Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

House plants back in, washing back out, this working from home lark is very tiring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Ive kept my washing in after the torrential rain early this morning! We had brief sunny spells here this morning but its mainly overcast now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Came back from the supermarket on the Cranfield road...just had to stop for a while and have some me time...

post-10773-0-54854800-1370606434_thumb.j

I know these fields of gold are not Barley but I've got a certain song in my head now and it won't go away....

post-10773-0-63232600-1370606569_thumb.j

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtqTYSOBCg

Posted

Afternoon all and congratulations to all you lucky blighters who have had a flash and rumble or two.

It's one of those will it/won't it type days here in the suburbs. Skies mostly cloudy but the sun has been trying to break through occasionaly, and the atmosphere feels 'heavy' in a thunderstorm kind of way. I suspect I am just a bit  too far north and east for any developments though. Fingers crossed.

Have a good day folks. Posted Image

Posted

Afternoon all and congratulations to all you lucky blighters who have had a flash and rumble or two.

It's one of those will it/won't it type days here in the suburbs. Skies mostly cloudy but the sun has been trying to break through occasionaly, and the atmosphere feels 'heavy' in a thunderstorm kind of way. I suspect I am just a bit  too far north and east for any developments though. Fingers crossed

It really is up in the air ('scuse the awful pun) but a couple of rumbles for me this morning has raised a smile on a grumpy old face!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Moody skies to the S/SW of Croydon, as stated above by Nick F.Just popped out for a Panini (Ooh, more alliteration!)and its.............spotting with rain.Very gloomy over the Downs towards Wills mothers', sorry Abruzzis' house, Reigate way.From my pov, hopefully the Downs wont let it come further north and it slides away towards W.Surrey.Have a lovely afternoon all.Tom.

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight & Southampton

Isolated thunderstorms today may lead to some local torrential downpours. The public should be aware of the risk of some disruption to transport through standing water.

Issued at:

1031 on Fri 7 Jun 2013

Valid from:

1300 on Fri 7 Jun 2013

Valid to:

2300 on Fri 7 Jun 2013

There is a risk of an isolated thunderstorm developing today. Where this happens, there is the potential for some very heavy rain, but most places should miss these.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=5AA323C7-031C-7BC7-1882-1DC0824E4948_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&fcTime=1370559600

the MO class Hants/IOW/Southampton in 'London & the SE' ??....You can't get any more central & southern England if you tried....lol

Posted

Really mugged up here last hour. A few heavy drops but thats all

Posted

Heavyish rain falling in downtown Croydon now.

Tom.

Posted

the MO class Hants/IOW/Southampton in 'London & the SE' ??....You can't get any more central & southern England if you tried....lol

Agreed...perhaps that's why they said most places should miss these (ie London & SE) lol anyway it's a good indication of what not to expect for most of us in this region Posted Image

Posted

Moody skies to the S/SW of Croydon, as stated above by Nick F.Just popped out for a Panini (Ooh, more alliteration!)and its.............spotting with rain.Very gloomy over the Downs towards Wills mothers', sorry Abruzzis' house, Reigate way.From my pov, hopefully the Downs wont let it come further north and it slides away towards W.Surrey.Have a lovely afternoon all.Tom.

Hello Tom, just started to brighten up here - rained for about 2 hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

My Met office app told me sunny today, did my washing and it's outside and fell asleep an hour ago and woken up to pouring rain! Not impressed :-( Just hope the weather radar is right and its going to fizzle out with sun coming for the rest of the afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Heavyish rain falling in downtown Croydon now.

Tom.

Escaped here Tomas and stayed dry as wellPosted Image  and having returned from the shops the sky is now returning to the deeper blue we have seen in recent days as the atmosphere changes back and as these thundery things move away and concentrate on more SW parts.

It looks a perfect afternoon to do a bit of gardening in the bright sunshine and that pleasant breezePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hello Tom, just started to brighten up here - rained for about 2 hours!

Reigate needs the rainPosted Image

Posted

A quick blast out in the car and it's mainly sunshine in Eastbourne with a few suspicious clouds to the West and East - nothing overhead of course 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

A quick blast out in the car and it's mainly sunshine in Eastbourne with a few suspicious clouds to the West and East - nothing overhead of course 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coast, did those 2 young ladies not mind you being that close when you took the photo?  Or do you have a very long, ahem, 'lens'?!

AS

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mmm, I can see why you weren't looking upwards Rob! Posted Image

Tom.

Posted

Anyone like to hazard a guess as to why, according to the netweather radar it's been raining moderately heavily here in the City for an hour when in reality there has hardly been a spot?

It has me stumped.  I see it's raining elsewhere in an around London though.

Posted

Coast, did those 2 young ladies not mind you being that close when you took the photo?  Or do you have a very long, ahem, 'lens'?!

AS

Mmm, I can see why you weren't looking upwards Rob! Posted Image

Tom.

See. they aren't all old ladies down here! Mind you, I am now writing this from Eastbourne nick with the duty brief trying to get bail terms for me :lol:  

Posted

Lovely afternoon for a bit of sunbathing in the back garden..rather glad I'm not well enough to have worked today and have the excuse of needing to sleep my meds off in the sun.

A bit of exciting news in an otherwise not too happy week is that one of my photographs taken in the Woburn Deer park has been chosen as a commended entry in the Woburn Photography competition and will be on display in an exhibition in Woburn Abbey in a couple of weeks time Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

This 'working from home malarkey' must be a real drag eh Coast, especially on a Friday  Posted Image !!

Nothing to report here, unless you count the 2 minutes of pitter patter raindrops a few minutes ago. I have to say though I do like the smell of rain after a dry spell. Very refreshing.