Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I could do with one myself smile.png  

Free hugs always available at Netweather!

Although there have been stories in the press saying we’re in for another washout summer, don't worry, it’s a far too early to be writing off any chance of a decent summer season.

Then conversely, it's also too early to say it's going to be a BBQ Summer as well!!  :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

It is a coat on, coat off day again, gets cool when the showers come over then warms quickly when the sun pokes its head out.

Stopping in now till tomorrow so it can do what it likes out there, i'm having another art day indoors.

Posted

Arggghhh!!! crazy.gif training all day!!!! (no, not for the potty). I've seen the weather outside and at least it hasn't rained - yet.....

Posted

The sun may occasionally poke its head through the clouds here but the wind has been more or less relentless for the last few days. Gaining in strength for the last couple of hours as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hold the phone, Joe........staying in Naaaaarich it seems. *sigh* Marriage!! Glad I'm single.

It's bloomin' windy as well. I want some thunder......NOW! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I want some thunder......NOW! biggrin.png

you mean "weather" right? angel.gif

Posted

you mean "weather" right? :angel:

Um.....I guess so. Thunder as in the rumbling and crashing variety. With pretty lightning. Oh! b***er.....I'll shut door on t' way out. :O

Posted

Just had a short, sharp shower in Norwich and it all went very still and sky was very stormy looking...but nothing. It all seems to be happening up NW. :(

I was hoping for a better afternoon before the rain tomorrow, however the radar shows a whole line of showers coming through and the rain at times is very heavy. I knew getting the garden furniture out on the patio would start the rain, hopefully the sound of rain on the green cover will not be as bad as last yearbiggrin.png

Edited by chris mantle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I was hoping for a better afternoon before the rain tomorrow, however the radar shows a whole line of showers coming through and the rain at times is very heavy. I knew getting the garden furniture out on the patio would start the rain, hopefully the sound of rain on the green cover will not be as bad as last yearbiggrin.png

A bit like leaving one's shoes on the patio - works every time!doh.gif 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Free hugs always available at Netweather!

Then conversely, it's also too early to say it's going to be a BBQ Summer as well!!  unsure.png

Can I have some hugs and a BBQ summer then please angel.gif

Posted

Arggghhh!!! crazy.gif training all day!!!! (no, not for the potty). I've seen the weather outside and at least it hasn't rained - yet.....

Are you sure about that....

post-10773-0-93136300-1368461786_thumb.j

....there is a certain resemblance blum.gif

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

....there is a certain resemblance blum.gif

Errr how? I don't have a tash, don't wear a monocle or top hat and I am a tad older (maybe not mentally) than the person depicted!  

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Oxfordshire, Hampshire, West Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Reading & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Hertfordshire, Central Bedfordshire, Bedford, Cambridgeshire & Peterborough

The public should be aware that persistent and often heavy rainfall spreading from the southwest has the potential to cause some difficult driving conditions through Tuesday.  Surface water flooding is likely on stretches of the road network, and in places strong winds will lead to considerable spray.      

Valid from:

0800 on Tue 14 May 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Tue 14 May 2013

A developing small-scale low pressure system is expected to run northeastwards across southern and central areas of England during Tuesday and Tuesday night. An arc of heavy and persistent rain is expected to form on the northern and western flank, with anything from 20 to 60 mm falling in the space of 6 to 12 hours. The ground is relatively dry, and this will help guard against too many impacts, but road travel is likely to be inconvenienced locally. Strong winds may also combine with the heavy rainfall in places.

One other aspect of note is that it will be particularly cold through the afternoon and evening where rain is heaviest, even with the chance of seeing some wet snow in a few places.

At this stage there is considerable uncertainty in many of the details, and it is likely that the warning area will be refined and reduced in size as the event approaches.           

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=E01867D8-F0D5-5885-F976-9D599C8AA51A_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1368486000

Posted

Errr how? I don't have a tash, don't wear a monocle or top hat and I am a tad older (maybe not mentally) than the person depicted!  

I was thinking of the cute loveable chubby chops  acute.gif

Oh well...back to the weather....it's hammering it down here, rather glad I haven't got to go out again today !

Posted

chubby chops  acute.gif

blink.png ohmy.png

Posted

Getting very dark here and wind picking up. Looks quite promising. And....here comes the rain. :)