Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well considering today was supposed to be a bit of a 'blip' re temperatures and cloud cover, I have to say it's got off to a fantastic start. A cloudless sky here, and the temp is already 18.3c, well up on this time yesterday morning.

However, judging by the SAT24 radar there is a wall of cloud about to envelope the region from the north, so best make the most of the sunshine whilst it lasts :)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Well considering today was supposed to be a bit of a 'blip' re temperatures and cloud cover, I have to say it's got off to a fantastic start. A cloudless sky here, and the temp is already 18.3c, well up on this time yesterday morning.

However, judging by the SAT24 radar there is a wall of cloud about to envelope the region from the north, so best make the most of the sunshine whilst it lasts Posted Image

Bish

cloudless here north of you, can see patchy cloud to my extreme north

Posted

So is that cloud going to make it down here?? or burn off

You might escape the worst of it in the far west of the region. The cloud still hasn't reached here either, so perhaps the leading edge is is burning away :)

Bish

Posted

Just starting to cloud over a bit now.

Might not be a bad idea to bowl first at Trent Bridge, cloudy conditions usually helps the ball swing.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Your right Bish !!!, That clouds roll in fast, Ive gone from wall to wall shine to wall to wall cloud in about 10 to 15 mins !!!

My temp is 21.2c and I dont know about you but it feels quite muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Been cloudy here for the last few hours. Slept a combined of 8 hours in the last 3 nights due to excessive heat so I think I'll take a lack of sun for the obvious cooler temps we have today. All windows open to get some air in before we go again Friday! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

No doubt the white thing in the sky has returned! Should have known that sunshine shield would power back up.

Posted

Your right Bish !!!, That clouds roll in fast, Ive gone from wall to wall shine to wall to wall cloud in about 10 to 15 mins !!!

My temp is 21.2c and I dont know about you but it feels quite muggy.

I got up to 20.5c, but since the cloud rolled in the temperature has dropped appreciably, in fact I've had to turn off the desk fan because it's suddenly much cooler.

Now 17.7c

Bish

Posted

Very very muggy last night, low of 16.3c in the end though temperature's soon soared back up this morning, 22.2c already and glorious (if hazier) sunshine, can see the cloud to the south east but hasn't got any nearer in the past half hour.

Upgrades for weekend continuing this morning, 25-27c widely now Saturday (28-29c possbile in South of region) and 23-25c Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yep it was horrible last night, the fan was on all night and it was still unbearable. It's nice to have a morning off to cool down so far today, especially with the heat building again Friday.

Posted

Currently 19.7c.  This could be one of those rare days whereby my maximum temp was recorded before nine in the morning.

Bish

Posted

Yep it was horrible last night, the fan was on all night and it was still unbearable. It's nice to have a morning off to cool down so far today, especially with the heat building again Friday.

it got down to 10c here last night and im not even really in east anglia, today is a horrible cool day just 18c 

No doubt the white thing in the sky has returned! Should have known that sunshine shield would power back up.

Come Friday, we'll be well spoilt again..not as if we're suffering at the mo :) Low to mid twenties for many and only a few degrees or so higher in more favoured W/SW spots.Will we get closer to 90f at the week end? And bloomin' good timing if you ask me.

Posted

Hazier/cloudier skies set in soon after midday but still some good spells of sunshine and although it's freshening up now it felt scorching again earlier with the high humidity, maxed out at 23.7c, now 22.3c.

Still on course for a real scorcher Friday and the 12z keeps things pleasantly warm all the way to 360hrs!! UKMO not got the Azores high ridging quite so much but is also further north than on it's 00z so maybe were on to a trend.

Warm & sunny for my birthday next weekend two years running please :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

horrid, got no sleep after 3am, never tired anyway, today high of 22.7C

Should see a return to blue skies tomorrow, which may come a few hours too early for our bowlers. Should be a nice afternoon for a 2nd innings turn around though - come on England.

Looking good for high 20's on Friday with little if any wind - it'll be hot in the stands but hopefully cold in the glass!

After that it seems the weekend and into next week may see a continuation of this very pleasant summer spell.

Posted

18z continues to the gradual upgrades for the weekend, another 1-2c increase on the 12z values :D

Very dull and murky tonight, the clouds made it feel quite close and humid again, certainly not going to get single figure minimum here now, still 18c.

Posted

18z continues to the gradual upgrades for the weekend, another 1-2c increase on the 12z values Posted Image

Very dull and murky tonight, the clouds made it feel quite close and humid again, certainly not going to get single figure minimum here now, still 18c.

Wow, we're already down to 12.8c here, big temperature differences further west looking on xcweather.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Woop last 2 days have been 25c in Falmouth and looks like the weekend and beyond will stay hot on my return to the Midlands so looks like I have very nicely missed the cooler cloudier conditions at home albeit that is brief there.