Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 8th June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

looks very sunny in london at queens club, still a lot of cloud here with a bit of sun

Edited by Tony27

Posted

Posted Image + the possibility of a bit of action during the night-time hours for a lucky few!

I know - will probably be a quick flash and a bang though knowing my luck (if there is anything at all that is!) 

Posted

I know - will probably be a quick flash and a bang though knowing my luck (if there is anything at all that is!) 

No use to me, I need something that lasts much much longer :winky:

Posted

Quite a turnaround from earlier, still breezy but pleasantly warm and some lovely blue skies. I'm on a knife edge though. I'm sat out the front talking to my next door neighbour who is about to give birth any day now.......Posted Image . Any midwives in the area please ??!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Blimey, it's Bernard Matthews!  Posted Image

Tis lovely out there this afternoon - made even sweeter by the fact it's Friday afternoon and nearly time to go home!

I am home...but just finished working so it's deffo time to get ready to go out....I will try to stay sober and not make noises like Meg Ryan but I honestly can't promise on either count Posted Image

I was hoping for a bit more that that Posted Image

Posted

Something to keep an eye on for tonight's convective weather possibility: 

Posted Image

Posted

Blimey, you lot are thirsty, where do you get the capacity?

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

Something to keep an eye on for tonight's convective weather possibility: 

Posted Image

Nice and warm here all afternoon, hope may give an oomph to the possible heavy showers...

Posted

Right, off out in while and I'm hoping to be around for the potential in the early hours, even if I have to view it from a bed somewhere!

Have a good one folks Posted Image

Posted

So there is the chance of thunderstorms tonight??

Possibly Tom.......follow this topic

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76968-convective-storm-risk-discussion-14th-june-2013-onwards/page-4#entry2713821

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Gorgeous afternoon! Well hello sunshine :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Gorgeous afternoon! Well hello sunshine Posted Image

yup, 19oC and sunny here too, shame about the breeze ( it is putting my fence through its final stages, should be back to its component parts by morning at this rate)

Posted
Posted · Hidden by abruzzi spur, June 14, 2013 - dull post, realised after re-reading!
Hidden by abruzzi spur, June 14, 2013 - dull post, realised after re-reading!

Evening all, arrived in Brighton for the weekend, left home in glorious sunshine and arrived to........ glorious sunhine (plus the sea).  Not sure how that happened but certainly not complaining.

Trying to get volunteers to take the dog out at 6:30 am on Sunday morning to allow a father's day lie-in.  So far, no takers.  Maybe I'll strike a deal with Mrs AS that if I do it on father's day then she does it on mother's day......  fat chance!

AS

Posted

Evening!  What a lovely day it turned into, up to 18.9c with lots of sunshine this afternoon as I left work. Fingers crossed this is here for the weekend...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Could be an omen for you thunder lovers.

Stormy Paradise has just won the 6.50 Goodwood and it was the favourite, so perhaps some fun n' games down in Sussex later on!

And not just some slap n'tickle Coast, eh.Posted Image

Tut, tut Rob!

Tom. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, I've just watered the front garden...So, if there's no storm tonight, I'll be doubly peeved!Posted Image 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

It's been a lovely afternoon to be out and about shopping etc as I have been, just having returned home, and could do without storm omens thanks very much of any kind. Hopefully with luck, this corner close to the coast escapes with just ordinary rain, and the charts do seem to suggest a slight shift northwards of the worst of tonights weather.

Tomorrow looks another pleasant day after tonight's weather clears away, hopefully with no fuss first thing, and here on the coast it should be very sunny tomorrow with the wind off the sea and the METO forecast backs that up as wellPosted Image

Posted

I think the first half of next week looks increasingly problematic for those few of us who don't like storms with the models reverting back to the idea of that humid unstable air moving up from the south during Monday with thundery downpours to give what could be a very unpleasant and unrelaxed afternoon and eveningPosted Image  The ECM and GFS both seem in agreement with this and even the UKMO has it hanging around far too close to the south.

Whilst one or two of us would wish to go AWOL for a day or two, this is of course great news for the majority on here on the other hand, so if tonight doesn't produce anything, then next week is looking (unfortunately) like it will.

So its defintely a case of make the most of the weekend, as should be the case each weekend anyway.

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

I think the first half of next week looks increasingly problematic for those few of us who don't like storms with the models reverting back to the idea of that humid unstable air moving up from the south during Monday with thundery downpours to give what could be a very unpleasant and unrelaxed afternoon and evening:(

Whilst I understand your position Tamara, I say yes please Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Quote: "Whilst one or two of us would wish to go AWOL for a day or two"

Hi Tamara,

Yes, looks like I could be giving Chislehurst Caves a visit!

Regards,

Tom.

Posted

Quote: "Whilst one or two of us would wish to go AWOL for a day or two"

Hi Tamara,

Yes, looks like I could be giving Chislehurst Caves a visit!

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tomas - yes, from our pov the GFS is not good at all for Monday and then again on Weds and Thurs. I checked the ECM and that is also a horror story all the way from Monday to ThursdayPosted Image  The long escape enjoyed since 2010 (IMBY) looks like it might finally be coming to an endPosted Image

Time to forget about this, get the dinner and have some wine I thinkPosted Image