Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Power back up Blizzard? Hope you weren't too busy on mop duties lol...so after ten days of wall to wall, you get the storms too! Pretty large ones at that..

Jealous, mois. :)

So another day of generally chasing around the cloud, Sunday, still warmish mind - beats chasing away pouring rain or worse still periods of mizzle and overcast monotone grey..

20c shouldn't feel too bad either.

Edited by triple_x1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I must say I have been treated big time recently. It makes up for so much rain over Winter. Posted Image Todays storm was El Kernow - just as severe as El Brumo last year imo! 

Its pleasing to see French Imports make it despite colder than normal seas. Shows each synoptic is different.  Our power only went very briefly but going by news stories, we was in one of the worst hit areas. Road flooding and lightning strikes were the worst issues. 

Its just so much easier to get a clear sunny day here. Whenever I see a cloud in the Midlands now im going to be like Conor. Haha but then I plan on spending more time down here now than originally planned. 

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

north sea misty low cloud again, in this prone location, never fully lifted yesterday, tomorrow last day of north sea mist, then change from the west

Posted

Blizzards that storm sounded immense, I'm so jealous! El Kernow indeed!

Cloudy here this morning, although the sun is gradually making regular appearances.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Blizzards that storm sounded immense, I'm so jealous! El Kernow indeed!

Cloudy here this morning, although the sun is gradually making regular appearances.

Bish

It really did pack quite a punch. It seemed to intensify continuously for a time as it entered the bay around Falmouth. Seemed like there was some good moisture availability or whatever to enhance and sustain it. Being on the coast helps though. But everyone has said how such a storm is so rare here so I feel pretty lucky and also that Ive seen a storm slightly less than one year after El Brumo that I can compare to! Didnt think Id see something of the severity of El Brumo for some years!

Posted

Glorious day in Twywn and Aberdovey today with unbroken sunshine and 21c, arrived back to a lovely evening here, last of the nice days tomorrow although the week ahead will stay decent on the temperature front at least, Thursday/Friday possibly very nice again to providing that rain stays south east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Glorious day in Twywn and Aberdovey today with unbroken sunshine and 21c, arrived back to a lovely evening here, last of the nice days tomorrow although the week ahead will stay decent on the temperature front at least, Thursday/Friday possibly very nice again to providing that rain stays south east.

misty low cloud looks like lingering longer tomorrow, still feels like its been like an April settled spell rather than june

Posted

Another stunning day here, almost wall-to-wall sunshine and a lovely 19C - great for getting stuff done in the garden

Posted

misty low cloud looks like lingering longer tomorrow, still feels like its been like an April settled spell rather than june

Oh dear, just seen the 18z, looks like this spell is over then, tommorow grotty.

Posted

18z would bring north sea murk in all day unfortunately, fingers crossed it's wrong as 18z has also downgraded the rest of the week, 12z was pretty decent but looking at ECM and UKMO maybe the 18z is just playing catch up.

Sorry, cloud in my book isn't classed as grotty lol..not nit picking promise, but compared to some days/weeks/even months we've had, cloud is a stroll in the park in comparison. May not be quite as nice as today but who knows, saying that I believe it won't be that far away either.

UV level 6 is not often surpassed during our normal Midlands Summer. :)

Posted

Blizzard's still sunbathing Posted Image fourteenth day in a row, blah blah seventh storm, quad bows at night Posted Image Nocs galore lol..

Watch this space hehe.

Lol, well actually it started off a little cloudy but yeah it was another non stop sunshine day otherwise this afternoon and evening. Lovely and warm again. Went to the beach...again. Defo got a brilliant tan from this spell. Shame its coming to an end but its been fantastic and im encouraged there are good signs for more Azores ridging in the near future - seems to be much different charts to the last dire summers. And of course, no more storms but yesterday's fantastic storm really puts the cherry on top of a very nice cake! :D

Posted

If anyone mentions cloud again aaaarrrrghhh LOL!

Evening Mr.B.

Did you mention storms?

I bid you goodnight. Posted Image

Hehe, I have been immensely lucky. 

Not looking forward to the Midlands daytime convective cloud. That will quickly have me running back down here If so!

Posted

CLOUD noooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh. ; )

Oopps, sorry did I mention the word CLOUD???? Dont worry I hate it as much as you and despise of it even more now than ever!

Posted

Well unfortunately I was right, slate grey skies with NO sign of brightness or breaks whatsoever, looks like the sunny spells pleasant Sat/Sun luck has ran out to for the upcoming weekend, still scope for changes though at least.

Posted

Finally managing a few bits and pieces of sunshine in the past hour (very little despite a mostly clear satellite) but jeeze that wind is biting, 14.8c but feels absolutely freezing.

Wouldn't of expected the north sea to bring in so much dross in June, there did used to be a time it would clear by 10/11am at the latest.