Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

north sea mist bad today, worse today now its more of a SE wind, and a cold wind, still feels more like early April, weird to think that its wimbledon in 2 weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Think we're paying the price for the march freeze still, with a colder North Sea. The same issue means i Dont hold out much hope of any major heatwaves this summer, that's not to say we can't have any pleasant warm spells of weather, which in many ways is more enjoyable than blisteringly hot days and nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

north sea mist bad today, worse today now its more of a SE wind, and a cold wind, still feels more like early April, weird to think that its wimbledon in 2 weeks

20 miles north of you and has been sunny and warm again like it has for the last week and half apart from 1 day.

Well unfortunately I was right, slate grey skies with NO sign of brightness or breaks whatsoever, looks like the sunny spells pleasant Sat/Sun luck has ran out to for the upcoming weekend, still scope for changes though at least.

Grottier than on Sunday, ever so slightly lol, then by 3ish out she popped :)Long sunny intervals, warm ones at that and a fairly muggy feel this eve. Haven't had time to check the very latest although some moisture wouldn't go a stray and considering.

Posted

A couple of mm of rain overnight. Now it's cloudy, damp and cold-feeling. Come back sun, we miss you!

Posted

Sun came out yesterday and was quite muggy. Today drizzle earlier has cleared blue patches of sky and glimpses of the sun.... 17c... Breezy today though....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Horrific disgusting day with a depressing outlook for the foreseeable future, welcome back standard Telford weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

all day cloud yesterday and today isn't much better bits and peces of rain in the morning. I hope this isn't gona stay for long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

kind of back to normal especially with the threat of a washout Sunday, today feels much warmer due to SW wind, rather than that north sea muck off the easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Skywarn has a severe thunderstorm watch out for our area tomorrow, may be worth keeping an eye on things. I have posted in the Convective thread but I was thinking everything would be north of here. As it happens we could be well placed for a storm as it would appear the rather poor CAPE values will be of little concern with 60+ knots of DLS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very mild here tonight. Looks warm but wet next week for when Im back. Could be worse but Charts not great right now but CFS etc very keen on a settled end to June and July. My Birthday is almost always dry. 2007 is the only rainy one I can remember.

Posted

Very mild here tonight. Looks warm but wet next week for when Im back. Could be worse but Charts not great right now but CFS etc very keen on a settled end to June and July. My Birthday is almost always dry. 2007 is the only rainy one I can remember.

Still potential for some warm/hot and thundery conditions next week judging by the 18z especially (of course Telford will completely dodge any storms just like last year Posted Image).

A lot way out and probably a dud run but 18z is perfection for next week, my ideal weather !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow epic 18z for next week with 27-30c next Wednesday and HUGE CAPE values!!! Sadly its very likely to be an outlier I suspect. Im always wary of sudden changes like this. However something warm and humid is likely and possibly thundery. Not discounting the 18z but it seems an extreme scenario but if the Low becomes slow moving enough then there is every chance of a roasting day next week!

Posted

Come to daddy...outlier! Why never a dead cert lol. Surely 2013 can't be totally TS free...

I've been saying that for the past 4 years :lol:, 28th June last year really was the icing of the cake with those monster storms hitting every scrap of the region but here.

Posted

Charts back to their usual garbage today, 06z is truly shocking.

In the meantime despite the cloud and howling wind it's feeling rather warm and humid today, maybe a 20c this afternoon if the sun does come out.