Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Turned out really nice here but it took ages for the sun to burn off that cloud - maxed out at 16 degrees but quite pleasant all the same Posted Image 

did the same here ( well I'm not that far from MK )

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lovely day, chilly at the coast but with no cloud it was perfect further inland, unlike yesterday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lovely day, chilly at the coast but with no cloud it was perfect further inland, unlike yesterday!

I don't believe it!Posted Image

Posted

A mostly sunny day here again and while a maximum of 20.2c is ok,  it would be nice if the temperature rose just a few degrees at this time of year. It seems to be a combination of a weak and fragmented Jet Stream sending one portion of it way to our south, cold surface sea temperatures all around our coasts and that seemingly constant north/north easterly breeze that is pegging the temperatures back.

Posted

Beautiful evening in Dartford, not a cloud in the sky. My companies office opening in Peterborough was a bit of a farce, even if I say so myself, next time I am sure the new office manager will remember the keys :-). Made me laugh anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Loving this weather.

Just a shame about the chilly wind :)

Any ideas if it will settle abit?

Posted

A much nicer day! Up to 19.9c under mostly unbroken sunny skies - hopefully more of that to come with that pesky wind finally going away?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The weather since the weekend has been ideal for me for the summerPosted Image  - pleasantly warm, no cloying humidity and threat of thunder (and we have seen enough downpours of any kind anyway) , a refreshing easterly breeze, stunningly blue skies and brilliant sunshine. The last spell of similar weather was the last days of May last year. I do hope that this Summer we see more of this because it is wonderfulPosted Image .

Posted

The weather since the weekend has been ideal for me for the summer:wub:  - pleasantly warm, no cloying humidity and threat of thunder (and we have seen enough downpours of any kind anyway) , a refreshing easterly breeze, stunningly blue skies and brilliant sunshine. The last spell of similar weather was the last days of May last year. I do hope that this Summer we see more of this because it is wonderful:) .

I agree but could do with slightly less of a breeze. Loving the warm sunshine today and the cool nights though..far better than humid sticky muck! Why can't we have storms without humidity?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hi lottie and JanPosted Image

Yes the seafront today was wonderful and the best thing was that the beach was quiet enough for me to able to get to the meeting I had in the town here in Hastings by taking my pumps off and walking along the sand in my bare feet with the tide out instead of on the main seafront track after parking my car as usual. I looked out at the glassy sea and little waves breaking just in front of me and wished I had put on my swimsuit under my clothes!Posted Image Mind you the sea is still pretty chillyPosted Image

Jan - thanks, same wishes to youPosted Image  The sun and getting out and about does us all the world of goodPosted Image

Posted

Yes the seafront today was wonderful and the best thing was that the beach was quiet enough for me to able to get to the meeting I had in the town here in Hastings by taking my pumps off and walking along the sand in my bare feet with the tide out instead of on the main seafront track after parking my car as usual. I looked out at the glassy sea and little waves breaking just in front of me and wished I had put on my swimsuit under my clothes!Posted Image Mind you the sea is still pretty chillyPosted Image

Oh please do hush Tamara !!  My friends in  Fairlight invited me to visit them this week and health issues have prevented me from making the drive down. In my minds eye I can just picture that shimmering sea from some of my favourite veiwing points. Sounds like you had a wonderful day Posted Image

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Hi all

Hope everyone had some sun today

The fax charts still look good for the rest of the week including saturday

No great heat but pleasant in the sun

The windchill is still there but bearable

Cool at night but good for sleeping in

I cannot comment yet re sunday as too close to call

More tomorrow when i might get full internet back. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

John :-)

Posted

Morning all, dull and overcast here in Dartford, looked like the cloud has lapped in from the North Sea overnight. Now do I suggest to the wife that we take the grand kids to Broadstairs on Saturday for fish and chips in our hands followed by a quick play on the beach, a walk along the prom and a ice cream in the world famous Morrelli's. Or sit at home and watch England thrash Australia in the one day international, decision decisions? Think it will be nice on Saturday down at the beautiful Broadstairs but concerned about the walking on the sands with my old dodgy knees. Sod it, think I will suggest Broadstairs and moan about it on all on Sunday, need a fix of sun and my knickerbokaglory.

Posted

Good morning.

Another glorious, golden start to the day on the sunny South coast. Off to queue for a consultant in a cash strapped NHS, so enjoy the weather where you are and I'll catch you later.

Posted

Oh well, Broadstairs is now out of the window as her indoors say my knees won't take it, she really she just don't want whinging all week about them. But been told that the following week its on as we won't have the grand kids so we won't have to go on the sand, pity as I fancied building a sand castle and going to the Punch and Judy, but deep down I know unfortunately she's right, but I hate being prevented from doing things buy my bloody knees. Disappointed from Dartford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny morning again, if cool in that persistent wind. Off to the allotment again and will try not to burn any other parts of my body today hehe

Posted

This wind in Dover is driving me crazy! It's just enough out at sea to whip up a swell around the harbour thus keeping us in the marina. (my mate only has a small pleasure fishing boat)

Where do i find the wind direction and speed charts? thanking you all in advance...

Posted

Morning all,

Cloud has melted away this morning - lovely and sunny out there now.  All I can say is roll on the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

This wind in Dover is driving me crazy! It's just enough out at sea to whip up a swell around the harbour thus keeping us in the marina. (my mate only has a small pleasure fishing boat)

Where do i find the wind direction and speed charts? thanking you all in advance...

I look at the xcweather site. http://xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Sunny here, but with a coolish breeze. Very pleasant nonetheless. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

And beautiful it is too. Finally managed to get both front and back gardens done yesterday, paying for it now though, I'm stiff in parts I never thought existed! Still it was a beautiful day and really nice to be out in the fresh air rather than cooped up in a Croydon office, that pleasure returns today. Had computer problem last night, the problem being its my daughters laptop and she was on it all night, selfish child.

Had dinner with the goat last night out in the back garden, along with my son and daughter. Back garden faces south though and we lose the sun by late afternoon and it really was fresh out there.

Well the weather looks set fair for a few days yet and even though low pressure over France creeps closer towards us, any thundery breakdown looks like remaining the French side of the Channel. 

So looks like being a lovely weekend and those of you who have been working and missed this weeks nice weather, should reap your reward on Saturday/Sunday.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Regards,

Tom.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Very warm here in Ippy. Sky is blue and only a slight but nice breeze.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Stay safe and WEAR YOUR SUNSCREEN. :D xx

Posted

Hi all,

Another beautiful day today.....we're all getting spoiled Posted Image

Tom, your goat must have had plenty of grass cuttings for his dinner! Very satisfying getting the mowing done.

Enjoy your day all

Posted

Hi all,

Afternoon Jan,

Just driven back through Brighton city centre and around the areas of students accommodation, there is a lot of lovely lady flesh on view in the fantastic sunshine today.

I think most of the damage to the front of my car will knock out!! :lol: