Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Just watched Countryfile forecast and Tuesday looks dire. John Hammond said temps may not even get as high as the 10c they were showing and mentioned possible snow for the Peak District!  

Dear me (or something like that....)

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Usually my sweetcorn plants do well....but they have died, it's far too cold!

Posted

Good news gang, we are saved.

Tomorrow's Daily Express headline: 'Another Washout Summer on the Way'

Pump up the paddling pools, dust off the Ray-bans, shake up the Factor 20 and talc the chamois trunks (maybe that last one is just me....) we'll be comparing tans before June is ended!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Seems like we're in for a dire week weather wise. Snow for goodness sake!! I keep thinking about last weekend and our BBQ on Sunday and then our picnic at Alton Water on Monday. *sob*

Posted

Owww first boy into class this morning?

Hello regionaires!

Overnight rain has stopped (for a while) and there was even some brief sunshine on the way into work. I'm expecting rain later and a lot more tomorrow.

When is the Summer due then?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning Coast and all,

I think I was here first but you posted before me lol is the kettle on I need coffee this morning !

Bright sunshine here but I don't think it's going to last angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Owww first boy into class this morning?

Hello regionaires!

Overnight rain has stopped (for a while) and there was even some brief sunshine on the way into work. I'm expecting rain later and a lot more tomorrow.

When is the Summer due then?????

Morning!

Matt Hugo has backed up the prospect of a possible rise in pressure towards the end of this month, perhaps summer will start bang on time drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

Well another week and another load of pants weather....BOO.....

Posted

Morning!

Matt Hugo has backed up the prospect of a possible rise in pressure towards the end of this month, perhaps summer will start bang on time drinks.gif

You'd like to think so eh? I couldn't stand the prospect of another 'Summer' like last years :doh:

Guest bjaykent

Morning all, still not looking like a great forecast for May, the Polar Vortex seem intent on sending anything it has left in our direction. Stuck in rut sums it up with this cool/cold trough entrenched over us.

Tuesday doesn't look very pleasant, wet and cold with temps struggling to get into double figures.

post-16390-0-31105400-1368430599_thumb.g post-16390-0-83688800-1368430632_thumb.g post-16390-0-92344900-1368430711_thumb.g 

Winds fall light Wednesday night into Thursday morning which might gives us a frost - Gardeners beware!

post-16390-0-13728300-1368430941_thumb.g

Then next Saturday/Sunday at the moment looks unseasonal with a nasty low pressure centre to our east dragging in strong north easterly wind, definitely not barbeque weather, in fact it might even blow away!

post-16390-0-47587500-1368431166_thumb.g post-16390-0-61148200-1368431123_thumb.g

Looking further ahead ECM wants to bring the Azores high into play by 240 hrs, hope they are right as GFS looks rather more unsettled right out to the end of its run with remnants of polar vortex still influencing our weather, but a long way off into FI.

post-16390-0-70452300-1368431469_thumb.p post-16390-0-60028500-1368431365_thumb.p

Any kind of settled and warm weather is looking like a slow process at the moment but certainly hope things might settle down towards the end of the month, don't want another summer 2012! 

Enjoy any glimpses of sun you can. smile.png

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. smile.png

A bit of a rubbish start today here, with nuisance value showers and no chance of thunder.

I wouldn't be too fussed if we had 7 or 10 days of bad weather now, if a half decent summer followed. However knowing that the weather never reads such scripts... I've really disliked the last 2 summers; 2011 cold and dull and 2012, not quite as cold, but wet. sad.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

You'd like to think so eh? I couldn't stand the prospect of another 'Summer' like last years doh.gif

We can only hope, I've been craving a good summer since the scorcher of 2006! Perhaps the 10th anniversary of the legendary 2003 summer might come up with the goods smile.png

Edited by Jezzer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Winds fall light Wednesday night into Thursday morning which might gives us a frost - Gardeners beware!

attachicon.gif75-778 rut.GIF

GFS was hinting at the ground frost onThursday morning, even at the end of last week, although on the chart I looked at then, it was showing even colder. I hope it's a degree of two warmer than shown and the frost can be avoided. Bound to be close though, although I think my area will escape.

Posted

If you look a the thin red line on the latest GFS free-atmosphere chart for London, you can see some drops in overnight temps up to Friday, but they seem to level out and move up slightly from thereafter.

MU_London_avn.png

Posted

Mornin each. Well, here in Naaaaaarich its bright, cloudy and very breezy. Sun is having a bash at coming out but I think the clouds will be triumphant.

Back to Ipswich later and that'll be fun........not. Oh why is life so beastly at times. *sigh* Sorry, I sound like a right misery but its been a very difficult few days. :(

Have a good day folks. :) take care and cherish what you have.

Posted

Sorry, I sound like a right misery but its been a very difficult few days. sad.png

Morning K,

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Uncle Coastie is always here to have a moan or a rant at! smile.png

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Tis dry and sunny and, at 14C, the expected max (13) has already been exceeded!

Enjoy it while it lasts!good.gif

Posted

Morning K,

Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Uncle Coastie is always here to have a moan or a rant at! :)

Oh, bless you Uncle Coastie. You're a sweetheart. Thank you for that. :)

Posted

Grey and disappointing day in Uxbridge, a few gusts blowing the trees outside with occasional bits of sun popping through. Drove past a fire at Hatton Cross, Heathrow this morning which was sending out some very black smoke outside the Green Man pub. Must say when the police held the traffic (well me and then those who arrived behind me) and then the fire engine arrived, I went to some lengths to tell myself there was no chance of those flames just yards from my car bursting into anything bigger; don't envy the emergency services in those situations.

Posted

Luke's 'boy band' group did great in Autism's Got Talent yesterday and everyone was on a huge high. It was a mostly grey and windy walk through the City of London past St Pauls and on to Blackfriars but we were in the theatre for any storms. Here's the rather stormy view from the Mermaid Theatre across the river to the Tate Modern.

attachicon.gif2013-05-11 15.10.26.jpg

Pleased to hear the event went well RS and that's a great photo as well. I hope everyone had a good weekend DESPITE the weather......

Its another windy ol' day here in nw London, and still feeling more like autumn than spring. It can only get better right ??

Posted

Pleased to hear the event went well RS and that's a great photo as well. I hope everyone had a good weekend DESPITE the weather......

Its another windy ol' day here in nw London, and still feeling more like autumn than spring. It can only get better right ??

We all must stay positive and send positive vibes... mmm... perhaps pole-wards to finish off this pesky vortex? Haunting memories of summers past must not linger; happy thoughts of 'starts cool must get hotter' must prevail. A mass meditation should be all that's required clapping.gif

Must say, the Autism's Got Talent event went so well; a lot were in tears at the stories, performances and talent on offer. My son's reaction to taking part was a joy.

Posted

Afternoon South East people!

Windy with broken cloud and feeling very cool out of the sunshine

To all my friends here having a difficult time I send you a big hug friends.gif

I could do with one myself smile.png  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

You'd like to think so eh? I couldn't stand the prospect of another 'Summer' like last years doh.gif

According to the MetO there is nothing to worry about...yet !

post-10773-0-85615400-1368448148_thumb.j

Although there have been stories in the press saying we’re in for another washout summer, don't worry, it’s a far too early to be writing off any chance of a decent summer season.

It appears the news stories are borne out of the current position of the jet stream, a band of fast moving westerly winds high up in the atmosphere. But why is this important?

Our latest blog looks at the current position of the jet stream and how this could affect our summer:

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2013/05/13/the-jet-stream-and-why-its-too-early-to-write-off-summer/