Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning gang,

Had a fair bit of rain overnight. Sunny skies at the moment but it won't last.

Have a great weekend all

Morning Jan, morning all!

Not too bad on the rain front overnight, about 1.2mm and it's stopped since about 4.30am. The sun is ducking in and out of the clouds but as I look over to the West, I can see the next lot of rain cloud on it's way and I think it's a day of intermittent rain and showers - so not much chance of a BBQ tonight!

ASII_20130510_1500.png

Posted

(Ps come on Brighton)

I see they held Crystal Palace to a draw last night, replay on Monday - come on you Seagulls!!!

200px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good morning all. Well weekend off, Lots to do outside and the weather,Just about typical really...Anyway enjoy your weekend, Guess i will have to have a bbq indoors (Cooker). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Hoping the showers hold off for my bluebell walk this afternoon - with any luck I will get some decent photos !

Have a happy Saturday everyone angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Fair comment Tamara, and I would imagine it's no fun if you dislike thunderstorms so you have my sympathy there. I used to be terrified of them many moons ago, and would hide in a cupboard under the stairs in my ( much ) younger years. I have no idea how and why my attitude towards them did a complete u-turn, but it did.

Now I would happily go chasing a storm, and quite often have. The sheer power of nature holds me in awe, and in our small island a thunderstorm is about as good as it gets.

BB54 hi.gif

For me there is a difference between having them right over my home (which is what I hate) or seeing them from a safe distance and, to a degree, being somewhere else (f.e on holiday) when they occur - although I would still be wary of them then.  Its not always the case, but the channel can be a safety valve through the summer when most of the activity occurs inland and I can enjoy sunshine and blue skies but see the big clouds towering up inland which make pretty picturesblum.gif

Posted

Disappointed with today's weather. Son is singing with the school 'boy band' in Autism's Got Talent at the Mermaid Theatre in London this evening. Had hoped to make a day of it in London first but doesn't look like it will be quite the weather for wandering the South Bank. I have to deliver him for rehearsals mid-afternoon and have been told to pack him plenty of food, drink and things to keep him occupied while waiting backstage. Now wondering whether to just get on the train and turn up at the theatre or leave early to do a bit of the London experience. Hmm, need another cup of tea to decide that one....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

If..by what I've been reading the summer is going to be like last year, then it looks as though we have to say bye bye to any chance of some damn good storms.

So......get posting you're storm videos folks and on with the 'storm sound' CDs. *sigh* Oh! For the storms of the 80s and 90s.

Posted

If..by what I've been reading the summer is going to be like last year, then it looks as though we have to say bye bye to any chance of some damn good storms.

So......get posting you're storm videos folks and on with the 'storm sound' CDs. *sigh* Oh! For the storms of the 80s and 90s.

Worry ye not K..........have a look at what Coast has to say about today over on the Convective thread !!  Tony Gilbert on Ukww also says there is some potential for today. Personally I'm being positive and currently have all my camera batteries on charge.......

Oh....and I gave in and put the central heating back on this morning......pah.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

I see they held Crystal Palace to a draw last night, replay on Monday - come on you Seagulls!!!

200px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.

I was there last night as always, now we need a nice away win down there

Coyp

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeagles #cpfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Right everybody, lets concentrate and say to our subconscious minds, "Spanish plumes will arrive in July with weeks of heat and severe thunderstorms,with supercells,mesoscale systems,and no let up till September".

That should work.....well err it does if I need to get up early, just say to yourself in your mind over and over,

"I must get up at 06:00" sure enough you will wake up at 06:00 !

Posted

Can someone turn the tap off please, I've food to grow in the garden. At this rate I'll have to buy fruit and veg this summermad.gif

Posted

Wow very heavy downpour here went out shopping came out of the shop to see the heavens have opened and first thought was "Oh no my washing is on the line" lol well it was dry but not now.  Am waiting till it stops to get it and spin it again.  I hate it when that happens lol still no need to water the veg now.

Enjoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Torrential rain. Just what the doctor ordered!clapping.gif 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Typical, forecast was for tomorrow to be better than today in this neck of the woods. Now looks like tomorrow afternoon is a washout, typically blue sky and sun here now.

BBQ tomorrow afternoon will be fun! Grrrr

Posted

No thunder or lightning here, but one ferocious squall has just passed through. Small trees were almost bent double by the wind and day almost turned into night for about 10 minutes.

The dead calm and silence since is quite disconcerting

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Woo Hoo clap.gif

I've got a lovely jubberly thunder storm going on here  yahoo.gif

Posted

Another squall passing through here now. Im hearing the sferics on  my trusty old AM radio, but no lightning visible or thunder heard yet. Its pretty lively out there though. Congrats on your storm MK                 good.gif

Posted

Back in Norwich. Very heavy rain between Ippy and here. See lightning in MK and that area. Lucky things. Hope we get some. I desperately need cheering up right now.

Posted

Oh come on, thunder pleeeeeeaaaaaassssseee!!!

Posted

....and breathe pardon.gif

I think I'll go and watch Dr Who now and celebrate leaving the no storms club with a little glass of something drinks.gif