Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 7th May 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Oooh! Sferics on me radio. Come to mummy, storms. :D

Posted

hi all

tomorrow via the fax chart

PPVE89.gif?31415

a weakish west to north west flow

looks grey and drizzly up to around 9am

staying dry to around 5ish with rain coming in from the west

temps again around 12-14 degrees and feeling chilly when the showers arrive

Posted

Last Thursday (9th May) marked one year since I joined Netweather. It's been a fab year and I've met both on line and in person, lovely, friendly people.

Thanks guys. It's been wonderful. :D

Posted

I'm completely deprived of storms here in Sussex any chance of sending me one lol.

Is there any chance I will see a good storm today??

Posted

Its absolutely pelting down here again, but still none of natures fireworks

Here too, feels like October not May.

And I note from JP that it's dry whist I'm at work tomorrow *stamps feet and has a temper tantrum*

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A belter of a shower went through here with hail! :D

Posted

Evening all

Been standing in the garden on and off tonight, in outdoor coat, watching the trees swirl about, the clouds sprint across the sky and the ground glisten as the rain falls. Notwithstanding all the beautiful visual stuff, the thing tonight has been the sound.  The noise and rhythm of the rain on a gortex jacket like a taut tent canvas that soothes the mind, the push of the wind through the trees, the distant tremor of thunder and the tumble of water down the gutter of the hill that, despite the suburban Surrey location, sounds briefly like an Alpine stream just after the snows have ceded their standing to the Spring.

Lovely now, but could do with some weather that is boring to describe but highly enjoyable to deal with: sun, warm, dry!

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Evening all

Been standing in the garden on and off tonight, in outdoor coat, watching the trees swirl about, the clouds sprint across the sky and the ground glisten as the rain falls. Notwithstanding all the beautiful visual stuff, the thing tonight has been the sound. The noise and rhythm of the rain on a gortex jacket like a taut tent canvas that soothes the mind, the push of the wind through the trees, the distant tremor of thunder and the tumble of water down the gutter of the hill that, despite the suburban Surrey location, sounds briefly like an Alpine stream just after the snows have ceded their standing to the Spring.

Lovely now, but could do with some weather that is boring to describe but highly enjoyable to deal with: sun. warm, dry!

AS

Nice post AS, your description reminds me of going camping, when its dark with wind and rain flicking the outer skin of the tent, while being wrapped up in a sleeping bag.

Posted

morning  all  brezzy  out side  after  last nights storms!! might be able get in the garden before the next load of rain come later to-day

Edited by tinybill

Posted

Morning chums!

Glad to see a few people in the region got some thunderstorms yesterday and also that the charts were pointing to the right area for them too.

As far as my local weather prediction for yesterday went - I got it completely wrong! No rain until very late afternoon and not a bad day for sunshine on the whole. Today seems to be panning out more to plan so far, with clear blue skies and lots of sunshine.

I'm off up the dump with some rubbish in a moment, I hope I don't come back with more than I'm taking!!! :lol: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Not a bad morning here today - hopefully the rain will hold off long enough to get some outside jobs done after lunch and maybe get to see the bluebells after the storm halted my plans to go walking in the woods yesterday afternoon....I'm rather glad to get out of the no storms club so early in the season though so I'm not complaining !

Have a marvellous Sunday whatever you lot are getting up to today  angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We were in London yesterday. When the squall passed through the city went almost nightlike. Very eerie. No storm though.

Posted

Morning each. It's chilly and breezy in Norwich at the moment.....and dull. Oh, please God not another summer like last year.

Hope you all have a brilliant Sunday. Meanwhile....here is something to cheer you up. You'll have to click on it to see it better;

post-17085-0-29202800-1368351763_thumb.j

Posted

Luke's 'boy band' group did great in Autism's Got Talent yesterday and everyone was on a huge high. It was a mostly grey and windy walk through the City of London past St Pauls and on to Blackfriars but we were in the theatre for any storms. Here's the rather stormy view from the Mermaid Theatre across the river to the Tate Modern.

post-8993-0-68655300-1368355275_thumb.jp

Posted

OMG! The sun has appeared. But it's still cloudy. Oh and the lilac is blossoming but I haven't seen any Swifts yet. This time last year I had seen the first batch swooping around.

Posted

Sunny and blustery with broken high cloud

Just spent an hour trying to unblock one of my outside drains. Lovely job.............................not!

Went to my friend across the road in desperation, and she lent me a twiddly thing she had bought in Tesco's for £1.00

30 seconds later..................job done..................Marvelous good.gif 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely morning here if a bit chilly in the wind. Now cloudy, dull and cold :( Still dry, tho not for long looking at the radar. Don't mind a bit of rain but does it really have to be so cold and windy in May?!

Posted

well me rain alarm picking  up itcould be  a  wet night  here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Afternoon all, Here we go again, rain stops the work needed to be done outside,Not to warm either. I know I should be mature about it as its only the weather but im getting bloody sick of it already,Dull grey wet and boring.I know its only May, But to many times lately we start  well in April, Then the rest of Summer goes down the pan. Don't think i can deal with another pants summer......Sort it out Mr Weather get your patterns right, Enough is enough.mad.gif

Rant over 

Posted

Hello all

A chilly but really nice start to the day, got through the under 10s cricket match (a win in the cup) in intermittent sunshine but the wind was a nuisance.  Demonstrated what is left of my bowling skills during the jam sandwich break (this is the under 10s equivalent of the lunch break) by turning my arm over a few times, clearly demonstrating that I am still suffering from that well known condition 'middle aged bloke who thinks he is still in his twenties-itis' .  As a consequence my right shoulder is now very sore but I was able heroically to still muster enough strength to walk the dog then plant out 4 herbs before the rain arrived!

It's now cool and wet here as Sunday melts away.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Just thought I'd pop in here and see what everyone was up to as I've been forced in from the garden by the rain. The tomatoes are in and out of the conservatory trying to make the best of the sunshine and not end up lying horizontal from the wind. It is feeling more like Autumn and next week's forecast looked so wintery I thought I'd drop in and see if there was any likelyhood of snow! I can't wait until I can finally plant everything outside, but at this rate that wont be until August!

Posted

Afternoon all. Typing this as I look out at slate grey skies and listening to the drip of worse than useless 'rainfall'. Cloudy and 14.7c does nothing for me.

sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

OMG! The sun has appeared. But it's still cloudy. Oh and the lilac is blossoming but I haven't seen any Swifts yet. This time last year I had seen the first batch swooping around.

Saw the first swifts here on Fri :)