Take some chinese pancakes, cucumber, spring onion, hoisin sauce and we're laughing!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Hey that's rather rude, I'd say a lot of the people that will get snowed in by this snow, whether it's in the midlands or further south or were ever gets the sweet spot, for most it won't be there own fault they can't get to work.

I had it as rather pathetic myself

Posted

My point was that if they are snowed in they can't get to work. The UK needs this bad weather like I need one of my legs to fall off.

Posted

Ignore it, it quite often shows ridic outputs, I've been due 50cm plus regularly according to it, it's useless.

Last spell yes.... Others it has been correct, ie 2009/10/11/12..... Not exactly as none are but more so than at times met ukmo....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

....been under light precip on radar for last 2 hours , nothing fallen as yet.....bloody cold wind though!

ps can actually see the moon shining through thin cloud layer

Edited by stratty

Posted

Why

Not really it is a major model.....if it is useless why do so many people on here wait for it to come out four times a day?

The NAE is useless as well, I guess people just like to see alternatives. Even the MetOffice consider the GFS as a load of tosh.

Posted

Hey that's rather rude..........

I would go even further and say I thought it was not only insensitive but also insulting and offensive. Some of us ( me included ) are currently out of work for no other reason than our health has genuinely deteriorated. I have an appeal appointment with my ex employer tomorrow, and would give anything to get my job back.

Back on topic, its raining here in Nw London

Posted

I shouldn't get involved but I will. I think Gary only said it in jest, his sense of humour is very dry.

Posted

Last spell yes.... Others it has been correct, ie 2009/10/11/12..... Not exactly as none are but more so than at times met ukmo....

It's been awful for years! Metcheck that is.

Posted

Lets check dp - sub zero

Lets check uppers - -2c

Lets check 850/1000 thicknesses - sub 1300

hey something is falling from the sky .................. And its rain! I suspect if there was some intensity, it might be snow but its light and its rain.

Posted

I would go even further and say I thought it was not only insensitive but also insulting and offensive. Some of us ( me included ) are currently out of work for no other reason than our health has genuinely deteriorated. I have an appeal appointment with my ex employer tomorrow, and would give anything to get my job back.

Back on topic, its raining here in Nw London

I apologise if you thought what I said was insulting and offensive. I was just trying to make the point that on the face of it a bit of snow for snow lovers was lovely, but maybe we should be looking at the bigger picture. I myself was made redundant 2 years ago, that is why I have started my own business, this type of weather in Spring is frankly a pain in the backside, and I'm praying my area misses this stuff for my sake, and for the 4 young guys that work for me. Bills have to be paid. I hope your health improves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I shouldn't get involved but I will. I think Gary only said it in jest, his sense of humour is very dry.

I agree...And to think that I attended another interview, in Lowestaaft, last Tuesday!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way

I agree, I did read it and thought "is he serious?" but then remembered some of his previous odd posts. Jus a bit of a minority sense of humour.

Posted

Emergency crews have already dealt with 500 calls for help as gale force winds and spot thunderstorms continue to batter parts of Melbourne on Thursday. Most of the damage has been caused by fallen trees, while power lines are also down in many suburbs, as wind gusts reach up to 110km/hr. Construction sites have also been affected by the wind. A crane dropped a load of formwork tables at the new Cancer Centre this morning. Huge waves at Portsea have also broken the mooring of up to a dozen boats.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/site/?pageid=event_desc&edis_id=ST-20130321-38592-AUS

weather causes problems throughout the world

not much we can do about it huh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Light rain here.