Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st March 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Very light snow in Romford as I walked the other half to the train station...quite big flakes too, and one hell of a biting wind.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Im not going to get very excited about today, as most of the ppn doesnt get this far East. Looking at the radar its all light ppn, which will probably mean cold, wet, sleet.

Maybe later tonight and tomorrow could see it turning alittle more snowy, however the heavier stuff will always be over in the West. Interesting day or so coming up...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good Morning all. The fun begins. . .light sleet and quite windy, Gusts quite strong aswell.

1°C Feels Like: -5° Wind Chill: -5° Ceiling: 2200 Heat Index: 1° Visibility: 6mi Dew Point: -1° Wind: 17mph Humidity: 87% Direction: 110° (ESE) Pressure: 29.85" Gusts: NA

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Very light snow here in Stortford this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Watch - Today any snow falling likely to be a line from Reading to Essex and north, sleet could fall elsewhere but mostly rain, until evening, i expect the cold air to sweep south and east across the SE through Friday night and Saturday morning, rain turning to snow from a line i expect from Reading to Chelmford in Essex and north from here early in the night, but as the very cold air pushes across all of EA/SE through the early hours(by which time EA affected by snowfall) of Saturday and Saturday daytime then rain turning to sleet then snow across most inland areas of the SE (inland from the South coast likely to see sleet/snow by Saturday morning across Sussex depending on precipitation amounts) other areas other than the north of Reading to Essex line that i expect to be affected by snowfall Saturday, are all areas London, Surrey, North Sussex, North Kent. - these are the highest risk areas for the snow.

During Saturday eve/night freezing easterly could bring snow showers across all of the EA/SE, and Sunday to.

Severe cold is on the way and for some areas a lot of snowfall. How much do i expect? worst hit areas of EA 5-15cm locally, with northern areas of the SE 5-10cm (note this is for the whole weekend events)

Amounts of snow are not certain but are possible.

ESS

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Very windy and snow blowing in the wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Moderate snow here, blowing sideways but not settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

I am heading up to Nottingham tonight and returning Sunday late should be interesting the weather, hopefully it will be worth the possible difficult driving conditions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I should be back on here late evening. The whole set-up/situation is very interesting, late March and something that is not expected by many at this stage of Spring, and that is a severe cold and snowy period, and with easterly and very strong winds setting up eventually down this way it's gonna be a serious wind chill setting in.

Posted

Started to snow here in Emneth West Norfolk around 20mins ago, nothing to heavy or settling but nice to see some nice sized flakes blowing in the wind.

Posted

It's pretty but it's not settling as too light and the ground not cold enough.

As far as tonight is concerned, I think it's better to wait and see rather than speculate. At least we will have the time of day on our side though how heavy the precip is by the time the cold air undercuts is the question. Dave should be in a good spot?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

BBC graphics for what they're worth still only have tomorrows snowline around the Thames estuary most places south were still in the rain zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Very light snow just started here.when I went to bed wasn't expecting anything if anything till sat??

Also it as dry as a bone here!

Edited by Floatylight

Posted

FL - light snow was expected for EA in the update I did last night, nothing significant today though

I'm just about to rush out the door to work but very quick update, as you were really as of the update I did last night. Rain/Sleet/Snow returning towards evening, becoming more exclusively snow for EA into the early hours (if not before) and falling for much of Saturday morning.

2-10cms across EA, with perhaps 1-2cms later further south and east in the region - the precip coming in from the SE later saturday and into sunday there on both GFS and ECM today, but really very light.

SK

Posted

Morning all!

Glad to see some of you are already getting snow to the North of the patch. I said I wouldn't ( :doh: ) but I'll grab a couple of charts to see how long and where this might be going.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Light flurries here, with a temperature of 3C.

I hope for one last hurrah of Winter this weekend - I've given up on having a useable weekend now - then for Spring warmth. This cold cloudy regime is pretty tiresome for me.

I just hope the cold sea surface temperatures don't ruin potentially warm Spring days for my neck of the woods though, so in the short term (till mid - late May) would prefer an Azores high type scenario, than a slack continental flow.

Posted

GFS has snow across EA today, dying out after lunch

12_20.gif

More in EA tomorrow:

30_20.gif

Then later down along the South coast:

42_20.gif

48_20.gif

60_20.gif

All over by Sunday early evening.

NAE has snow in EA and above today:

13032212_2200.gif

Down a little further overnight:

13032306_2200.gif

Not quite making it to the extreme South tomorrow before fizzling out:

13032318_2200.gif

13032400_2200.gif

I think this is the most likely scecanrio, but I'll go and get the NMM for confirmation.

Posted

Models hagve just slightly shifted this northwards, snow unlikely south of Thames now as the slightly milder 850hpa temps don't quite retreat far enough south.

I'm somewhat tempted to have an early drive to the north of the region and see what conditions are like. We will see how it goes!

Posted

20p flakes fluttering in amongst the constant 5p's dirol.gif

Still only settling lightly & drifting on grassy area,rooftops & cars. Pavement & road just damp looking.

Temperature 1.1°C

Humidity 90%

Dewpoint -0.4°C

Wind ENE at 0.0

Barometer 1009.7 hPa & Steady

Edited by ChillyJuju

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here is NMM for 6 a.m. tomorrow, when the precipitation level is still reasonable. I'm in the sleet area, so a knife edge for me...

post-11059-0-37919200-1363938153_thumb.p