Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 1st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I am effin annoyed that the midlands has cloud again, why? just why us? just want to see the sun shine and not have to be stuck with this depressing sheet of gloom

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

What has happened to the lovely sunny start to the day? I've got the heating on in the office, it's cloudy, and at nearly 11.30, it's still below 10C. Most of last night was below 5C, touching 3C on occasions. It's mad.Not encouraging for us in the west of the region. I thought the cloud was supposed to clear from the west, not the east.

This was posted yesterday evening,

"Tomorrow will be a completely different day with the winds coming in from a more easterly direction, So the morning cloud will be not just burn't away but blown away,

So all the midlands " including the north midlands" will see the sun tomorrow and temp's responding to 20c to 22c".

It was always going to start from the east with the winds coming from that way.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

The cloud today will burn away and alot quicker that yesterday and you can see it happening on "sat 24" sorry link!!

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Yes, it looks like the cloud is eroding fairly quickly now according to the radar.

We've had one or two fleeting glimpses of sunshine here, so hopefully a change is on the way soon Posted Image

Bish

Posted

What has happened to the lovely sunny start to the day? I've got the heating on in the office, it's cloudy, and at nearly 11.30, it's still below 10C. Most of last night was below 5C, touching 3C on occasions. It's mad.

Not encouraging for us in the west of the region. I thought the cloud was supposed to clear from the west, not the east.

"Not encouraging for us in the west of the region"

Well i can confirm that the Posted Imageis out playing here!!!!! So wont be long for the rest of you guys and girls. Back to HAPPY DAYS  Posted Image

Posted

What an absolute pee take, I was half joking when I said here would be the last place to see the sunshine but looks like I was correct,  even the north sea coasts are sunny, thick cloud and even drizzle here, NO sign of any brightness.

Looks like we can safely write off tomorrow then to now, what an unexpected horror fest.

Edited by conor123

Posted

At last the sun has arrived here. Welcome back, old friend.

Temp now 14.1c and climbing.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

What an absolute pee take, I was half joking when I said here would be the last place to see the sunshine but looks like I was correct,  even the north sea coasts are sunny, thick cloud and even drizzle here, NO sign of any brightness.

Looks like we can safely write off tomorrow then to now, what an unexpected horror fest.

Its a bloody joke! its starting to brighten up slowly tho but still why is it ALWAYS Shropshire that is the last place to clear!? This week was billed as a mini heatwave and everyone at work was saying i booked a good week off!! BAH!

Posted

Posted ImagePosted Image

side by side What a difference a day makes.

Posted

This is ridiculous, it's just Shropshire and east Wales where it won't burn off- is the sun weaker here than elsewhere in the UK or something? It doesn't matter what wind direction we get, Shropshire is always cloudy. Met office latest reports: Shawbury 10.4C cloudy, Aberdeen 14.5C sunny, in a bloody EASTERLY!!!!!

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Clear blue skys here, with the odd cloud on the horizon. Much clearer than yesterday, should turn into a nice evening...

Posted

Well, shocking developments here in Telford, the suns finally starting to break through!

Gripe No 1 - where's our sunshine??? I was expecting today to be bright & sunny, not a repeat of yesterday's cloudfest. NOT HAPPY! Gripe No 2 - after triple_x1 mentioned it last night, I had Mull Of Fugging Kintrye going round & round my head for hours afterwards :spiteful: Bish

LOL..there must be worse songs to go round & round ones head! Erm I dunno? relight my fire.... :)Take that!

Posted

Yeah! The sun is just arriving!

Posted

TX1....."There must be worse songs to go round & round ones head! Erm I dunno? relight my fire."... Posted Image

Oh dear i think you just might of started something,YESTERDAY=Ain't no sunshine ...THIS MORNING= For the love of sunshine.... AND NOW=Don't let the sunshine go down on me.

" BEEN'S IT WAS RUDDY LATE " But no complaints now Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Endless sunshine again here today :p

Posted

Seals and Crofts ,TUNE!!

Posted

Are these cloudy mornings continuing for the next few days?

As far as i'm aware that's it for cloud from now right over the weekend (finger crossed) maybe a few fluffy bits in the afternoon.